Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Must Read - Then Please Comment

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
South Stand Zealot said:
No one bullied me at school. Nor did I bully anyone either.

Unethical.

Anyway he could never have been at my school. He'd never have passed the entrance exam.

(A bit more difficult than Grandfather of Ben's coaching course. That doesn't say a lot for Jackie Charlton, or does it, that BG got better marks.)

What condescending twerp you are.

Pray tell me which of our great public schools did you pass the entrance exam for and what degrees do you have?

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah ! At last ! One of the Worthing Mafiosi has woken up !!

A really intellectual contribution from the Smelloid Zone !

So sorry trying to put your closest mate out of this particular job but needs must before he says something irreversibly damaging to the Albion.

(If any of those words confuse you I can always send you a DICKionary !)

STOP PRESS ITEM (The Worthing Herald)

WORTHING BOROUGH COUNCIL SPOKESPERSON SAYS "WE WERE GOING TO HIRE IAN HART'S MOUTH TO CLEAN UP THE SEAWEED BUT IT'S JUST TOO BIG. WE NEED SOMETHING SMALLER THAT CAN BE BETTER CONTROLLED, MORE AFFORDABLE AND CAN DIGEST THINGS WITH NO HELP!!!"

IAN HART MUST GO _ NOW !!!!!!!!

:wave:

:smokin:

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
Grandfather of Ben, you are digressing again. Do you really find it so difficult to hold down a conversation topic ?

I think you must be a "leftie" or a "new leftie" given your use of the word "great".

Your spelling is improving but your syntax ain't !!

Lucky aren't you that I've spoken to you again !

IAN HART MUST GO - NOW !!!!!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
SSZ.

At a time when many people have valid concerns about the phone in, descending into personal abuse makes it easy for Ian Hart and others to dismiss the whole NSC board as "a load of keyboard warriors with big mouths and personal agendas".

Any chance you could give it a rest now - having said your piece?

Thanking you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lush said:
SSZ.

At a time when many people have valid concerns about the phone in, descending into personal abuse makes it easy for Ian Hart and others to dismiss the whole NSC board as "a load of keyboard warriors with big mouths and personal agendas".

Any chance you could give it a rest now - having said your piece?

Thanking you.

Well said.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, actually, NO !

BG remains infatuated with his hart's desire. Clearly past his Horlick's time. Difficult to talk to someone who cannot maintain the thread of a conversation and wanders off the subject at the drop of a hart.

I won't be content until another presenter has been appointed. Next week with a bit of luck !

If all this bores you Lush, go look at other threads.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
SSZ you are boring. Anyone ever told you that?

You've made your point, why don't you shut it and find yourself a soap box somewhere else.

I for one am sick of your opinionated claptrap.

Who cares what you think. Like me, you are a very small fish in a very large pond. Only difference is you seem to want the limelight.

Perhaps you and Harty have more in common than you think?

South Stand Zealot said:
If all this bores you Lush, go look at other threads.

I'm sure a literate fella like youself SSZ is aware of the law of diminishing returns. Might be worth giving the subject a rest until there is an original point to be made again.

Of course that depends on whether you want to actually sway the middle ground of opinion on here or are just intent on having a bit of self-pleasurable knockabout fun at Harty's expense - I don't think you can have both, so the choice is yours.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
A couple of points....

1. We need to keep the phone-in, and it should be presented by a committed Albion supporter (so that rules out Andrew Hawes).

2. If not Harty then who else …….

a) John Byrne – I’d say he’d be the next best option. He’d get lots of people calling in to say how great they think he is (was) but I also think he’d have difficulty if things got too heated (or too slow).
b) Mike Ward – He can talk all right, but it’s supposed to be a fan’s phonein. Also, he’s too closely associated with the club.
c) Paul Camillin – Same as for MW
d) Norman Gall – no thanks.
e) Someone from NSC (Lord B; London Irish; Lush; SSZ) – They’re all committed and eloquent supporters and they definitely have an opinion on the Albion and the phonein. But just how cliquey do you guys want it?

All this leads me to believe that we’ve got the best presenter at the moment. Perhaps he could do with some help, but I think this should come from us, not a co-host. The quality of any programme like this is heavily dependent on the callers. If nobody but Doris from Hove is prepared to call him then that’s all we’ll get – and Harty will get increasingly controversial as he struggles to get a meaningful discussion going.

However, there is someone coming along in a year or so that, if he wants to, can become a great presenter – stand by for the Charlie Oatway show.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
South Stand Zealot said:
I'm boycotting the "Ian Hart Show" until it becomes "The Fans' Phone-in" once again with a much superior presenter.

