Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of people enjoying the Manure decline

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blimey, I agree with Bushy. Clubs that rely on the hardcore fans are screwed. If we're only pulling in 6,000 fans at Falmer, we'll be screwed too. Not everyone can be a superfan, circumstances change. I used to go every home game and most away games when I was single; when I met Mrs G, that dropped to every home game and some away games; when I had kids that dropped to some home games - does that make me a fair weather fan?

And to be fair, I think Man City had rather few fair weather fans than most - they were still pulling in 30,000 in the 3rd division a few years back.

As for Man U, I can't gloat enough. I hope their financial problems mount, they're forced to sell the ground and drop down the league with Rio Ferdinand reduced to giving hand-jobs down Canal Street.
Whilst bushy is most definitely right, he only get arsey because his team (Chelsea) have rather more floating fans that most. And I'm not looking for a binfest here, but that is the truth of the matter. And Albion have never been much better. 30,000 in the good times, 9,000 when things were looking gloomy.

As for City, you have to say they are amongst the most loyal of supporters. In the dark days of the late 80s when gates were rubbish everywhere, City were still pulling in 20,000 for unattractive midweek matches. They were a club yo-yoing between the top two division like Newcastle and Chelsea, yet their gates didn't vary hugely between attractive and unattractive matches. Newcastle would get about 16,000 for dull games and 30,000 for the bigger ones. Chelsea's upper and lower limits were even further apart.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I agree that he's thick as shit, but at least he's trying, i dont particularly like him either, but think he should be cut some slack on this.

Yeah he's trying. But I'm not being funny, you deserve everything you get if you're that hypocritical that you can try and put across this 'street angel' image and still indulge in the gangster rap bollocks that pervades this sort of behaviuor in the first place.

It's a bit like Prince Charles promoting an animal rights charity and then going out and blowing the shit out of a load of foxes and deer.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Watching last night I came to the conclusion that the only one of the big four I want to see succeed at any level is Arsenal, they at least seem to be 'doing it right'. Watching all those Citeh fans with those flags (probably given out free) reminded me of when Chelsea did the same thing last season. These clubs are losing their soul VERY quickly. The sooner they all f*** off to some kind of shit super league with all the other debt ridden 'super clubs' and leave the rest of us to is the better.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Everyone was saying United were in decline 4 or 5 years ago when Abramovich first arrived on the scene and the Glazers waded in. They've done alright since then, haven't they?

Having said that, the financial situation for them now doesn't look good. We can but hope...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Whilst bushy is most definitely right, he only get arsey because his team (Chelsea) have rather more floating fans that most. And I'm not looking for a binfest here, but that is the truth of the matter. And Albion have never been much better. 30,000 in the good times, 9,000 when things were looking gloomy.

As for City, you have to say they are amongst the most loyal of supporters. In the dark days of the late 80s when gates were rubbish everywhere, City were still pulling in 20,000 for unattractive midweek matches. They were a club yo-yoing between the top two division like Newcastle and Chelsea, yet their gates didn't vary hugely between attractive and unattractive matches. Newcastle would get about 16,000 for dull games and 30,000 for the bigger ones. Chelsea's upper and lower limits were even further apart.
No, agree with you there , i just get arsey with blanket descriptions of ALL chelsea fans as plastics, and you using freakishly low attendances to paint a picture as worse than it really was.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeah he's trying. But I'm not being funny, you deserve everything you get if you're that hypocritical that you can try and put across this 'street angel' image and still indulge in the gangster rap bollocks that pervades this sort of behaviuor in the first place.

It's a bit like Prince Charles promoting an animal rights charity and then going out and blowing the shit out of a load of foxes and deer.
i dont think he's being deliberately hypopcrital, i think its that he is genuinely too thick to appreciate what he is doing, i saw him interviewed once , and it was frightening how dim he really is.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It surely is a fabulous decline and one that I am thoroughly enjoying. Let's hope they sell Rooney , cos I do so think he is fab.
Rooney sitting infront of the Barcelona or Arsenal midfield would be an absolute dream wouldn't it.

As for the rest of the Manure....ha ha ha ha ...into administration next 12 months

TNBA

TTF

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I would LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT if United end this season with NOTHING, lose Rooney and seriously start to struggle thereafter.

Entirely sick of them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Im SOOOOO worried about the mountain of debt they have !:lolol:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I would LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT if United end this season with NOTHING, lose Rooney and seriously start to struggle thereafter.

Entirely sick of them

Would like to see Rooney in Spain, just to see if he could adapt.

I just hope we can aspire to their level of failure - 1 point behind the top position in the league with much of the season (and the opposition above them) still to play, +30 goal difference, huge ground capacity and regularly brimming, in multiple top cup competitions, merchandise selling Worldwide etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here