Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A mIssed opportunity?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not according to Jimmy Skaville it would seem.

So come on then, I have to ask. Given the news that Propper was in fact injured and Bissouma only had a half in him, do you feel any differently now? Schellotto and Jahanbakhsh were on the bench and they simply can’t be match fit and we’re not risked. Murray clearly is carrying an injury. I’d say that is bare bones. Feeling any less incensed about the team selection on Wednesday? Even a little :lolol:?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So come on then, I have to ask. Given the news that Propper was in fact injured and Bissouma only had a half in him, do you feel any differently now? Schellotto and Jahanbakhsh were on the bench and they simply can’t be match fit and we’re not risked. Murray clearly is carrying an injury. I’d say that is bare bones. Feeling any less incensed about the team selection on Wednesday? Even a little :lolol:?

I was never incensed, but if that suits your narrative then fill your boots.
Now, given that Mooy and Bissouma were not match fit do you still not believe that some game time would have been helpful midweek? Also, if Jahanbakhsh and Schelotto were on the bench, but as you say, simply can’t be match fit, surely they would have also benefited from some minutes against Vi..... oh what’s the point, we’re not going to agree.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was never incensed, but if that suits your narrative then fill your boots.
Now, given that Mooy and Bissouma were not match fit do you still not believe that some game time would have been helpful midweek? Also, if Jahanbakhsh and Schelotto were on the bench, but as you say, simply can’t be match fit, surely they would have also benefited from some minutes against Vi..... oh what’s the point, we’re not going to agree.

One by one, were each of the following injured/ill for the Villa game?:

Ryan
Dunk
Burn
Webster
Montoya
Bissouma
Stephens
Alzate
Gross
Maupay
Murray
Mooy

My instinct says not, but I stand to be corrected by an ITK.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Ryan
Dunk
Burn
Webster
Montoya
Bissouma
Stephens
Alzate
Gross
Maupay
Murray
Mooy

Wasn't there something in The Argus about Stephens nicking himself shaving?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Ryan - button the cup keeper
Dunk - fit.
Burn - one of only two left footed players fit, the other played
Webster - see Montoya, plus one of only four fit centre halves at the club until that night when Duffy’s injury made it three
Montoya - the only senior right back at the club bar webster. Why risk him?
Bissouma - was declared not fit enough to start by SCR. Managed 45 minutes on Saturday. Not match fit
Stephens - tonilitis
Alzate - fit, but an U23 anyway so that wouldn’t have appeased any of you and he’s filling in on the left (see Burn)
Gross - everyone’s questioning his stamina so three games in a week...?
Maupay - declared unfit due to an infection on a cut on his knee
Murray - allegedly a risk as a sub for Newcastle due to an injury. Don’t know details
Mooy - fit, but the same stamina question marks as gross. Managed a pedestrian hours work out yesterday and presumably the club knew he was needed after propper was injured

I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again - we’re down to the bare bones. We had Connolly, Alzate and Baluta in the 18 yesterday. I know Potter has a rep for bringing through kids but there is no way that would have happened already if it wasn’t for the multitude of injuries. We have four left sided players out.

There is no way AJ and Schellotto can be match fit, yet they were on the bench yesterday. That’s desperation from the club. Would anyone have been happier on Wednesday seeing these two struggle like Bissouma did yesterday and need to be subbed off at half time?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here