I've been doing this for about 2 years now.. I check the 'phone in' on occasion to gauge whether it has improved but unfortunately I end up switching off after 5 mins of Hart's sulking.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I have to say there are times when I regret being living far away from Sussex, meaning I don't have the opportunity to experience much Albion related media stuff apart from what I can get over the internet.

But from having read some of the threads on NSC recently about the phone-in I am coming to the conclusion that maybe I am not missing much!!

:yawn:

Jim D said:
All this leads me to believe that we’ve got the best presenter at the moment. Perhaps he could do with some help, but I think this should come from us, not a co-host. The quality of any programme like this is heavily dependent on the callers. If nobody but Doris from Hove is prepared to call him then that’s all we’ll get – and Harty will get increasingly controversial as he struggles to get a meaningful discussion going.

Very good post Jim - I think your approach is spot on, perhaps you've heard something that this is the road that Harty's thinking of going down?

The format of the phone-in needs a shaking up and, who knows, possibly Harty realises that too. Whether it's a permanent co-host or either fans or maybe occasionally a player or ex-player taking in turns to help him out each week, that surely is the answer.

If I could just disagree with you on one thing though, Jim. If Harty is to continue to play the role of the outspoken voice of the terraces asking the awkward questions that are being asked by fans in the pubs after games, then his co-host needs to have a more "establishment" approach in tune with the Knight/Perry outlook of the world.

This is vital because then whoever listened to the phone-in would feel that their voice is being represented by one of the hosts - result, everyone's happy and the criticism/bitching of the phone-in would be much reduced.

Budgie would be perfect but Ben's Grandad may have a point that SCR funds might not run to that. Paul Camillin would be ideal but is busy working after the match, as are most of the other paid staff of the club.

If you were to get a fan on, then you would need a tougher qualifying standard than simply just being able to drone on endlessly in the small goldfish bowl world of NSC, so that probably rules me and a few others out :D

But NSC does have articulate people in sympathy with the Perry/Knight leadership who have done "real" work for the Albion in the real world. Outstanding examples are Lord Brackers for his inquiry expertise and The Large One for his fundraising record.

Go away from the goldfish bowl of NSC and you would find many, many more than that. You have the huge knowledge of Tim Carder, or what about the people from the Albion in the Community team, the Falmer for All team, the match programme team, I'm sure you know many others - there are many, many people qualified because of their concrete work for the Albion who could help out Harty. I hope Harty gets recruiting quickly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I never thought that it would happen that I agreed with London Irish although I personally would not like either a paid employee of the club or 'lapdog' but somebody who tends to edgemore towards the club and its aims but is still be able to remain independant.

The answer obviously is for the articulate people of NSC to phone in and show that NSC are not a bunch of vindictive morons thus improving the show by their contribution.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
The answer obviously is for the articulate people of NSC to phone in and show that NSC are not a bunch of vindictive morons thus improving the show by their contribution.

So you won't be phoning in then :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Jesus, this is getting pathetic. Harty is a fan, he does a radio show which you can listen to or turn off, it's your choice. He will stay employed by Autie Beeb until either people stop phoning or ratings fall. I really can't understand the shit posted on here by South Stand Zealot, It's a radio show FFS, what is the point of coming on here to pour out so much hatred you sad little man?

Hving read this thread I'll make a point of listening to te show and , if I can think of something half sensible to say, support the show by phoning in.

Harty isn't perfect, none of us are, but he is Albion through and through and is doing his best for the club. I really get pissed off with negative slagging off of people by morons who couldn't do any better themselves. Why has this become so personal? it's not necessary and shit like this on here just puts people off using NSC.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Quite happy for Harty to continue. I think he does a good job and without him, we would not have the luxury of our own phone in. At least it is never without a bit of controversy, not that WOULD be boring would it not?

Keep up the good work Harty. I would say for all the dissenters there are far more supporters.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
The format of the phone-in needs a shaking up and, who knows, possibly Harty realises that too. Whether it's a permanent co-host or either fans or maybe occasionally a player or ex-player taking in turns to help him out each week, that surely is the answer.

Budgie would be perfect but Ben's Grandad may have a point that SCR funds might not run to that. Paul Camillin would be ideal but is busy working after the match, as are most of the other paid staff of the club.

I'll do it...I am articulate, like a good argument and am not an Albion apologist.

Give it me Harty....you and I would be the Morcambe and Wise of SCR

me me me me :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here