Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Palace view

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whilst I would never do it the clearance of the ground is nothing unique in football. Gus's first game against Saints, 3-1 Albion ground emptied, same the other week at Cardiff when we went 3-1. Unfortunately, its just a desperate reaction. I'm sure Palace will do the same when we do them in February...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
To the OP.
Firstly I think your comments are true and well thought out. Well done.

To the BHA fans.
I do not give a flying fck about how "Nice" and literate the OP is. He is a palace scumbag. I for one, do not talk to them and in all honesty hate them, their girlfriends, mothers, grannies in fact the mere mention of that sh*thole and the people that support that bottle of vomit team.
I hate manure. They are shit. In fact cpfc and manure are natural bedfellows. I even kicked the painter and decorator out of my house when he told me he supported the mancs.
I find it hard not to swear at any manure or palace fan, it is in my blood, part of my DNA. I spent most of the 70's running around Hove park chasing and being chased. I am not proud of it, but it happened.
I do not expect BHA fans to be knuckle grazing gorillas but I DO expect PASSION and PRIDE.
Who the fu*k leaves the stadium early to give those bastards the pleasure of seeing us skulk away like vermin? Stand tall, stand firm. Lose, but lose with dignity.
In the past I could not speak for days after a derby game. Also what is this "Palarse" shit? Whoever uses it sounds like they are a 16 year old prep schoolboy ffs.
They are palace. We are Brighton and we through nature hate each other and that is the way it should be. Get used to it.
As a Brighton fan I cannot understand the amount of tolerance given to these scumbags, you want to talk to them, well fck off up there then. I do not want to know the truth. I can see the bloody truth.
I want my team to win and above nothing else beat palace.
So roll on the return fixture and do not give them the smug satisfaction of telling us how fcking good we were for 10 minutes, do you really care what they think ffs?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
To the OP.

To the BHA fans.
I do not give a flying fck about how "Nice" and literate the OP is. He is a palace scumbag. I for one, do not talk to them and in all honesty hate them, their girlfriends, mothers, grannies in fact the mere mention of that sh*thole and the people that support that bottle of vomit team.
I hate manure. They are shit. In fact cpfc and manure are natural bedfellows. I even kicked the painter and decorator out of my house when he told me he supported the mancs.
I find it hard not to swear at any manure or palace fan, it is in my blood, part of my DNA. I spent most of the 70's running around Hove park chasing and being chased. I am not proud of it, but it happened.
I do not expect BHA fans to be knuckle grazing gorillas but I DO expect PASSION and PRIDE.
Who the fu*k leaves the stadium early to give those bastards the pleasure of seeing us skulk away like vermin? Stand tall, stand firm. Lose, but lose with dignity.
In the past I could not speak for days after a derby game. Also what is this "Palarse" shit? Whoever uses it sounds like they are a 16 year old prep schoolboy ffs.
They are palace. We are Brighton and we through nature hate each other and that is the way it should be. Get used to it.
As a Brighton fan I cannot understand the amount of tolerance given to these scumbags, you want to talk to them, well fck off up there then. I do not want to know the truth. I can see the bloody truth.
So roll on the return fixture and do not give them the smug satisfaction of telling us how fcking good we were for 10 minutes, do you really care what they think ffs?

I thought you were Liverpool?

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Maybe his applause was sarcastic :lol:
But I hope not because I wouldn't want you to be disillusioned as this is the finest post I have ever seen from a rival fan on NSC. It was critical without being contemptuous, sympathetic but not sycophantic, and well written to. Keep it up!

Thankyou.
re the clapper, he looked genuine, rather than sarcastic, felt a bit sorry for him really, and the poor sod at the front of our park n ride bus who looked nigh on suicidal.

I know how great it was for us and it follows how shite it must have been for you.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
We did that against Leeds and it was SHIT.

Perverse though it sounds, it unbalances the team.

A red letter day indeed when I agree with you TLO but I know exactly what you mean.

What frustrates and concerns in equal measure is the fact that although Noone had tired he was still worrying them immensely, whereas Barnes, Harley and to a certain extent Dicker were passengers for the majority of that game.

Do we really have no plan B? Surely it was crying out for Barnes off Hoskins on, or Harley off, Hoskins on behind Barnes and CMS? I just don't want Gus to fall into that category of manager that has consistent blind spots towards players not performing.

Harley is undoubtedly a technically excellent footballer but in a game where you need power, pace, guile and stability (especially when chasing the game at the end) he practically disappeared into a Matt Le Tissier sized hole in the pitch!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To the OP.

To the BHA fans.

