Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Moment of Sanity

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
3rd with one point from six. It's not the fact that we only got one draw from two VERY winnable home games ,it's that we have been clueless as to how to break down an organised defence when we've needed to. Wether our " best" two players are missing or not that is the very least I'd expect if we are to make the play-offs. No excuses needed, we haven't been good enough over the last couple of games .

That's just football though isn't it? We turn Barnsley over in spectacular style, and they then proceed to do the same to Birmingham. So when Birmingham turn up to play us, we should win by LOADS .... but we don't. The unpredictability is what makes the game so great, and that is especially true in this division, which is regularly the tightest of all divisions, with everyone being capable of beating everyone. Have you seen Peterboro over the last 2 games?

As for being "clueless" to break down a tight defence, again, that's football. How often did you hear about the all-conquering Mourinho bemoan teams "parking the bus"? It didn't make his Cheslea team "clueless".

I just think peeple do seem to expect the usual ebb and flow of a football season to somehow not apply to us, and if it does, SOMEONE MUST BE BLAMED!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I love it when the man from TURKEY gets all high and mighty. What the f*** do you know about an English football team from there?

He knows enough to see that you and your chum can't wait for Brighton to fail, you must have wet yourselves last night and Saturday and giggled like schoolgirls as you typed your boring, critical, in most cases completely wrong opinions.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I wrote this once and then the computer lost it so Ill try again:

There is nothing wrong with identifying issues and saying how we can imporve. What the rabble rousers love though is to make it personal, to blame to suggest that we are in serious trouble. Well, its not a sprint and two matches wont kill our season and anyone who thinks so has a very strange way of supporting the club. Of course its a free world and anyone can do what they like but just dont think it makes you a committed fan... because blaming and blowing the catastrophe trumpet is not going to help in any way.

We all know there is a striker problem and so does Gus. But last year the peanut crunching crowd (who were they by the way? Werent they the ones who today have changed their tune?) was telling us that CMS was a waste of space, a waste of money and today he is the answer to all our prayers. But he is still the same player and he still has the same manager.

Criticise away by all means when it is contrsuctive but lets not blame people because we are supposed to be in the same boat, not organising mutinies.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I love it when the man from TURKEY gets all high and mighty. What the f*** do you know about an English football team from there?

Again TCB you are wrong.... I lived in Brighton my whole childhood, supported the club before you were born. And if you ever pay attention to anything outside of your head you might know that.

EPIC FAİL again

and look I didnt need to swear like you.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
As pointed out Brighton are yet to take a win from a team in the top half of the table

That's because when we win the other team get NIL points, ergo they are in the bottom half of the table.

We won't have had a win against some of those teams because we haven't played them yet - inevitably there WILL be teams in that top half who we can beat, simply on the law of averages..........

Our finish last season suggests that a top 10 finish is easily attainable again, therefore some of those teams currently in the top 12, WILL be pushed into the lower 12 as a direct result of playing (and losing to us).

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
?

That's just football though isn't it? We turn Barnsley over in spectacular style, and they then proceed to do the same to Birmingham. So when Birmingham turn up to play us, we should win by LOADS .... but we don't. The unpredictability is what makes the game so great, and that is especially true in this division, which is regularly the tightest of all divisions, with everyone being capable of beating everyone. Have you seen Peterboro over the last 2 games?

As for being "clueless" to break down a tight defence, again, that's football. How often did you hear about the all-conquering Mourinho bemoan teams "parking the bus"? It didn't make his Cheslea team "clueless".

I just think peeple do seem to expect the usual ebb and flow of a football season to somehow not apply to us, and if it does, SOMEONE MUST BE BLAMED!

!

I'm sure its only seven year olds that predict results that way, anybody with any idea of football would have expected a tight game against Brum. However when chasing the game, at home, we should offer more of a threat than we have been.Were not talking about premier league defences, we're not even talking about good championship ones(have a look at how many they've both conceded). I'm not laying blame at anyones feet,which is why I haven't mention any individual players .If you think the last two performances are acceptable from a side that wants to make the play-offs your going to be very dissapointed come may.

