Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Sad farewell to 3 Heroes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would of thought Butters was worth another season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
think of a sucessful title winning team in Sussex

would have thought reid is good enough and would want to stay as a pro - would be a great signing for lewes though and would piss all over the conference if fit

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm sure if all of those three weren't going to get contracts the club would have said this by now to guarantee a sell-out tomorrow

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure why it is SAD...

None of the three have any been OUSTANDING.

If they had been they probably wouldn't of played for us for quite so long...

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I would like to say a sad farewell to 3 Brighton heroes who will be leaving the club and even possibly retiring from pro football tomorrow. They are of course Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart and Guy Butters. All 3 have been a credit to the club and i wish them all well for the future. :clap::clap::clap:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also being an AVERAGE left back, centre back or centre forward who hardy ever scores dosn't really qualify people for HERO status in my eyes...

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
What makes northstand chat so good is we can all express our opinions freely.

This maybe a wankish thread to start but just remind me on how many times players have retired or left a club without having the chance to say goodbye??

You may scorn and say the club have not decided their future but i belive my information is true.

What a wankish thread to start. Gary, Kerry and Guy all view this site, I bet they feel just great to read stuff like that from apparent "fans". Why don't you just wait and see what the club decide to do? Your opinion and thoughts will probably never be taken into consideration by the people who run the club and make such decisions.

Well done to those of you who have made considered comments about the possible futures of those 3 "Heros" of the club. I like you, will wait till the manager and the board make their decisions. Whether I like those decisions or not, they make them, and they will stand and fall by them.

I will take the hump if I don't like the decisions, but I won't start making comments of apparent fact about something I have no idea about.

Finally, I'm sure mssrs Hart, Mayo and Butters would probably like to bid you farewell too. :tosser:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
What makes northstand chat so good is we can all express our opinions freely.

This maybe a wankish thread to start but just remind me on how many times players have retired or left a club without having the chance to say goodbye??

You may scorn and say the club have not decided their future but i belive my information is true.

But the point is that it's a bit shit to come and post all this FACT bollocks when the players themselves haven't even had their meetings with the club yet.

Going back to the original thread, IF it marks the end of their Albion careers, they all deserve HUGE credit for their professionalism and service to this club.

For the keyboard addicts on here who know sweet FA about what is really involved in professional football, all 3 have been fantastic servants to our club and I wish them all well for the future if it is to be decided their playing days for BHA are at an end :bowdown::bowdown::drink::drink::drink:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire

Let me know then who has given you this insightful information so I can start planning his so called retirement a few days early :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I think we need Butters for another year, apart from his lack of pace of course.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Paul reid has got to be worth another contract. He was one of our best players before his bad injury. Useful utility player who can play in a few different positons. Assuming he has not got any longterm injury issues to let him go would be stupid.

Hart & Mayo I think would be hard to justify new contracts, Butters is worth keeping if we have not got better options for bringing in the 'experienced' centre half we need to bring Lynch and Elphick on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here