Agree and disagree but I stood tall and firm , 20 yards away in the face of the gloating Palace fans until the bitter end. I am not a hero but there is no excuse not to do at the very least the same. As you said take defeat on the chin but never walk away early at a Palace game. Its just not done.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I was the guy in the West Stand who stayed until the end, I turned to pick up my jacket at the final whistle, raised my hands above my head and applauded the away fans before leaving.

It wasn't sarcastic and I am glad that someone saw me, and appreciated it. I hope that if more did it maybe people wouldn't turn into animals when the game doesn't go their way or the opposition score, in my view, they are football fans, so are we, they won, they deserved the applause.

And, by god you lot were giving it full volume and abuse at that moment!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fair dos, the game is played for 90 minutes and we got what we deserved, no arguments there. No where near as much abuse as I would have expected either.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

this is without question the best f***ing post that has ever been on this board, and it beats everything - even the Family Fortunes thread.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I really wanted to leave. Didn't, but wanted to. I have no problem with everyone who did.

This for me too. People leave a minute or two early anyway as for some it can make the difference of getting home by 11pm, or 2am. Add that to the fact Glenn Murray had just scored, we had lost 1-3 to Palace and faced with the realism of trouble and a lot of lair from the Palace fans at the station and all along the route to Brighton - I can fully appreciate people ducking out a minute before the end. Absolutely no issues with this whatsoever

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
First 10 Minutes you were so good I thought you were going to annihilate us.
Also the noise from the West stand was deafening, thought you wouldn't possibly hear us all night.

What happened ???
Its clear that your team lost confidence as the game went on, other than 5 mins after half time when Gus had obviously riled them back up.
By the end Brighton looked shockingly bad, an abject lesson in the effect confidence has on a team condensed into 90 minutes.
I think Noone off for you and Parr on for us made a huge difference, Noone looks quality.

You need to bounce back quick from this, you have had a glimpse tonight of how bad you could get .... doesn't bear thinking about does it.

As for the singing I didn't think we were so loud tonight but you guys seemed to tail off into the odd half hearted albion here and there and content to just boo us instead.

I have to say I have never in 30 odd years of going to matches EVER seen a ground empty like that... I'm not judging, just saying.

To the guy in the West stand who stayed to the bitter end and in the face of our exultant gloating turned and clapped us before leaving, good on you mate, i'll try to remember your example in future.

Magic night to be a Palace fan :) I would have taken the draw at 70 minutes.

Very reasonable synopsis. Was my first time in the West, and it was staggeringly loud at the beginning and when we scored - definitely tailed off as the team got worse. I didn't notice too many people leaving until during injury time, most started giving up when your 2nd went in, and the 3rd just tipped the rest over the edge. Wasn't really surprising given the occassion and subsequent disappointment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The OP is fair. I'm not embarrassed at all though. It was a poor second half performance, but that happens sometimes. I stayed until the end, but I can understand those who couldn't face staying after we went 3-1 down. Rather than show they're plastic, it shows how pissed off they were.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Eh Mouldy.....remind you of a certain game? ha ha we stayed untill the end but it was so painfull. Although we played so badly, Palace deserved the win and that feeling of dejection we felt at the end will be replaced with elation when (and yes if) we beat our six fingered croydon "friends".

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Thought neither set of fans was on top form on Tuesday- I have heard us louder, and you were pretty poor all game, but I put down down to nerves, you because you were playing crap, us because we were losing. On the pitch we wanted it so much though, you could really see it, and although I was not expecting THREE goals, I always thought we had a good chance the way we were playing.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Thought neither set of fans was on top form on Tuesday- I have heard us louder, and you were pretty poor all game, but I put down down to nerves, you because you were playing crap, us because we were losing. On the pitch we wanted it so much though, you could really see it, and although I was not expecting THREE goals, I always thought we had a good chance the way we were playing.

Not just saying this cos you are Palace but our fans were dire, it was really weird i have never seen the fans so "not up for it". Maybe its because the Leeds match was so good. Although the Palace fans were loud when they took the lead they were not in the same league as the Leeds fans who were matched by the Brighton fans once we scored. Weird still cant fathom it out,

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Not just saying this cos you are Palace but our fans were dire, it was really weird i have never seen the fans so "not up for it". Maybe its because the Leeds match was so good. Although the Palace fans were loud when they took the lead they were not in the same league as the Leeds fans who were matched by the Brighton fans once we scored. Weird still cant fathom it out,

The acoustics in the away end are pretty crap too, and it's interesting what you say about Leeds- we played them last year, scored early and they hardly sang anything for the rest of the game, and this year at their place they were completely silent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here