Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plead to NSC

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Lovely evocative stuff. I just wish that more had stuck with us through the wilderness years rather than turning their backs and deciding that Withdean was too unglamorous for them. Glad to have all back now but it was as if the Goldstone faithful lost all interest until we had the Amex.

Good post.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh jeez, not another one of these "Look how far we've come!" threads.

My plea to NSC: Don't start any more of these "In 1972 we lost 3-0 at home to Gillingham in front of a crowd of 6000" threads. We all know the history, most of us lived it.
right, that's it, I'm going to put every negative poster on my ignore list. I come on nyc to enjoy myself, if you want to moan, do it to your dog/spouse.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
right, that's it, I'm going to put every negative poster on my ignore list. I come on nyc to enjoy myself, if you want to moan, do it to your dog/spouse.

Without wishing to sound negative [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] you could end up wasting the extra hour we have this weekend and probably some more on top doing such a thing.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oh jeez, not another one of these "Look how far we've come!" threads.

My plea to NSC: Don't start any more of these "In 1972 we lost 3-0 at home to Gillingham in front of a crowd of 6000" threads. We all know the history, most of us lived it.

Spot on. Not sure why people continue to feel the need to harp on about the past. Surely with the club in the state it is at the moment we should just be looking to the future.

We all know there are dimlows on this site some that won't have a bad word said against the club even when we've lost and played shit. Others that will moan even after a 5 nil win. Suggest if these posts offend you that it's probably best you don't come on here a couple of days after a game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I remember as a kid leaving the North stand under a steel terrace pole and sliding down a small dirt track to get out, probably no one took any notice of me and my young friends laughing as we slide on our arses on our way out but we loved it. Jumping around in the North stand, running on mass to the front when we scored! I love my club as many do, the dark days were so bad if im honest i got on with my life, it hurt me too much as a young teenager and i felt helpless (this is what the forgotten generation felt like as some have questioned if there was such a thing, there was!). To watch my club get slowly destroyed, listening to Save our Seagulls on the radio, Des Lynam asking for money to save our club, it was dark!
I hate seeing our supporters questioning and under mining Gus and Tony, if you saw the glimmer off light under Liam and the awful games under Steve, we are blessed at the moment, don't let us go the way of other clubs, we are not like other clubs.
We are a community that backs itself and those who represent us, we always have and will be stronger together.
End of rant i feel better now!

f***ing right mate, there are too many on this board who act like the premiership big potatoes we have always distanced ourselves from. We have no god given right to make the playoffs this year, we have no god given right to be in the premiership anytime soon. What we do have is a club battling in the top half of the Championship with no parachute payments after going up the season before last. Demanding instant success is for numpties at the 'big clubs'. What we have is a good young manager a chairman who is taking care of things at the club without putting us in danger (again!) and a very very bright future ahead of us after a very very very dark recent past. They will make a few mistakes and they will need some patience from us supporters in order to build a team capable of challenging. I for one am happy to enjoy the ride and give the boys the support and time they need to build a team and a club capable of challenging at the next level.

The trouble with society today, noone is prepared to wait for or work for anything, they want instant gratification and instant success. Well life aint like that.

BLOODY SPOT ON
great posts
we should remember where we came from

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry to disappoint you Arthur, but I don't see anyone getting offended but more and more over the top reactions to a poor run of form. If that poor run of form continues, then people have the right to moan and demand action.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Without wishing to sound negative [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] you could end up wasting the extra hour we have this weekend and probably some more on top doing such a thing.

That's a sad truth, fortunately it was said in jest but I am going to find something better to do with my time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
BLOODY SPOT ON
great posts
we should remember where we came from

Yeah,here here and ultimately i am with you on this one ref the history,however we also came from 1st position too :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's a sad truth, fortunately it was said in jest but I am going to find something better to do with my time.

I knew you would,but the sentiment made me laugh none the less

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Well said, I have become more and more disillusioned with the supporters of our club due to the utter shite I have seen written on this forum lately. When Gus took over we were becoming stable for the first time in many years and under his guidance we have become contenders which is progress indeed so I just wish some people would take a reality check and accept the we are a work in progress with no divine right to The Premiership.
We will get there I am sure and I still fancy that we will come good and make a charge for promotion this season but please the next person who calls for Gus to step down please go and have your head examined.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Sorry to disappoint you Arthur, but I don't see anyone getting offended but more and more over the top reactions to a poor run of form.

Hmmmmm it would seem that every thread is going down the same route though.

Poster A: we're shit, sack em all.
Poster B: You're a knob
Poster A: f*** off I'm just telling you how it is, I've got perspective.
Poster B: In 1873 I was on a milk crate watching us lose to Buxted Flat Caps, I have perspective!
Poster A: Wanker
Poster B: Wanker

So yes I'd say people are getting offended, threads like these just back that up.

If that poor run of form continues, then people have the right to moan and demand action.

I quite agree. People just need stop pissing their pants if someone disagrees with them or says something negative about the club.

Opinions are like arseholes, on a Sunday morning they stink and more than likely have brown liquid dribbling out of them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's not being offended Arthur, that's just showing the intellect of some of the contributors to Nsc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hmmmmm it would seem that every thread is going down the same route though.

