Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of things BETTER at cricket than Chad Keegan

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
I loved his reaction when he finally got a wicket against Worcs- no reaction, he knew he was bowling toilet and it hurt.
I worry about our attack, as he is clearly average at the best. Tucker's gone, Kirtley's getting on, ANYONE's gone awol (injured?) and Stan needs to find some form...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
chad_lowe.jpeg

Michelle-Keegan22.jpg

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I like the economy stat because in T20 the wickets taken in the end is a meaningless stat (I accept that taking wickets slows the run rate, but run rate is the best measure of that!).?

Don't agree with that. The economy stat can be misleading esepcially against bowlers that start the innings when the powerplay is on.

Also taking wickets is very important in 20/20 as it breaks up the flow of the batting side. In general I'd far rather that we conceeded 6 of an over but had taken a wicket than a maiden been bowled.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In general I'd far rather that we conceeded 6 of an over but had taken a wicket than a maiden been bowled.

I agree that the economy stats can vary depending on your role. But what is the effect of the taking of a wicket in the scenario you describe above? The run rate slows down! Hence my point that ultimately, it is the run rate that matters - no matter how it is contained. Based on Wickets per Over, Yardy is one of the worst bowlers we have - does that make him a bad bowler? He's one of the best in the country - and that's because his economy rate is so damn good.

As it happens, Chad takes wickets more often than half the other bowlers and less often than the other half - so he is a wicket taker, but not one of the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here