Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for LAGER drinkers

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We have enough threads for weard beard Real Ale types, who eulogise endlessly about how landlords keep their casks and how often they clean their pipes. And stuff like that.

So this is a thread for us much maligned LAGER drinkers, who really don't care, so long as its COLD and FIZZY.

So, what's your preferred Amber Nectar?

For me, Stella Artois. Jizz from the Gods, and no mistake.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
It's got to be Becks. Brewed in Bremen - where they feed it to the children instead of milk.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Pore mwah...

images

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pore mwah...

images

Is the right answer. I am generally an ale man but will make an exception for this amber nectar. Also Pilsener Urquell from the same fair country is an absolute delight.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Both lager and ale are a waste of time when you've got Guinness or Murphys, but if it had to be lager then Asahi, Grolsch or the Asian one that isn't Kingfisher would be good shouts.

Spun Cuppa

Is the right answer. I am generally an ale man but will make an exception for this amber nectar. Also Pilsener Urquell from the same fair country is an absolute delight.

I remember getting slaughtered in that basement club by the Charles Bridge in Prague on PU...

Also a drunken row (with oars!) in a little boat on a sunkissed river Vlata...

Happy days :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously I like a German brew. Fitzherberts does Bitburger pilner and The Royal Sov does Franziskana hefeweiss.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't know why, but I still favour a Holsten Pils given the choice. I remember goin' ape for Kronenbourg 1664 when it first became popular over here (early 80's?), but they must've changed the recipe or something - as it bears no resemblance to the current stuff. I was also into Lowenbrau until a few years ago, but that seems to have disappeared without trace here too. So much for progress.. :(

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I remember getting slaughtered in that basement club by the Charles Bridge in Prague on PU...

Also a drunken row (with oars!) in a little boat on a sunkissed river Vlata...

Happy days :lol:

That club is well dodgy, although I spent most my time in Prague hanging out in this bar where you could buy weed off the barman and smoke it in there. It was a bit scary at first, you could only get in if you knocked on the door first, then they would look through the window to work out whether you were police or not.

Another place I went to semi regular was near the parliament you would end up having a beer with the president and not even know it. Marvellous scenes!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Obviously I like a German brew. Fitzherberts does Bitburger pilner and The Royal Sov does Franziskana hefeweiss.

Another good call, those german wheat beers are all excellent. It would appear that the only good beers that aren't ale are foreign. The reason Kronenbourg, as mentioned by TT, is no good now is because it is made in the same brewery as about eight other shit lagers in this country. Can't remember where now but it is a Courage (brew) along with San Miguel and Fosters which are also 'foreign'

Spun Cuppa

I don't know why, but I still favour a Holsten Pils given the choice. I remember goin' ape for Kronenbourg 1664 when it first became popular over here (early 80's?), but they must've changed the recipe or something - as it bears no resemblance to the current stuff. I was also into Lowenbrau until a few years ago, but that seems to have disappeared without trace here too. So much for progress.. :(

You may have answered a question for me there, as I tried Kronenberg 1664 a few years ago and couldn't stand the taste of it, and wondered what all the fuss was about...:thumbsup:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I'm old, I still love Carling Black Label!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here