Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A site im thinking about

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Yesterday before i found out the stuff that triggered my collapse i started setting up a website purely for Brighton streams, i have seen a number of clubs with similar sites.

I kind of like the idea as we know that there will be streams there when available am also going to do highlights section etc....

Right now while where in the championship streams will be few and far between, but once we make the promise land will get a stream every game :clap2: which for me is great as i cant afford games.

Brighton TV this is the site, its easy to delete so if people feel its wrong it can go. Was just an idea after seeing other club sites.

I am seeing at as a little project also :bhasign:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Great stuff, it's always annoying searching around for a reliable stream.

I had a look there the other day when you mentioned it, Swansea game came on instantly, no ads, no delays or popups, and a very good stream.

Top notch stuff, will be especially helpful for the less technical peeps :thumbsup:

Cannot wait to be able to watch the games live regularly when we reach the Prem :)

Cheers for doing this :clap2:

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
I would find this handy too. Living in Spain a live stream is the closest i can get.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Yesterday before i found out the stuff that triggered my collapse i started setting up a website purely for Brighton streams, i have seen a number of clubs with similar sites.

I kind of like the idea as we know that there will be streams there when available am also going to do highlights section etc....

Right now while where in the championship streams will be few and far between, but once we make the promise land will get a stream every game :clap2: which for me is great as i cant afford games.

Brighton TV this is the site, its easy to delete so if people feel its wrong it can go. Was just an idea after seeing other club sites.

I am seeing at as a little project also :bhasign:

Falkor
Now and then i get a couple of complimentary tickets through work for the east stand that i give to family or friends, PM me if you`re interested

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
This would make a lot of Albion fans around the world (especially in the colder bits) very happy. Go for it, fella.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd investigate the legalities of all this, before you proceed, if I were you.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'd investigate the legalities of all this, before you proceed, if I were you.

I have to an extent the streams are hosted by 3rd parties and the disclaimer holds all responsibility with them, one of the sites i have seen has been running years, and never been closed. Il look into more.

Dec 29, 2011
Falkor, i'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Thinking of ideas is a great way to keep your mind busy if that's what you need. It hurts me to say it but I think this idea is illegal. If it gains any popularity it will get shut down pretty promptly by the relevant authorities. They'll issue a DMCA notice to the host (I assume webs.com) who will pull it immediately. The only option would be an off-shore dedicated server or VPN which would be costly. I've been through all these issues with other ventures i've tried on-line, and while they were cash cows in the short term I was threatened with legal action on a number of occasions.
Maybe think of ideas such as a private "members only" site that requires a log-on. You can give out personal usernames and passwords to NSC members via PM and keep it hush-hush, people are less likely to find out. The downside is you'll get no revenue. The other option is to upload highlights to Youtube a day or two after and link them externally. It won't get as much traffic but you will be able to use Google Adsense and the longevity of the site is better.

Dec 29, 2011
Falkor, it is certainly something you should look into. Good luck with it son.

I considered this in my response (above). It's something that should be thought about and maybe over-come with other ideas. If anyone can think of good ideas and overcome problems its the braintrust of NSC, he's come to the right place so lets help him out with relevant information.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Falkor, i'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Thinking of ideas is a great way to keep your mind busy if that's what you need. It hurts me to say it but I think this idea is illegal. If it gains any popularity it will get shut down pretty promptly by the relevant authorities. They'll issue a DMCA notice to the host (I assume webs.com) who will pull it immediately. The only option would be an off-shore dedicated server or VPN which would be costly. I've been through all these issues with other ventures i've tried on-line, and while they were cash cows in the short term I was threatened with legal action on a number of occasions.
Maybe think of ideas such as a private "members only" site that requires a log-on. You can give out personal usernames and passwords to NSC members via PM and keep it hush-hush, people are less likely to find out. The downside is you'll get no revenue. The other option is to upload highlights to Youtube a day or two after and link them externally. It won't get as much traffic but you will be able to use Google Adsense and the longevity of the site is better.

I dont want revenue wouldnt have a clue how to go about that anyway just was a idea to centralize things

Dec 29, 2011
I dont want revenue wouldnt have a clue how to go about that anyway just was a idea to centralize things
Sounds like a good idea then. How about a site that links to streams for matches (if one is available), gives highlights of previous matches and general videos (such as Brighton compilation) and maybe even a "secret" members area for NSC members that I mentioned earlier which isn't linked on the site, but people can access to stream directly from the site. I like brainstorming ideas, feel free to tell me to go away :wink:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm pleased to see that your thinking outside the box to give something to others. You are an inspirational guy that has my 100% admiration.

I cannot get to many games and I even miss out on radio commentary because I'm working out of reach... Any online streams that could be available to me would be fantastic.

Don't get into any trouble doing it though mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here