Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A remarkable day for the Conservatives..

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've never really felt too inclined to spend a holiday on a cruise ship. Much more fun to be had on the unbeaten trail, but then I haven't cruised before, so perhaps I am missing out on something.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've never really felt too inclined to spend a holiday on a cruise ship. Much more fun to be had on the unbeaten trail, but then I haven't cruised before, so perhaps I am missing out on something.

dont knock it till you try it!

We have done the Ocean Village one and looking to do the eastern Med one this year........its not as expensive and full of old buggers as some people think ( unless you sail from Southhampton)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Where's that Tory boy prat, Buzzer?

A thread like this, you'd expect him to be on here crowing about the result, tosser.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
thatcher.jpg

SHE IS BACK!!!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not that i give a shit about London but i'm assuming the Baffoon will be the next Mayor:shrug:

Baffoon maybe but talks more than sense than Shameron

make the most of this it won't last long the country will wake up when they realise there is really no alternative.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are you off on tour with your mates and that piano?

No...unfortunately, my other mates are all visting Lesbos.

I take it you are visiting some nice areas in Kemp Town again?

actually did anyone see Jonathon Ross on friday...the gentleman who supposedly looks like me has just run the London marathon and lost 4 stone........finally putting the nail in the coffin that it is actually me.......I have difficulty running to the shops and its only two minutes away and I cant rememer the last time I lost weight :-(

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brown was infact one of the worst if not the worst chancellor this country has ever had and its only the spin that people have brought. He pillaged
£ 100 000 000 000 from your pension funds, he meant Stamp duty is 4 x what it would be for most people in this part of the country, the supposed propsperity was based on credit, it was based on virtualy equity in properties, it was based on a buy now pay later approach , he laso held office during the greatest global econmoic conditions ever known and inherited a very healthy economic position from the tories.

This Labour government has been the worst, most corrupt, wasteful government
this country has ever had the misfortune to elect , 3 times !. The true extent of their appaling running of the country will only be realised in decades to come.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In fact the soundbite I would use to best sum up the Labour government now is

" better call Ocean Finance "

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I don't think you are old enough to find 'cruising' attractive.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brown was infact one of the worst if not the worst chancellor this country has ever had and its only the spin that people have brought. He pillaged
£ 100 000 000 000 from your pension funds, he meant Stamp duty is 4 x what it would be for most people in this part of the country, the supposed propsperity was based on credit, it was based on virtualy equity in properties, it was based on a buy now pay later approach , he laso held office during the greatest global econmoic conditions ever known and inherited a very healthy economic position from the tories.

This Labour government has been the worst, most corrupt, wasteful government
this country has ever had the misfortune to elect , 3 times !. The true extent of their appaling running of the country will only be realised in decades to come.

You forgot to mention the gold! Don't forget all our lovely gold that he sold for a quarter of its value :nono:

And they had the cheek to talk about 'selling the family silver' when Mrs Thatcher (Gawd Bless 'er) 'privatised' our failing industries.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You forgot to mention the gold! Don't forget all our lovely gold that he sold for a quarter of its value :nono:

And they had the cheek to talk about 'selling the family silver' when Mrs Thatcher (Gawd Bless 'er) 'privatised' our failing industries.

and oil price going through the roof, therefore giving the treasury more income than it has ever had

For your Tories out there

"Early results from the (London ) election count suggest Conservative candidate Boris Johnson is ahead in the race to become the next mayor of London.

With 22% of votes counted in each of the 14 electoral areas - Mr Johnson has the lead in 9 while Labour's Ken Livingstone is ahead in five.

London Elects, which organises the elections, says it expects the results at 2030 BST, but that could change.

Turnout is estimated at 45% - up from 36.95% in 2004.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not that i give a shit about London but i'm assuming the Baffoon will be the next Mayor:shrug:

Why dont you care about London? Given it supplies central government with most of its money...and subsidises the rest of the nation, we should worry about who runs it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks like the boat we will all be boarding if Boris wins. Can it drop me off in Hamburg.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Where's that Tory boy prat, Buzzer?

A thread like this, you'd expect him to be on here crowing about the result, tosser.

I saw him at Brighton station this morning on his way to London...maybe he is helping count ballot papers?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Point taken about Brown being a bad chancellor.

However, he can't really be blamed for Americans defaulting on their mortgage payments can he? After all, that is how the 'credit crunch' began was it not?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
It seems that my fellow Albion supporters have some very strange ideas about the reality of the global economy in the twenty-first century. It matters little what the UK Chancellor of the Exchequer does one way or another for the economy as a whole, although specific decisions will undoubtedly benefit one group or another, or disadvantage one group or another.

Some of the points here are valid to an extent; eg, the meddling with pension funds was inadvisable, but put in the wider context, not particularly important. The problem with pension funding has been a failure of governments (and insurers come to that) to have an honest, open and informed debate about the implications of an aging population. Longevity has been increasing beyond everybody's expectations over the past decade or so. We have a population, the majority of whom expect a higher and higher living standard throughout their lives.Ipso facto, we will stumble from one pension crisis to another. Ditto, healthcare provision; aging population, higher expectations. How is it to be funded.

Economies increasingly float on a sea of debt. Debt is good; without debt there would be no economic growth. (Where would entrepreneurs get the money to start businesses if they didn't borrow in one form or another).

The world economy has changed. We have at least three major new players on the scene now - China, India, Brazil - whose economies can pick up an amount of any slack, if the US or W Europe goes into recession. The chances of all major economies being at exactly the same stage of the economic cycle at more or less the same time is relatively small.

My own view (as a lifelong Labour supporter and sometime party member) is that this Government has been disappointing. Not a disaster, but not a success, either. What reforms it has introduced it has done half-heartedly (eg constitutional reform). However, the alternative, if it is a Tory one, seems to me possibly the most scary prospect in my adult lifetime. Not because any Tory government will be more right wing than that of Margaret Thatcher's administration, but because they are a bunch of Old Etonian toffs. Now, Old Etonian Toffs have run the country before (as recently as 1963), but at least in those days they were both trained to run the country and expected to. I think Cameron and co will have such self-doubt about themselves and lack the experience of ordinary people that they will be a disaster. As for the the potential new Mayor of London - heaven help us. Unless he has minders with him 24/7 he will alienate so many people - in the UK and abroad, that the viability of London will be severely undermined.

Still,only the local elections; and how much power do local authorities have these days. Diddly-squit to be frank. That's why protest votes are so strong. Let's see what happens in 2009/2010 when people have to actually vote for a government.

God, how much more do I have to type to make this the longest ever post on NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here