Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sunday Kick About Please read and please join in!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hi, I am looking for a football team to join for the upcoming winter. Does anyone know where I can find information about teams in the area that are looking for more players?

Sorry don't do this for any other reason but to help but there is a forum called Nomad and it encompasses all different levels of non league football. It has joined many players to clubs over the years so you may find help there.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Would it be right to assumes most of us can't do anything before 6 on weeknights? And what about weekends? We could always have an hour of so on Saturday mornings about 12?

I would also suggest the level? Middle of city, Easy to get too and if we do go Saturday we could get the buses upto the Amex or do people want a cage kick about much like the cage on the Lewes road opposite the bus garage?

Or there is Hove lawns? What do people want to do?

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
I like the Hove Lawns idea. They offer a lot of space and would be a great place to start, plus they are very easy to find and not a very far walk to the train station. If we get enough people out we and consider moving to a pitch. After 6pm weeknights I think would be a given for most people, but also Sunday could be in the running. That way we wouldn't have to worry about going around the Brighton game.

Anyone else have some input or suggestions?

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Im also interested in this, just looking for a kick around/pitch invasion/a team for next season so I'd like to come along aswell. Sunday's sounds like the best day could start this Sunday if anyone's also up for it??? Would hove lawns not be a pain in the arse to get to though if towns busy? What about stanmer park with the Amex behind us :)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Depends how you want to get to the lawns?, Walking from town is fairly easy, as is the train station.

My thing with Stanmer Park is it takes me an hour on the buses to get there! Sundays I was planning on Rollerblading but I can switch that to Saturdays.

Just to get one thing sorted lets all suggest a place and who is in.

I'd go for Hove Lawns on Sunday's or The level on Sundays.

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
Stanmer Park is a bit out of the way and could pose the same problems for people trying to go through town to get there. Although I suppose it depends on where everyone is coming from. It wouldn't make sense to make the majority of people travel far for the sake of the few. Why don't we pick a place from different areas of Brighton and Hove and then anyone who is interested in coming out could pick their closest location. Majority picks?

Are we satisfied with making Sunday the day to play? Once the Sunday leagues end then we could have even more people free to come out.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Stanmer Park is a bit out of the way and could pose the same problems for people trying to go through town to get there. Although I suppose it depends on where everyone is coming from. It wouldn't make sense to make the majority of people travel far for the sake of the few. Why don't we pick a place from different areas of Brighton and Hove and then anyone who is interested in coming out could pick their closest location. Majority picks?

Are we satisfied with making Sunday the day to play? Once the Sunday leagues end then we could have even more people free to come out.

Yep Sunday sounds good, Let's think of a list of places.

Hove Lawns
Stanmer Park
The Level

As for parking, Hove lawns has a varirty of public car parks close by which for and hour or so are fairly reasonable, Stanmer Park is easy to park round there and The level would be a pay and display job unless you wanna park ten or so mins away.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Hove lawns is good, where's good for parking around there???

It's not free on the Seafront on Sundays is it?

George Street is free to park and is open/no barrier/I think no time limit on Sundays...

...and Tesco car park (whoooops...is that a fake PCN I see before me...no it's in the bin... ;)

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hi PC we are looking for good players for our five-a-side team that play at Stanley Deason on Monday nights. we are in need of a goal scorer as ours have f***ed off to Uni

Terry

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
I forgot it was Easter Sunday but I can do this Sunday as won't e doing anything anyway, so dont mind just need some decent numbers.
Also would anyone be up for pitch invasion of we can make an enquiry???

NSC Albion XI

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here