Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of really, really brilliant Goalkeepers.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'll kick things off with my number one number one, Lev Yashin.

levyashinworldcuphero20100429_275x155.jpg

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really really brilliant, to me, suggests they were world renowned, top class keepers.

Lehmann was a decent keeper, worth his place in the Premier League, but I'd put him nowhere near the all time greats list. Good comedy value though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 8th reply and 'that' save by Moseley still not mentioned.
Hang your heads in shame.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
"absolut unfair"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pat Jennings, shame for him he had to be Irish, even unluckier that it was Northern Ireland.

Best ever, for me quite possibly. Lehman? pah..

[yt]r9fp4aD3X-E[/yt]

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Lehmann was a decent keeper, worth his place in the Premier League, but I'd put him nowhere near the all time greats list. Good comedy value though.

lehmann to me is the best of all time. although there will be probably 20-50 better keepers named on this thread, he coupled his ability with being an absolute clown most of the time which for me is priceless. his playacting, his tantrums about oliver kahn, his timewasting and his habbitt of getting sent off for totally rash things were brilliant

the thing i loved most about him though was his refusal to accept that any ball was ungatherable - the amount of times he would claim something that was way otu of his six yards box was just ludicrous. and he nearly always got away with it

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Have to say Scotty Mac i loved the antics of mad Jens & his eccentric style is sorely missed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
lehmann to me is the best of all time. although there will be probably 20-50 better keepers named on this thread, he coupled his ability with being an absolute clown most of the time which for me is priceless. his playacting, his tantrums about oliver kahn, his timewasting and his habbitt of getting sent off for totally rash things were brilliant

the thing i loved most about him though was his refusal to accept that any ball was ungatherable - the amount of times he would claim something that was way otu of his six yards box was just ludicrous. and he nearly always got away with it

Well this thread is about truely great goalkeepers not idiotic clowns.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well this thread is about truely great goalkeepers not idiotic clowns.

appologies - i went for brilliant for other reasons as well as talent. the thread did not state it was purely based on ability. but in that case

World-Cup-2010-Champion-Iker-Casillas-celebrates-the-Winning-Goal.jpg

has won every prize going and been a european and world cup winning captain. he also signed my goalkeepers gloves when i had the pleasure of meeting the spain squad back in 2005 and seemed a pretty decent chap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here