Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of helpful holiday tips

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Two vital tips for travellers:

1. Scan in the id/photo page of your passport and email it to yourself. Then wherever you are in the world and your passport gets nicked, you got the details to get an emergency passport :thumbsup:

:

I take 2 photo copies of mine and leave 1 at home and put 1 in the inside of the case.
I was advised of this by an Embassy staff member in Madrid after I had my passport stolen bya pickpocket as I was going to watch Real Madrid. It caused me immense time wasting getting a permit to fly home from Spain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ecuador

- Don't buy Sandia (Watermelon) on the beach as they tend to soak them in dodgy water to retain an aura of freshness. This can lead to severe water poisoning, as I found out.

- Always carry ID with you as failure to produce identification will lead to your arrest and incarceration for 5 hours or so, as I found out.

Australia

- Never stray from the cycling trip group as it is quite easy to get lost in the bush and disappear for 6 hours until found by a park ranger, as I found out.

Get top notch travel insurance, if you're going away with Barrel.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
2. Under no circumstances go on holiday to Malta :thumbsup:

This is a top tip. I might have capitalised the NO.

I think that over the last couple of weeks we NSCers have added "On no account go to Philadelphia" to the list.

In Ibiza beware of pickpockets. One has relieved me of my iPhone this week. Got to say I was very impressed, first time I have been pickpocketed, didn´t feel a thing. Class act.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When in the U.A.E. don't have sex on a beach (the act not the cocktail).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't eat puffin in Iceland, whatever the desire to try the local delicacy. It tastes like shite, costs an arm and a leg, and they probably look better sitting on a rock all cute than on your plate.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Time for a Viz top tip...

Girls. Too old to go on an 18 to 30 holiday? Simply get pissed, lie in a sand pit in your garden, and shag every bloke who looks at you over the fence.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when abroad, at least try to learn one word in the local lingo....be it please or thankyou.

Dont wear 3/4 length trousers and bright white trainers, dont wear a football shirt and dont assume as you come from England everyone likes you...they dont!

Oh and stay away from nice quiet areas like Tuscany and The Italian Lakes

:)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You are allowed to take beach towels on holiday without Union Jack/St Georges cross emblazend on them. Said towels also dry without having to be hung over balcony.

Plain Cotton T Shirts are much better worn in hot countries than football shirts.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
once the plane has touched down, immediately stand up and grab your handluggage. This will make sure you get off the plane no quicker than anyone else

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here