Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thought on Jake Robinson

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
After another half decent performance on Saturday I came away thinking that maybe JR has been 'underated' this season. I know he has had a few poor games but it seems very apparent that when he starts and then is subsituted we fall away from the game....this could be co-indcedence due to fitness levels but it could also be that JR runs the front line effectively and doesn't allow teams to play from the back....

Any thoughts?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I haven't seen that many games this season, but from what I've seen he's undoubtedly talented, but he seems to lack confidence in front of goal, which is worrying for a striker. There have been one or two quite shocking examples of this. If one or two go in and his confidence returns then he will start winning games for us I think.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I really think i am missing a trick with Robinson.

I see a player who cant finish, has got a poor touch and gets tackled everytime.
I know he is young but in all honesty he isnt that young anymore.
I dont understand why the people that rate Robinson dont rate Mcphee, when Mcphee is a better player leas he can do something well when holding the ball up.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Rusthall Seagull said:
After another half decent performance on Saturday I came away thinking that maybe JR has been 'underated' this season. I know he has had a few poor games but it seems very apparent that when he starts and then is subsituted we fall away from the game....this could be co-indcedence due to fitness levels but it could also be that JR runs the front line effectively and doesn't allow teams to play from the back....

Any thoughts?

McPhee did that as well on Saturday.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rusthall Seagull said:

Any thoughts?

Maybe I'M missing a trick here!!??!!

Robinson was abysmal on saturday...kept getting caught offside, missed a couple of chances again and looked lightweight

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Not aggressive enough. Did not go the the Watford game but according to the report he had a one on one with the keeper and shirked out.....he also did that twice in the game against Palace when there was a scoring opportunity !!

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
Robinson didn't hound or hustle the defenders enough on Saturday - yes he's young and needs encouragement, but moreso we need goals and points.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
KinkyGoebels said:
I really think i am missing a trick with Robinson.

I see a player who cant finish, has got a poor touch and gets tackled everytime.
I know he is young but in all honesty he isnt that young anymore.
I dont understand why the people that rate Robinson dont rate Mcphee, when Mcphee is a better player leas he can do something well when holding the ball up.

:thumbsup:

Auditor agrees with Kinky second time in a month shock.....and goes for a lie down:ohmy:

JR works hard but thats it ....bottles out of too many tackles

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Auditor said:
:thumbsup:

Auditor agrees with Kinky second time in a month shock.....and goes for a lie down:ohmy:

JR works hard but thats it ....bottles out of too many tackles

I mean he is the best player ever to wear a brighton shirt.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is anybody else pissed off with the excuse "he's only young" as if he's 14.

He is 19, Micheal Owen was 19 when he scored "that" goal against the Argies in the world cup, yet many people seem to think he will grow up to be another Michael Owen. He is currently the same weight and just an inch shorter.

"only young" is starting to wear a bit thin now

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Hes obviously one for the future as in the warm up he looks very calm in front of goal, its just a shame that it doesnt come across during a match, looks to have an excellent touch too.

The one problem which MUST be sorted out soon is his consistent offsides, how many times do we play a good throughball only for the flag to go up. He has too much pace to worry about the odd yard and surely a ex striker like McGhee can work with him to at least try and watch the last defender!! Its incredibly frustrating!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Re: Re: A thought on Jake Robinson

dwayne said:
Maybe I'M missing a trick here!!??!!

Robinson was abysmal on saturday...kept getting caught offside, missed a couple of chances again and looked lightweight

Why was he abysmal? thought he played pretty well....hasseled defenders and gave them no time on the ball....hence why Watford din't play well at all in the 1st half....

As for shirking the one on one.....maybe you were watching a different game to me.....? he actually made it a 'one on one' by using his pace......

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Forget about El Turi, Big Mac, McPhee and any signing we make in January - if McGhee can get Jake taking the chances from the positions he gets himself in then that will be his greatest achievement - and that alone will keep us up. From what I've seen and heard he gets at least one or two good scoring opportunities per game. If he can take half of them then we'll have another 15 goals to play with from just one player.

However, at the moment it seems that the greatest problem is in Jake's head. He seems startled and just never looks like scoring when he gets into position.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
gazwag said:
Is anybody else pissed off with the excuse "he's only young" as if he's 14.

He is 19, Micheal Owen was 19 when he scored "that" goal against the Argies in the world cup, yet many people seem to think he will grow up to be another Michael Owen. He is currently the same weight and just an inch shorter.

"only young" is starting to wear a bit thin now

Cant disagree with that

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
KinkyGoebels said:
Am i?

Robinsons main trait seems to be run around like a headless chicken, i could do that!

and Chris McPhee's main trait is to use his chest.

Robinson has scored goals at youth team, reserve and Conference level and is currently trying to make a big step up and sporadically looks very good. (Leeds away, Palace away, Plymouth, cameo against Derby...)

McPhee scored a few in CC1 and looks totally unlikely to ever be any more than a conference player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here