Dubai

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A rallying cry!

bhafc99 said:

6! :clap2: :clap2:

Come on, get behind the team now, don't let LDC win, or we might not have a club to moan about in the next few years.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: A rallying cry!

Wanderer said:
So you and the other two would happily just pour your hard earned cash down the drain would you, I dont think so, but because of your rose tinted spectacles, you keep on blindly wanting to support the un-supportable.

It is not about wearing rose tinted spectacles. All I care about is watching Brighton play, whether that is playing badly at the foot of the football league or whether they are playing in the Premier League.

I am not saying that the club does not have it's faults, but I am going to continue to buy tickets and watch them play, just so that we can survive as a club. I moan about spending the money on tickets, as we don't get value for money when you look at other clubs prices, but if it helps the club survive then I will.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I commend the 6 of you, really I do, but at some point, we are going to have to put pressure on the board to sort this club out, otherwise, we wont have a League club to support at all

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
eveeryone was lovin it 2 games and 30 minutes into the season, now one result and no signings means everyone wants to find someone to blame....the boys are young and we have a very talented little squad which is just lacking a decent forward to help the other forward players......click !!!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

BarrelofFun said:
It is not about wearing rose tinted spectacles. All I care about is watching Brighton play, whether that is playing badly at the foot of the football league or whether they are playing in the Premier League.

I am not saying that the club does not have it's faults, but I am going to continue to buy tickets and watch them play, just so that we can survive as a club. I moan about spending the money on tickets, as we don't get value for money when you look at other clubs prices, but if it helps the club survive then I will.

Of course you should keep paying and watching, that is not my point, my point is that we should all be putting pressure on DK to get in a tactically aware manager and invest a small amount to stop the club to going down the pan. Just paying your money, and not making your feelings known is not going to help.

The time has come for DK to restructure the club, and stop poncing about

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
bellsize seagull said:
eveeryone was lovin it 2 games and 30 minutes into the season, now one result and no signings means everyone wants to find someone to blame....the boys are young and we have a very talented little squad which is just lacking a decent forward to help the other forward players......click !!!!

There is a lot more to it than that, and I think you know it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Rougvie said:
Its not obscene amounts, its a bit more than we are offering, its also about targeting the right sort of player, unfortunately we seem to find it very difficult to pick up the type of journeyman player that we so badly need to instill some dicipline to the way we play

We are not the bad situation that some other clubs are in, but investment in the playing side today is as good as investment in Falmer in 2 years time, without one there may not be the other.

Oh and I do agree with you about players not wanting to play for McGhee, thst just UTTER bollocks.

Obscene was probably the wrong word, but relatively when we are losing £20k a week and owe £11m or so it could be viewed as obscene. I don't know anything about the financial dealings, but it seems that we have had bids accepted but failed from thereon in.

I am just going to have to try and trust the board. Afterall, we have survived so far and had a few stints in the championship. Not many clubs can say that having rented for nearly ten years.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A rallying cry!

Al Bion said:
6! :clap2: :clap2:

Come on, get behind the team now, don't let LDC win, or we might not have a club to moan about in the next few years.

7!!!

Can I be Horst Bucholz - the one no one remembers in pub quizzes?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wanderer said:
I commend the 6 of you, really I do, but at some point, we are going to have to put pressure on the board to sort this club out, otherwise, we wont have a League club to support at all
No disrespect intended but the wide reality gap between our actual predicament and posts like that show people who write overdramatic nonsense like that have the sense of perspective of a mole.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Man of Harveys said:
No disrespect intended but the wide reality gap between our actual predicament and posts like that show people who write overdramatic nonsense like that have the sense of perspective of a mole.

I have my opinion, you have yours.

Maybe you should ask MP if you can see the accounts, you might change your mind then.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Wanderer said:
I have my opinion, you have yours.

Maybe you should ask MP if you can see the accounts, you might change your mind then.
If you're implying that we really can't afford to sign players, then we shouldn't be doing that and DK and MP have done the right thing.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Man of Harveys said:
If you're implying that we really can't afford to sign players, then we shouldn't be doing that and DK and MP have done the right thing.

Oh Ffs, take your head out of your backside and feel free to re-read this thread

Doh :dunce:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We're all DOOMED! :lolol: :shootself

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook

Wanderer said:
So you and the other two would happily just pour your hard earned cash down the drain would you, I dont think so, but because of your rose tinted spectacles, you keep on blindly wanting to support the un-supportable.

In the Business world, companies have to be accountable, and a Football Club, being a business, is no different. I am a Director of a Software Company, and if I was as poor as MM, I would expect to get sacked, and be replaced with someone who knew what they are doing because the company cannot afford people continually making mistakes. Sooner or later, even my most loyal customers will set me adrift if I continually fail to deliver.

People seem to forget that the Albion is a business, that we have debtors and creditors, there are margins to be met, and in a club, just like in Business, you have to make difficult decisions to move the company forward.

You make some sense here and I respect that. The one point I would return to you on is that whilst 'Albion' are a business its customers have a differing form of loyalty than in the majority of the business world. For example you would not support Palace because of this although you would shop at Tescos if Safeway pissed you off wouldn't you?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
We're all DOOMED! :lolol: :shootself

john162x114ep5.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Perry Milkins said:
You make some sense here and I respect that. The one point I would return to you on is that whilst 'Albion' are a business its customers have a differing form of loyalty than in the majority of the business world. For example you would not support Palace because of this although you would shop at Tescos if Safeway pissed you off wouldn't you?

Thank-you Perry, for once, a considered response.

I agree, there is a fundamental difference as you point out, however, you know how fickle the Sussex public are!

I will always pay money to watch Albion, but equally am not afraid to express my heartfelt views about the future of the club I love

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here