Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plead to NSC

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I remember as a kid leaving the North stand under a steel terrace pole and sliding down a small dirt track to get out, probably no one took any notice of me and my young friends laughing as we slide on our arses on our way out but we loved it. Jumping around in the North stand, running on mass to the front when we scored! I love my club as many do, the dark days were so bad if im honest i got on with my life, it hurt me too much as a young teenager and i felt helpless (this is what the forgotten generation felt like as some have questioned if there was such a thing, there was!). To watch my club get slowly destroyed, listening to Save our Seagulls on the radio, Des Lynam asking for money to save our club, it was dark!
I hate seeing our supporters questioning and under mining Gus and Tony, if you saw the glimmer off light under Liam and the awful games under Steve, we are blessed at the moment, don't let us go the way of other clubs, we are not like other clubs.
We are a community that backs itself and those who represent us, we always have and will be stronger together.
End of rant i feel better now!

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
I remember as a kid leaving the North stand under a steel terrace pole and sliding down a small dirt track to get out, probably no one took any notice of me and my young friends laughing as we slide on our arses on our way out but we loved it. Jumping around in the North stand, running on mass to the front when we scored! I love my club as many do, the dark days were so bad if im honest i got on with my life, it hurt me too much as a young teenager and i felt helpless (this is what the forgotten generation felt like as some have questioned if there was such a thing, there was!). To watch my club get slowly destroyed, listening to Save our Seagulls on the radio, Des Lynam asking for money to save our club, it was dark!
I hate seeing our supporters questioning and under mining Gus and Tony, if you saw the glimmer off light under Liam and the awful games under Steve, we are blessed at the moment, don't let us go the way of other clubs, we are not like other clubs.
We are a community that backs itself and those who represent us, we always have and will be stronger together.

:clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: WELL SAID THAT MAN !!! :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Apart from getting on with your life when :wrong:YOUR CLUB needed you, then I salute you:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Apart from getting on with your life when :wrong:YOUR CLUB needed you, then I salute you:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Like i said there was a time and group us youngster's old enough to go to the football and young enough to not understand the politics that were going on, only to hear we may not have a club!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

f***ing right mate, there are too many on this board who act like the premiership big potatoes we have always distanced ourselves from. We have no god given right to make the playoffs this year, we have no god given right to be in the premiership anytime soon. What we do have is a club battling in the top half of the Championship with no parachute payments after going up the season before last. Demanding instant success is for numpties at the 'big clubs'. What we have is a good young manager a chairman who is taking care of things at the club without putting us in danger (again!) and a very very bright future ahead of us after a very very very dark recent past. They will make a few mistakes and they will need some patience from us supporters in order to build a team capable of challenging. I for one am happy to enjoy the ride and give the boys the support and time they need to build a team and a club capable of challenging at the next level.

The trouble with society today, noone is prepared to wait for or work for anything, they want instant gratification and instant success. Well life aint like that.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Top post, Doc Lynam.

I remember those last years at the Goldstone and the surges when we scored were f***ing brilliant! Especially beating Hartlepool 5-0 on 'Fans united' day - a very cold and foggy day but that was the match I believed that we could preserve our football League status under Steve Gritt.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Having said all that though it would be great for Gus and boys to organise a win against Derby in January as that will be my first Amex game!

Last edited:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
f***ing right mate, there are too many on this board who act like the premiership big potatoes we have always distanced ourselves from. We have no god given right to make the playoffs this year, we have no god given right to be in the premiership anytime soon. What we do have is a club battling in the top half of the Championship with no parachute payments after going up the season before last. Demanding instant success is for numpties at the 'big clubs'. What we have is a good young manager a chairman who is taking care of things at the club without putting us in danger (again!) and a very very bright future ahead of us after a very very very dark recent past. They will make a few mistakes and they will need some patience from us supporters in order to build a team capable of challenging. I for one am happy to enjoy the ride and give the boys the support and time they need to build a team and a club capable of challenging at the next level.

The trouble with society today, noone is prepared to wait for or work for anything, they want instant gratification and instant success. Well life aint like that.

Absolutely 100% THIS! Just because we won a few games and where top for a bit early in the season does not make us the new Barcelona. we will win some, lose some and I hope do a little better than last years 10th. There are plenty of teams in this division who have equally good squads if not better, and every team in the top half of the league is dreaming of premiership glory next season. Maybe we'll have a good run and make it, maybe we won't. That's football and I'm happy to enjoy the ride at our fantastic stadium what ever happens.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

You're spot on, but my only issue is that Gus says he wants to improve every season otherwize he'll leave! So basically he's saying if we don't make the play offs he'll move on (hope I'm incorrect though as I can't see us making the play offs this year)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so pleased to see a thread with some decent sensible posts,echo whats been said,now lets go and winour next 2 home games and then access the league then
,either way i wouldnt expect us to be in the top 5 end of season,and as long as we finish above last season,i consider that progress

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Having said all that though it would be great for Gus and boys to organise a win against Derby in January as that will be my first Amex game!

Don't fret, Derby at home is our designated annual 'Start with two Wingers & Vicente Day' where we traditionally tear them to shreds with the away fans leaving in disgust on 75 mins

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh jeez, not another one of these "Look how far we've come!" threads.

My plea to NSC: Don't start any more of these "In 1972 we lost 3-0 at home to Gillingham in front of a crowd of 6000" threads. We all know the history, most of us lived it.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

posted at 2am prob after a few beers ? BUTa post you should all read:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here