Poster A: we're shit, sack em all.
Poster B: You're a knob
Poster A: f*** off I'm just telling you how it is, I've got perspective.
Poster B: In 1873 I was on a milk crate watching us lose to Buxted Flat Caps, I have perspective!
Poster A: Wanker
Poster B: Wanker

So yes I'd say people are getting offended, threads like these just back that up.

I quite agree. People just need stop pissing their pants if someone disagrees with them or says something negative about the club.

Opinions are like arseholes, on a Sunday morning they stink and more than likely have brown liquid dribbling out of them.

This is the funniest post i have read all weekend,i particularly like this bit :lol: :lol::lol:

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
f***ing right mate, there are too many on this board who act like the premiership big potatoes we have always distanced ourselves from. We have no god given right to make the playoffs this year, we have no god given right to be in the premiership anytime soon. What we do have is a club battling in the top half of the Championship with no parachute payments after going up the season before last. Demanding instant success is for numpties at the 'big clubs'. What we have is a good young manager a chairman who is taking care of things at the club without putting us in danger (again!) and a very very bright future ahead of us after a very very very dark recent past. They will make a few mistakes and they will need some patience from us supporters in order to build a team capable of challenging. I for one am happy to enjoy the ride and give the boys the support and time they need to build a team and a club capable of challenging at the next level.

The trouble with society today, noone is prepared to wait for or work for anything, they want instant gratification and instant success. Well life aint like that.

I agree.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Possibly however your personal habits and circle of friends differ significantly from mine.....

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Good comment.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Well done Doc. That is the post that has needed writing for a long time.

The fuckwits on here moaning about shit need to fcuk off and read Build a Bonfire and then try really hard to imagine what the hell it must have been like in those days.

When I read the piece in yesterday's Argus, when Charlie Oatway feels the need to tell these idiots to calm down, it made me worried that serious people at the club actually read some of the bollocks on here. I sure hope they don't.

Bozza, can we have a new :shutup: which we can use to on posts from these people who have no idea how lucky they are to be watching a fabulous team in a fabulous stadium in front of 26,000 fans week in and week out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I remember as a kid leaving the North stand under a steel terrace pole and sliding down a small dirt track to get out, probably no one took any notice of me and my young friends laughing as we slide on our arses on our way out but we loved it. Jumping around in the North stand, running on mass to the front when we scored! I love my club as many do, the dark days were so bad if im honest i got on with my life, it hurt me too much as a young teenager and i felt helpless (this is what the forgotten generation felt like as some have questioned if there was such a thing, there was!). To watch my club get slowly destroyed, listening to Save our Seagulls on the radio, Des Lynam asking for money to save our club, it was dark!
I hate seeing our supporters questioning and under mining Gus and Tony, if you saw the glimmer off light under Liam and the awful games under Steve, we are blessed at the moment, don't let us go the way of other clubs, we are not like other clubs.
We are a community that backs itself and those who represent us, we always have and will be stronger together.
End of rant i feel better now!

Excellent Doc, couldn't agree more.

I see the Albion as a work in progress, and things won't change overnight, but to an extent I can see some fans' frustrations.

Doesn't mean I agree with them though, and I said last year that people would panic if we weren't doing as well as last season, and so it is transpiring. We are in the second tier of English football, somewhere we haven't had much experience of in the past few decades. It is a learning curve, and, given that a high number of our opponents have recently been in the Premier League, we are really up against it, week in, week out.

Yes, we have made some quality additions, but so have teams around us, so I don't expect anything. And, to be honest, I would be happy staying in the championship for a while, and growing into a real footballing force.

So the team is learning, Tony is learning about how to run a football club, and Gus is learning to be a manager. Of course he's going to make mistakes, just like the team is going to have bad patches, and players are going to have bad games.

No, I'm not going on about "where we've come from" because it is a different club, but not completely different, which is why people should still remember the recent past, but not compare now with then.

Seeing some of the posts on here and the Argus website really make me question that kind of perspective, and how big fans of the club some people are.

Were people expecting a straight leap into the prem, or us to win every game? I don't know, but when people moan about a player that scored a goal to get us a valuable point against a tough team, during a shitty run, I don't know what makes them happy. Barnes might not have played well (I didn't see the game) but without him it would probably ANOTHER 1-0 defeat.

Apologies for the long ramble, just adding my thoughts to the matter of the day.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well done Doc. That is the post that has needed writing for a long time.

The fuckwits on here moaning about shit need to fcuk off and read Build a Bonfire and then try really hard to imagine what the hell it must have been like in those days.

When I read the piece in yesterday's Argus, when Charlie Oatway feels the need to tell these idiots to calm down, it made me worried that serious people at the club actually read some of the bollocks on here. I sure hope they don't.

Bozza, can we have a new :shutup: which we can use to on posts from these people who have no idea how lucky they are to be watching a fabulous team in a fabulous stadium in front of 26,000 fans week in and week out.

You might need to revise that to 16,000 soon-but i would be happy challenging in League 1 for promotion with 10,000 gates-thanks to TB we have the Amex no matter what,our future is so much more assured..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here