Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Sad farewell to 3 Heroes

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
I would like to say a sad farewell to 3 Brighton heroes who will be leaving the club and even possibly retiring from pro football tomorrow. They are of course Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart and Guy Butters. All 3 have been a credit to the club and i wish them all well for the future. :clap::clap::clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Likewise, OGH has been my favourite Albion player for the best part of a decade, always a true pro and never giving less than 110%...guess I will have to find a new favourite now!

All the best to the thee of them, thanks for the memories and good luck wherever life may take you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think at least one of those 3 will still have a playing contract next year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's hope it isnt Mayo.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think at least one of those 3 will still have a playing contract next year.

which one would that be?

the only one i can see who would be worth keeping out of that lot is mayo. we dont know if we are going to get richards in the summer, rents is obviously out of favour and will probably be gone, and to release mayo without any guarantees of another left back coming in will be as stupid a decision as releasing jones/watson was when we knew harding was going to go

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
which one would that be?

the only one i can see who would be worth keeping out of that lot is mayo. we dont know if we are going to get richards in the summer, rents is obviously out of favour and will probably be gone, and to release mayo without any guarantees of another left back coming in will be as stupid a decision as releasing jones/watson was when we knew harding was going to go

I can see the merits of keeping either Guy OR Kerry. Both are dependable and a squad needs balance. Either would add experience and strength to the squad when required.

Its not just about what happens on the pitch either - a squad of all kids is not a good idea.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
which one would that be?

I think Butters is worth another year in this league, especially with El-Abd's future undecided. Who are you going to get in as better back up?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
which one would that be?

Yep and if Richards is staying then I think it'll be be Guy who will be with us for next year certainly as cover for Elphick/Lynch as I think Hinsh days are numbered sadly due to injuries.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think Butters is worth another year in this league, especially with El-Abd's future undecided. Who are you going to get in as better back up?

i had forgotten about the el abd situation - pearson appears to be a very good prospect though, and it wouldnt suprise me to see him get a chance at some point next season

i guess it will all come down to wages, and how much we are prepared to pay a potentially fourth choice centre back

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What a wankish thread to start. Gary, Kerry and Guy all view this site, I bet they feel just great to read stuff like that from apparent "fans". Why don't you just wait and see what the club decide to do? Your opinion and thoughts will probably never be taken into consideration by the people who run the club and make such decisions.

Well done to those of you who have made considered comments about the possible futures of those 3 "Heros" of the club. I like you, will wait till the manager and the board make their decisions. Whether I like those decisions or not, they make them, and they will stand and fall by them.

I will take the hump if I don't like the decisions, but I won't start making comments of apparent fact about something I have no idea about.

Finally, I'm sure mssrs Hart, Mayo and Butters would probably like to bid you farewell too. :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here