And no, I haven't seen Peterborough over the last two games, I've been watching Brighton funnily enough, and I don't particularly care who they've beaten.The simple fact is regardless of how tight this division is that over the last two games WE HAVEN'T BEEN GOOD ENOUGH.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I don't think that this club can expect a play-off position by right, nor do I think it is in the interests of the club to break any transfer record to get a further striker. In any event the transfer window is shut, so we can't. Therefore there is absolutely nothing to be gained by complaining, and everything to be gained by encouraging the 'less able strikers' to improve and become a useful back-up for CMS.

Otherwise you'll just be wishing we'd never sold Craig Noone. He scored for Cardiff at the weekend, yet most of us said that he wasn't really the right player for us when he went. The fact is that we've made the decision to cash in on that asset, and the club have decided to get other players instead. We have to back these new players, not worry about the ones we haven't got, have let go, or don't have any realistic chance of being able to afford when the transfer window reopens.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
I would be very surprised if Brighton did not Finnish in the top 6 this season , with a new stadium large fan base( never seen many shirts and car stickers in lancing as there are now) plus a strongish squad the club are on the up
Plus the news of the new trainning camp being passed too
I can only hope palace will be there too,would make for a grate end of season

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Kaz is slow Dobbie is crap, Bridcutt was poor, Barnes is useless Poyet is clueless

Really get a grip! This is coming from the same posters who 2 weeks ago said we would win the league with ease.

I've got a season ticket in a fantastic stadium watching quality football, we could all be watching Andy Whing and Dean Cox at the withdean. Cheer up and enjoy it!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really get a grip! This is coming from the same posters who 2 weeks ago said we would win the league with ease.
I've got a season ticket in a fantastic stadium watching quality football, we could all be watching Andy Whing and Dean Cox at the withdean. Cheer up and enjoy it!!

Really? Show me one poster who was previously saying we'd win the league, and are now slagging the team off.

We have positive/realistic/optimistic supporters. When we win/draw, they make their voices known more.
We have negative/miserablist/thick supporters. When we draw/lose, they pipe up.

Simple as that.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Really? Show me one poster who was previously saying we'd win the league, and are now slagging the team off.

We have positive/realistic/optimistic supporters. When we win/draw, they make their voices known more.
We have negative/miserablist/thick supporters. When we draw/lose, they pipe up.

Simple as that.

What I'm getting at is the extremes. We are either the best team in the league or rubbish in all departments. It's getting a little boring don't you think?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think if Vicente plays in half of the matches we've got left we're top 6. If he hardly figures then it's a lottery where we'll be 4th - 10th depending on injuries.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What I'm getting at is the extremes. We are either the best team in the league or rubbish in all departments. It's getting a little boring don't you think?

Yeah, I usually avoid this place after a loss/poor performance, so much utter bollocks is spouted, today's no exception I notice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There was a lot worse than Andy Whing and Dean Cox.

D

Deleted member 18477

Easier to get too :moo:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Is it possible to have a wrong opinion?

What's that got to do with anything? Thousands of us paid money and spent time in the wind and rain last night to watch our football team. At the time, you were 2,000 miles away, just like you are for every match. Obviously where somebody wants to live is much more important than a football team, so fair play to you for going out there, but please don't try and pretend you've got anything of any value to say about BHAFC. It's all just one big stab in the dark.

Again an EPIC FAIL... I dont think I gave an opinion on last night's game.... where did I? I am commenting on how people start making doom-laden comments after one game or two games... personally I think that comment can be made anywhere in the world. Feel free to correct me if in this thread I have made any comment about that game that is mine and not reporting someone elses. Then you will be right and I will apologise. Otherwise, check your facts first.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Easier to get too :moo:
Didn't have to pay £10 for a paper ticket. It was more peaceful. We won more titles there. We were more at one with nature.

Moving was a mistake, and we were laughed at when we told you, but now you're beginning to see we were right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here