Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plead to NSC

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
f***ing right mate, there are too many on this board who act like the premiership big potatoes we have always distanced ourselves from. We have no god given right to make the playoffs this year, we have no god given right to be in the premiership anytime soon. What we do have is a club battling in the top half of the Championship with no parachute payments after going up the season before last. Demanding instant success is for numpties at the 'big clubs'. What we have is a good young manager a chairman who is taking care of things at the club without putting us in danger (again!) and a very very bright future ahead of us after a very very very dark recent past. They will make a few mistakes and they will need some patience from us supporters in order to build a team capable of challenging. I for one am happy to enjoy the ride and give the boys the support and time they need to build a team and a club capable of challenging at the next level.

The trouble with society today, noone is prepared to wait for or work for anything, they want instant gratification and instant success. Well life aint like that.

Top post

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
I remember as a kid leaving the North stand under a steel terrace pole and sliding down a small dirt track to get out, probably no one took any notice of me and my young friends laughing as we slide on our arses on our way out but we loved it. Jumping around in the North stand, running on mass to the front when we scored! I love my club as many do, the dark days were so bad if im honest i got on with my life, it hurt me too much as a young teenager and i felt helpless (this is what the forgotten generation felt like as some have questioned if there was such a thing, there was!). To watch my club get slowly destroyed, listening to Save our Seagulls on the radio, Des Lynam asking for money to save our club, it was dark!
I hate seeing our supporters questioning and under mining Gus and Tony, if you saw the glimmer off light under Liam and the awful games under Steve, we are blessed at the moment, don't let us go the way of other clubs, we are not like other clubs.
We are a community that backs itself and those who represent us, we always have and will be stronger together.
End of rant i feel better now!
In my 60,s now and i remember sliding down the same dirt track many times. Great post Doc.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Spot on. Not sure why people continue to feel the need to harp on about the past. Surely with the club in the state it is at the moment we should just be looking to the future.

We all know there are dimlows on this site some that won't have a bad word said against the club even when we've lost and played shit. Others that will moan even after a 5 nil win. Suggest if these posts offend you that it's probably best you don't come on here a couple of days after a game.

Totally agree. As a former member of BISA I can certainly remember the dark days. Fans expectations are higher these days, as are the entrance fees.

If as fans we don't demand progress then the club will stagnate. Lots of the former League one players contracts will expire at the end of the season and hopefully more funds will be released for Gus or whoever to get that still much needed quality into the squad. I'm sure Tony and the board are not going to build a 30,000 plus stadium and be content with languishing around mid table in the Championship. I would expect the minimum standard that is set is to be challenging for top 6 and then see where it gets us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here