Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for LAGER drinkers

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
if it's Japanese you are after then try these two, sublime stuff.....

Attachments

• suntory.jpg
    suntory.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Yebisu_Large.jpg
    Yebisu_Large.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 132

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Presidente from the Dominican Republic is nice! Got me through a messy 10 day "work" trip out there earlier this year.

Found it again when I was in Miami in June, they seemed to love it in Miami but again, was about 75p a bottle in the Dominican and about £3.75 a bottle in Miami

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm a bitter drinker... but when in Rome.. these 2 have fond memories...

Attachments

• windhoek.jpg
    windhoek.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Germany-Bitburger.jpg
    Germany-Bitburger.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Area of Prague I live in (Zizkov) doesnt really see much beer other than Czech beer. My girls bar sells Budweiser but I prefer Gambrinus if its available..
Either way, its a lot bloody cheaper than it is there haha....
Some bar around the area was selling it at 1kc for a promotion last weekend... 28kc to a pound....!!
Supermarket has beers starting at 7kc....

Really is cheaper than water here.

Attachments

• is.jpg
    is.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
if i must buy supermarket beer, hobgoblin or tangle foot for me. what? lager? isn't that a bit...

442-9430-a-523px-Glasgow_youths_4_06.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Zagorka-bottle.gif

staropramen.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
SleemanSilver.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Area of Prague I live in (Zizkov) doesnt really see much beer other than Czech beer. My girls bar sells Budweiser but I prefer Gambrinus if its available..
Either way, its a lot bloody cheaper than it is there haha....
Some bar around the area was selling it at 1kc for a promotion last weekend... 28kc to a pound....!!
Supermarket has beers starting at 7kc....

Really is cheaper than water here.

Thats where I lived for the three months I was there. Do they still have the faceless babies on that radio mast?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I've got to get a plug in for an Austrian beer - can't seem to remember seeing any Austrian beers back home (except maybe for Edelweiss). Austrians are Europe's 2nd biggest consumers of beer per head of population :clap:

This little beauty is my local.

Otherwise, some of the Czech beers mentioned earlier are quite splendid - Budvar, Staropramen etc.

Attachments

• freistaedterbeer.jpg
    freistaedterbeer.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 73

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thats where I lived for the three months I was there. Do they still have the faceless babies on that radio mast?

Yep... another David Cerny moment apparently...he of the pink T-34 tank
fame.
Council voted against his sculpture of a man masturbating on the roof
of the National Theatre though... haha true...

My local is Shotgun, just down from the Akropolis if you know it and live next to Zizkov Victoria football stadium.. id rather have Withdean than that hole. Cant believe Glasgow Rangers played there in a euro match.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I've got to get a plug in for an Austrian beer - can't seem to remember seeing any Austrian beers back home (except maybe for Edelweiss). Austrians are Europe's 2nd biggest consumers of beer per head of population :clap:

This little beauty is my local.

Otherwise, some of the Czech beers mentioned earlier are quite splendid - Budvar, Staropramen etc.

Czech Republic, home of pilsner beers actually has the highest Marijuana consumption in Europe....

What a country, stunning women, grass, and dirt cheap beer...:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
B1565043-20080410154457.jpg

Grew rather partial to this when I was on my holibobs in Gran Canaria a few years back.
They even had a VENDING MACHINE on our floor in the hotel that would dispense the stuff (in cans though, of course. Bottled would be ludicrous).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
quite like the dark beers here in cz as well, although I keep forgetting to order them..Kozel tastes like mild you used to be able to get in England...not sure if ive seen it last couple of times ive been back there..

Attachments

• 882317027_c2bd9a98d0.jpg
    882317027_c2bd9a98d0.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Area of Prague I live in (Zizkov) doesnt really see much beer other than Czech beer. My girls bar sells Budweiser but I prefer Gambrinus if its available.

Wow! Gambrinus! That brings back memories. Czech beer of choice for many a year but not seen it round these BN1 parts for yonks. Did they stop exporting it or something? Staro's good but Gambrinus is a class apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here