Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Moment of Sanity

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Now that WW and TCB have been given the perfect opportunity to voice their opinions on all things BHA and some WW/TCB JCLs have jumped on that particularly slow-moving bandwagon perhaps we might take a minutes reflection.

For example, even after these two results we are fourth.. which means out of the whole division only three teams have a better record than us... ergo 19 teams are doing worse than us... and arent we sort of ahead of where we predicted we'd be? OK things do seem to coincide with CMS and Bruno missing but I wonder if any of the teams above us lost their two best players at the same time would they have a blip? Suspect they would....

We have prided ourselves time and time again on what a great bunch of fans we are... however Gillingham, buildng a bonfire and Bellotti-baiting are many years in the past now. It seems one point from four now gets more vitriol than the darkest (recent) days of Adams part2.

Pause to breathe perhaps and maybe remember to....

KEEP THE FAITH!

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Hear hear. I was half expecting a thread of why there was ONLY a pathetic 24,000 at the game tonight!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Aren't the same people who said CMS was shit now saying that we miss CMS?
I wish they'd go back to their armchairs with their prem team shirt on & take their negativity with them.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We are third, granted, but I don't see anything wrong in expressing disappointment or being critical about two home performances (against average teams) that were woefully inadequate and awful to watch. The issue of a striker has got to be sorted and soon. We can't rely on CMS to lead the line all the time and it is clear that without him the team's attacking momentum can easily be frustrated even by moderate Championship defenders. What concerns me the most is that we don't seem to have any presence up front that worries other teams. How many times does this need to be said before the problem is addressed?

Last edited:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Aren't the same people who said CMS was shit now saying that we miss CMS?
I wish they'd go back to their armchairs with their prem team shirt on & take their negativity with them.

I'm sure they are, I couldn't understand why so many were so keen to see CMS out of the door in the close-season. But ofcourse one bad result is a disaster and two means season over and sack the manager for a lot of football fans these days.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The usual crap, our position in the league table doesn't mean that people cannot point out our weaknesses or suggest ways we could improve.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The usual crap, our position in the league table doesn't mean that people cannot point out our weaknesses or suggest ways we could improve.

Quite. Nor should it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Exactly. Whilst we can all be happy about the points on the board, can we be happy that we'll still be in 3rd after 46 games? I seriously doubt that after the last 2 matches - there are fundamental problems - the main one of which is a lack of strikers. We have just 3 ( 2 of which are more like midfielders now), along with 1 out of favour sicknote, and 1 rookie.

We really need a loan option in as soon as possible, even if CMS were fit, we'd still be lacking in this area.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
TCB and WW wind ups are wearing a bit thin now. I would have thought they'd have stopped once they got girlfriends or something, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Although at least Richard Reynold's Haircut seems to have disappeared now, I wonder what alter ego they'll come up with next.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We are all disappointed with the last two results but as always there is a massive over reaction on here, as if some people wait for opportunities like this to be able to moan. We are good team and I feel a top 6 finish is likely but there we be ups and downs during the season and two poor results surely does not mean going back to the drawing board and starting again.

I must remind myself not to read the board after results like these.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Now that WW and TCB have been given the perfect opportunity to voice their opinions on all things BHA and some WW/TCB JCLs have jumped on that particularly slow-moving bandwagon perhaps we might take a minutes reflection.

For example, even after these two results we are fourth.. which means out of the whole division only three teams have a better record than us... ergo 19 teams are doing worse than us... and arent we sort of ahead of where we predicted we'd be? OK things do seem to coincide with CMS and Bruno missing but I wonder if any of the teams above us lost their two best players at the same time would they have a blip? Suspect they would....

We have prided ourselves time and time again on what a great bunch of fans we are... however Gillingham, buildng a bonfire and Bellotti-baiting are many years in the past now. It seems one point from four now gets more vitriol than the darkest (recent) days of Adams part2.

Pause to breathe perhaps and maybe remember to....

KEEP THE FAITH!

3rd with one point from six. It's not the fact that we only got one draw from two VERY winnable home games ,it's that we have been clueless as to how to break down an organised defence when we've needed to. Wether our " best" two players are missing or not that is the very least I'd expect if we are to make the play-offs. No excuses needed, we haven't been good enough over the last couple of games .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here