Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Thread Full of Photos/Videos/Memories From THAT Hereford Game

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Well, as its Friday and the first time we get to soccer those Hereford dins since that game.

Lets have it.............

RobbieReinelt.jpg

[yt]Sy7vKjEQK48[/yt]

I was FIFTEEN and in the upper tier of the side stand to everyones left who were in the stand behind the goal, :ascarf::ascarf:

jrmeag1

Sep 22, 2008
There was a bloke who was driving everyone mad on the terraces, he ran on the pitch at the end and got them, think his name was Toughman.

bosnian

Jul 31, 2003
I couldnt believe it on the day. Of all the poeple to get the boots!
Hereford terracing has an area which is completly flat and the bloke who got the boots was in fancy dress and kept climbing the railings which prevented most people from seeing the goal area.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I was in that terrace he wasnt that bad, look at the size of the pitch to view onto dont say he took up all the view, think he had a blue shirt on not fancy dress though

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I couldnt believe it on the day. Of all the poeple to get the boots!
Hereford terracing has an area which is completly flat and the bloke who got the boots was in fancy dress and kept climbing the railings which prevented most people from seeing the goal area.

I remember him. A mate of mine took it upon himself to try and help him down quickly - by jumping up and grabbing his leg.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
yeah i remember that he didnt get him down though if i remember

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The whole "bloke on the railing" thing was quite amazing.

OK, fair enough, he spotted a good vantage point and thought he'd give it a go. However as soon as it became apparent that he was pissing off hundreds of fellow fans as he was obstructing the view, you think he'd just jump down again. Not this fella, as many will remember I'm sure, his way of dealing with it was basically (and possibly literally) to tell everyone else to "f*** off" and stay right where he was.

To be honest, it's amazing he didn't get lynched.

(Agreed - no fancy dress - he was normally attired)

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Good Memory Bozza, I guess we all have to get the best vantage point we can. Were all guilty of getting in someones way Im sure at a football match, I remember Highbury in the Semi Final if you were not ON the fence you didnt see the game

thats how we should be at every away game - bring back terraces!

Terraces? My recollection of Edgar Street is that I was stuck in what felt more like a hole in the ground behind the goal. It was almost impossible to see anything - apart from the bloke on the railing.

Not that this was a game that merited attention to the finer points of football skills.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Terraces? My recollection of Edgar Street is that I was stuck in what felt more like a hole in the ground behind the goal. It was almost impossible to see anything - apart from the bloke on the railing.

Not that this was a game that merited attention to the finer points of football skills.

yeah BUT you still got to stand and you still get to "mosh pit" when anything exciting happens.

i'm 6'2 which helps to see stuff but i just like the terrace feeling!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here