Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of banning offences

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
People need to remember that the mods don't read every post that appears on NSC. A good proportion of "insults" just pass us by. Anyone who expects "full enforcement" of a "grandiose policy" is going to be disappointed.
I completely accept and understand that Ed - so instead of "personal abuse won't be tolerated", maybe the policy should read "please report abusive posts. In extreme cases moderators will ban those responsible"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is quite a simple deal on NSC. If you really don't like how it is run - become a mod - go to another board, or start your own.

But try and leave behind the "look at me" posts.

I completely accept and understand that Ed - so instead of "personal abuse won't be tolerated", maybe the policy should read "please report abusive posts. In extreme cases moderators will ban those responsible"

We would still get criticised for "inconsistency" ...

"His insult was more extreme than mine. But you banned me, not him".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

But who really cares on that wording. Fine change it. I don't think it will make an ounce of difference to posters who get a kick of seeing what they can get away with.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just to remind people of the rules

1. No racism
2. Don't be a cock
3. If you don't like something, report it and we'll take a look

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We would still get criticised for "inconsistency" ...

"His insult was more extreme than mine. But you banned me, not him".
Yep, that is a good point, although there already is *loads* of inconsistency from the mods especially on the issue of thread removal. I just think it would be better if mods were allowed to ban who they felt needed to be banned. I'm sure they themselves could be held to account for their decisions by God almighty BOZZA if need be.

But who really cares on that wording. Fine change it. I don't think it will make an ounce of difference to posters who get a kick of seeing what they can get away with.
Probably true too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Y I just think it would be better if mods were allowed to ban who they felt needed to be banned. I'm sure they themselves could be held to account for their decisions by God almighty BOZZA if need be.

I think we are actually, at least THREE mods have been banned themselves, including GOD

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
The amount of grief WW gets is a joke. It's his opponion and he just doesnt wear rose tinted glasses like most of the dicks who give him stick :rant:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You left me out.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There are only about 2 or 3 people who abuse him regularly though aren't there? And maybe some of them should know better. (I count myself as someone who has never abused him but only because he simply doesn't irritate me)

The thing is, WW irritates too many people, so perhaps he gets what he deserves. I dunno, but perhaps the mods should step back from making grandiose policies that they can't or won't fully enforce. That way, this sort of attention seeking-thread would never have started.

There are only 2 or 3 regular ones granted, but a lot of threads do turn into just abuse. It's annoying really at times because WW does make sone good points (hidden behind the ott sensationalism/negative spin granted) and what could be a good thread turns into an 8 page slanging match.

I agree that at times WW does get what he deserves but some people maybe just need to learn to ignore him if he gets them that worked up.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Dear Withdean Wanderer,

We joined this version of NSC at about the same time. I have never been insulted by anyone here. I notice that you have made about 30 times more posts than me. I'm not sure whether that is significant, but it does bring to mind that old tale about hot kitchens.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here