Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of banning offences

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You know how it is when you go to the pub or a party and you get lumbered with some boring obnoxious fart (BOF) to talk to.

Under those circumstances its easy to make excuses and leave.

On here its different. So what happens?

Firstly other posters try to engage the BOF in conversation hoping for a reasoned rational response.

Failing this, other posters then trade banter with the BOF hoping they are intelligent enough to sense they are not flavour of the month.

When the BOF is too thick to see he is obviously getting up peoples noses the last resort seems to be the insult.

Its mostly not malicious but going back to the pub analogy, it is hoped the BOF will walk away, have a think why he has become 'Billy No Mates' and come back with a better more friendly attitude. Its happened to a number of posters in the past and for many its part of the growing up process.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Surely there's a difference between invited abuse and unwarranted abuse?

Hannibals right as well.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have had considerable run ins with both Hitony and Hiney I just steer clear of them now !! Which is a shame as Ian is a really nice bloke, as I am sure Hitony is!!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
To be fair he does have a point ! WW does seem to get more than his fair share of abuse, quite often well justified but some posters do seem to think they have a right to have a go at him.
I do agree though that we should all abide by the exact same rules and I think the mods should enforce those rules fairly !
But..........WW you do ask for the abuse quite often with your moaning, so why don't you try to be a little more positive in your posts and I believe a lot of the abuse would stop.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair he does have a point ! WW does seem to get more than his fair share of abuse, quite often well justified but some posters do seem to think they have a right to have a go at him.
I do agree though that we should all abide by the exact same rules and I think the mods should enforce those rules fairly !
But..........WW you do ask for the abuse quite often with your moaning, so why don't you try to be a little more positive in your posts and I believe a lot of the abuse would stop.

The problem is he seems to adore the vitriol he gets, and nothing people do or say seems to deflect him from his self destructive posting style.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Almost. I'd say its One rule for the complete bell cheeses and knobbers. One for the rest of us half sensible people. Which is fair enough.

I agree with this to a point but there are a certain few who just jump on anything WW says and respond with abuse. If he bothers you that much just put him on ignore or don't read the thread. Its got to the point that when I see a WW thread I can predict a couple of the usual posters will have already posted a load of abuse. Pathetic really.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No suprise to seed my new chum bhaexpress appear on this thread as soon as it got posted. I imagine he has missed having nobody to pick on for the last week. He might be advised to look up paranoia in the dictionary too. Although you'll have to spell it right first. Being called lots of names isn't being paranoid. Ha, i don't imagine any of these saddo's will be banned either.

I'm not having a go and I can quite understand why you are trying to stir up more controversy (it is after all a large part of the reason for you getting banned) but if you are not happy with the way this site runs and is moderated why not just go elsewhere? It really is that simple.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I agree with this to a point but there are a certain few who just jump on anything WW says and respond with abuse. If he bothers you that much just put him on ignore or don't read the thread. Its got to the point that when I see a WW thread I can predict a couple of the usual posters will have already posted a load of abuse. Pathetic really.

As pathetic as insinuating our new striker can't read?

As pathetic as implying that our chairman and chief executive lied about the Falmer funding?

He deserves everything he gets IMHO

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
are you trying to prove those comments right or something? who goes through a mesage board finding all the incidents they where insulted?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There are only about 2 or 3 people who abuse him regularly though aren't there? And maybe some of them should know better. (I count myself as someone who has never abused him but only because he simply doesn't irritate me)

The thing is, WW irritates too many people, so perhaps he gets what he deserves. I dunno, but perhaps the mods should step back from making grandiose policies that they can't or won't fully enforce. That way, this sort of attention seeking-thread would never have started.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Maybe it's because all you do is post a load of rubbish??

Is it not apparent by the large number of people telling you in no uncertain terms what they think of you that you might want to consider before posting yet another thread stating your how much you hate a player?

People don't like what you write.. and you revel in it and invite responses.. simple as that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Apparently insults are no longer allowed on NSC, and anyone who does so will be banned.

So here's an opporutunity to name and shame those who get away with it.

A collection of those that I've found so far...

Seems like one rule for one, one rule for another to me.

What a joke this board, and (some) of its moderators has become.
:nono: :nono:

That is definitely the funniest post I've seen on here for a while.

Thanks for the grin fella. Your insult collection is something you must cherish.

well jealous me.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Ah he's been banned? Wondered why he wasn't on the recent Kuipers binfests. You've missed out on more abuse WW.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Apparently insults are no longer allowed on NSC, and anyone who does so will be banned.

Seems like one rule for one, one rule for another to me.

Are you f***ing for real?

get a life mate, i thought it has been nice and peaceful around here recently didnt realise your little "ban" was finished.

The reason you get these insults (which you seem to have very wierdly collected and prioritised) is becuase you wind people up and never stop moaning - like a wife 45 years into a marriage.

How about you just coming back on here and going about yourself with some self respect? ***no chance***

I dont seem to remember anyone being FORCED to stay on this board??

Last edited:

I dunno, but perhaps the mods should step back from making grandiose policies that they can't or won't fully enforce.
People need to remember that the mods don't read every post that appears on NSC. A good proportion of "insults" just pass us by. Anyone who expects "full enforcement" of "grandiose policies" is going to be disappointed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No suprise to seed my new chum bhaexpress appear on this thread as soon as it got posted. I imagine he has missed having nobody to pick on for the last week. He might be advised to look up paranoia in the dictionary too. Although you'll have to spell it right first. Being called lots of names isn't being paranoid. Ha, i don't imagine any of these saddo's will be banned either.

Thank you for the name check. I'm a bit surprised at being singled out by you but having said that, being insulted by you is like a compliment from anybody else. It's just a shame I haven't resorted to the same level of abuse as some here although you are fully deserving of same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here