Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A moan (shock! horror!)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not going to complain about the match today, I'd happily take 46 fairly dull 1-0 wins next season!!!!!!!!

BUT

Our fans today.

ABSOLUTE PLEBS.

1) "down in 5 minutes" "down in 4 minutes" etc, etc. No, they aren't. f***ing MONGS. Can't they do simple maths?

2) "drinking pints of sherry, Calderon" - sorry, but that's not funny. There's lots of chants you could fit "inigo" or "calderon" to, instead of making a mess of an old but genuinely good song about mcghee.

3) Arismendi songs. Er, Navarro and Dicker have played all season. How about singing their name, rather than a bloke who has come in for the last handful of games?

4) Glenn Murray. Yeah ok, he didn't have much service today, and didn't do anything wrong. I love glenn Murray, but there is no need to go balistic every time he touches the ball. Goons.

5) Sussex by the sea. Slow the f*** down - all that saliva obstructed my view of the game.

6) We're the left side/right side. Er, that's boring now. No need to do it at every sodding game since MK Dons last season.

Think that's all. Basically, today was like H block on a grander scale. Full of morons.

Good noise, just a shame about some of the utter SHIT being sung.

:clap:

I look forward to all the replies calling me a twat from people who actually agree with what i've said!

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
But when the home fans are silent then we have to manufacture the atmosphere amongst ourselves!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
But when the home fans are silent then we have to manufacture the atmosphere amongst ourselves!

The home fans were far from silent today though. Much as drummers are always annoying, the home fans against both Gillingham and Southend have both been bloody good. I'd like to see a group of people standing up and singing like that at Withdean rather than our pathetic excuse for a singing section!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Not going to complain about the match today, I'd happily take 46 fairly dull 1-0 wins next season!!!!!!!!

BUT

Our fans today.

ABSOLUTE PLEBS.

1) "down in 5 minutes" "down in 4 minutes" etc, etc. No, they aren't. f***ing MONGS. Can't they do simple maths?

2) "drinking pints of sherry, Calderon" - sorry, but that's not funny. There's lots of chants you could fit "inigo" or "calderon" to, instead of making a mess of an old but genuinely good song about mcghee.

3) Arismendi songs. Er, Navarro and Dicker have played all season. How about singing their name, rather than a bloke who has come in for the last handful of games?

4) Glenn Murray. Yeah ok, he didn't have much service today, and didn't do anything wrong. I love glenn Murray, but there is no need to go balistic every time he touches the ball. Goons.

5) Sussex by the sea. Slow the f*** down - all that saliva obstructed my view of the game.

6) We're the left side/right side. Er, that's boring now. No need to do it at every sodding game since MK Dons last season.

Think that's all. Basically, today was like H block on a grander scale. Full of morons.

I look forward to all the replies calling me a twat from people who actually agree with what i've said!

1c- I got told they were down, didn't have a way of checking the tabel, so went along with it. :shrug:

2 - If we are going to sing that utter shit Calderon song I'd rather we had "Sipping on sambuca" than drinking pints of sherry :(

3 - Navarro did have a song today unless my mind is playing tricks but I do agree, if any new player deserves a song then it should be Barnes or we could even think of some good songs for some of our older players.

4 - Glen Murray songs are better than Lua Lua songs which are sung everytime he runs really fast :facepalm:

5 - 100% Agree. :clap:

6 - Shame it will be started this year at dongs, it was a one off and won't be that good again. :cry:

Anyone who disagrees with you is a PILLOCK. (People will disagree though, cos your WW and it's what happens on NSC. :rolleyes:)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For once, WW, I completely agree with you. I was one of the few not singing "down in 5 minutes" having checked the table before ko.

Also, the "we are staying up" was again embarassing because this has never been in any doubt.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

BUT

Our fans today.

ABSOLUTE PLEBS.

Not passing comment on what was being sung at the match as i wasn't able to make it there but a genuine question - which is better in your opinion, having our fans singing something (even if they are shit songs) or them just watching the match in relative silence (like at Withdean) and not getting behind the team, trying to encourage them onto victory?

Maybe they just went to have a good time, encourage the team and show their support and to enjoy themselves, and maybe they tried to achieve this by singing these songs, so unless people come up with better ones then it will probably continue for some time regardless of how cringeworthy they may be to some people.

Enough people moan about how bad the atmosphere at home games are, so is trying to discourage people from making an atmosphere at away games the right thing to do. - Home atmosphere = poor, results = poor, Away atmosphere = good, results = good, so maybe thats a contributing factor to our form?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
You're a total twat.

The fans know when they are taking the piss. Everyone knew we weren't going to relegate Southend today but it was a good laugh to wind them up.

What are you moaning about. Albion fans enjoying a good day out. That's all it was. Stop being a moaning wanker. If you don't like it just f*** off and support someone else.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
You're a total twat.

The fans know when they are taking the piss. Everyone knew we weren't going to relegate Southend today but it was a good laugh to wind them up.

What are you moaning about. Albion fans enjoying a good day out. That's all it was. Stop being a moaning wanker. If you don't like it just f*** off and support someone else.

Im sure you would be more than happy to make that illiterate rant to the correspondents face......................

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
You're a total twat.

:thumbsup: It's call being a supporter, if you don't like it do what he say's & f##k off :tosser:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
May I take it, then, WW, that you never sing any song which contains factual inaccuracies, which would rule out the following:

P A L A C E, Stevie Coppell's got VD (I think we would have read about it in the press)

Brighton and Hove Albion....."they're by far the best team the world has ever seen (compared with say, Brazil 1970, Holland 1974, France, 1998, they ain't)

You're not scary any more - at Millwall. Maybe less scary, but they are still somewhat scary.

I didn't join in any of the chants you mentioned yesterday, but it is football, it is passion, fact and objectivity go out of the window.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

BUT

Our fans today.

ABSOLUTE PLEBS.

Never ever have I agreed so much with a post!

We walked out the ground saying the same thing.

I love the albion so much and theres no doubting its not all our fans, as we have some really dedicated hard core fans who did so much for Falmer and the goldstone ground.

But overall, who else finds our songs really boring and non original?

Same old mono tone crap being sung out week after week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here