Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Must Read - Then Please Comment

dave the gaffer said:
me me me me :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I'll give you this Dave, it wuld certainly be unmissable radio hearing you interview Guy Butters in your new role as phone-in co-host ;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
First Question

"So Guy, not being a psycophant or anything, but I worship the very ground you walk on, how do you feel about that?"

Second question

" So Martin, I understand there are some people in Withdean trying to eject the club from our temporary home, what type of ballistic missile would you prefer to be aimed at their properties?"

Third Question

" So Doris of Eastbourne, you have just spent 5 minutes on here telling Harty and myself how lovelly we are and how you have just heard a greater crested tit in your back garden, what is your opinion of cheese sold at Sainsbury's?"

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
He MUST stay, OK I have stuck up for him a lot of late and I am a bit biased but the guy is doing a good job, I've watched the show in action from the press box a few times last season and I have to say that what Harty needs is an experienced broadcaster possibly Andrew Hawes backing him up, not some other fan who after a few weeks will no doubt gain their own 'agenda' too

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rougvie said:
He MUST stay, OK I have stuck up for him a lot of late and I am a bit biased but the guy is doing a good job, I've watched the show in action from the press box a few times last season and I have to say that what Harty needs is an experienced broadcaster possibly Andrew Hawes backing him up, not some other fan who after a few weeks will no doubt gain their own 'agenda' too

I was joking mate:nono:

dave the gaffer said:
I was joking mate :nono:

:lolol: Ah, the pitfalls of satire

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
dave the gaffer said:
I was joking mate:nono:
No Dave I hadnt even read your replies so it wasnt directed at you at all, just something that was being mooted on Saturday, to be fair I was replying to the original question, bit busy to read the whole thread trying to catch up work wise after 3 weeks working in Atlanta

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Harty does a decent job as far as I can see.

Since when did the board of Brighton and Hove Albion dictate the BBC's editorial policy?

They never have and, hopefully, they never will.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
South Stand Zealot said:
Message for Jam the Man

?

Have I ever spoken on the Phone-In ?

Yes. Frequently, but not anymore!

I go back a long time.

I'm boycotting the "Ian Hart Show" until it becomes "The Fans' Phone-in" once again with a much superior presenter.

Also for your information SCR have actually phoned me up to ask for my contributions - clearly they value my opinions unlike some morons on here.

Grandfather of Ben won't believe that of course but he's only got one brain cell. ( Whoops - sorry. One voice! (Thank God !))

HART MUST GO - NOW !!!!!

:wave:

:smokin:

I dont have the first idea who you are,but from reading your posts i can tell that you are a proper PRICK

Who the f*** are you to write this sort of shit on a message board.
If you dont like Ian Hart,dont listen to the phone-in.
If that is not acceptable then write a letter of complain to the BBC.

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
is there a list of al the separate 'fighting funds' available?

ie- day to day expenses at withdean, then costs of the Falmer enquiry, any funds in reserve / pledged to build Falmer, wtc.

just a thought here- do BHA still rent the withdean off Ecovert?
with Eco's poor management history in otjer areas of Brighton, cou;d the club take over the management, and get the pub, sportsclub, carpark rents etc, for themselves?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
despraefan3 the club took over running Withdean last April, so no, we don't have to rent off of Ecovert.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Full ticket?

Well he's certainly mislaid the sodding timetable...

(Stop it! The lot of ya! OK! Enough! I want my tea! And I've been left here, all alone, polishing the jackboots!)

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I remember when I was young and we used to go on the supporters coach to Gillingham some of the lads clubbed together to buy Mr Golds an extremely large gobstopper.

I don't think anyone had the guts to give it to him but I think someone left it on his seat.

:D:D:D

showpony

Sep 2, 2004
HH
I remember the gobstopper incident clearly, he was also presented with a card signed by most of the regulars telling him what an pain he had been during our journeys!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here