Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thought on Jake Robinson

olster

Dec 3, 2005
jake is a good, player but he can mess up a bit, when you least want him to.but he can also be great at times.but when you think back to the palace game jakey really showed up for me,but every one did really,anyway i think jakey is classy man!
:smokin: :D :albion: :D :smokin:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Jake consistently makes more scoring chances than any other striker we've got, including Leon. OK, so he misses them at the moment but that will improve with confidence.

He's the only front man who looks for the ball in scoring positions instaed of wanting it with his back to goal. So, playing off the last defender's shoulder, he's bound to get caught offisde more often than the others.

Give him time .. it's his first proper season for goodness sake.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
FFS, so Jake has a few bad games in his first season as a first team contender and suddenly he's not good enough for this level. Thank f*** you lot aren't in charge of our youth policy, otherwise you'd have a conveyer belt out of the club for players who hit 19 and aren't the finished article like Michael Owen or Wayne Rooney were at that age.

I think you'll find that prodigies are a rarity, most players have to work at their game, get experience, learn from others etc. Most players do not reach their peak until they are 25-29. Do people expect that we'll miraculously create young, great players out of nowhere?

I can't for the life of me get why people are having such a go at Jake Robinson. I guess you either want to him to be consistently brilliant NOW or for him to just give up and go and play for Orient.
Ludicrous.

Stumpy Tim

I agree with trueblue. From what I've seen of Jake (not much live, but some) he is the kind of player who plays off the shoulder of the last man. He also has a lot of talent & will score goals. I disagree that it will be4 or 5 years. If MM perseveres with him he will start scoring this season. I predict he'll end up top scorer for us this season - though probably only around 10 goals. Look for that to go up next season.

This time last year people were saying he was our saviour, now he's not good enough. He wasn't our saviour then & isn't our saviour now. But he's good enough for this level and will get better

And if people say that he bottled that challenge against Watford (assuming it was the one on Seagulls World) then you're mental. His pace somehow got him there, but the keeper was favourite, and he still got his foot in

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Auditor said:
:thumbsup:

Auditor agrees with Kinky second time in a month shock.....and goes for a lie down:ohmy:

JR works hard but thats it ....bottles out of too many tackles

agreed...offload him.

and while we are at it, Frutos seemly had a poor game...send him back..CKR is not really cutting it...he can go...

FFS will you lot get off jakey's back. He is young and its not his fault he is having to start because Jocko thinks he should. If MM had not taken a punt on some Argie, he now says in the Argus was not the player he though he was, and have looked nearer home, then jakey would not be having to carry the attack in a side that cant score goals.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
agreed...offload him.

and while we are at it, Frutos seemly had a poor game...send him back..CKR is not really cutting it...he can go...

FFS will you lot get off jakey's back. He is young and its not his fault he is having to start because Jocko thinks he should. If MM had not taken a punt on some Argie, he now says in the Argus was not the player he though he was, and have looked nearer home, then jakey would not be having to carry the attack in a side that cant score goals.

What player did he think he was then or was the promotional video just well edited?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
DJ Leon said:
FFS, so Jake has a few bad games in his first season as a first team contender and suddenly he's not good enough for this level.

The point is, he doesn't seem good enough NOW ... doubtless, he has potential, but for the moment, he's not ready. A spell on loan to a league club would probably be a good idea.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
i really like jake. i think he is better as a substitute, but he certainly causes problems when he plays, just a shame the stats don't show that. i think people get a bit carried away with his poor away form. at home, i reckon he is quite effective

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
:bowdown: Jakey your a Ledge:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here