Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message to the thieving, so called Seagull fan.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
How can this be construed as 'libel' or whatever the correct form of the word would be?

It can't. Mention someone's name and I guess it could.

Edit: Beaten to it.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Probably not the best time to post a new thread on the evening of a game,but here goes.I have been waiting a long time to get this off my chest.After the evening match against Reading I went with six others for a 'Harveys' in the Brasserie to try to deaden our pain! I put my £67.00 Brighton & Hove Albion winter coat on the back of a seat no more the three feet from me. When Gus came on the tv we wandered over to try to hear him. You can fecking guess the rest! So,to the scumbag/tw#t/pr##k/low life piece of sh#t,and insert any other description after this yourselves, I can tell you I spent a pleasant hour the following day going through CCTV in the West Reception. Guess what? your ugly mug came up and we also know how you got out without being noticed. So, in case you have the brains to see and understand this, DON'T fecking wear it, and I suggest you do NOT go to Brasserie/Dicks or anywhere else this coming season - seven of us know what you look like! :rant::rant:

Sorry to hear that your match was ruined by a scum-bag. It looks like you were robbed twice. Unless it was better quality that the things from there I was given for birthday presents last year. Did the Club provide a replacement or any gesture?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As I ran down to the station & my son and mates ran up to the buses I passed two of our finest: Their reply: Phone Headquarters and get a crime number! Yere WTF! They new and I knew I would not be seeing my coat again.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'd be amazed if anyone on NSC was remotely responsible. The person would have to be a callous,
unfunny, unintelligble twonk.
Well, maybe not that out of the question on reflection! :)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
the 'libel warning' was posted as people were calling for a picture to be posted. posting a picture of someone whilst accusing them of theft would be libel.

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Whist he may be a complete low life for stealing the coat, threatening to beat him up on a internet forum probably isn't the best way to go about if you have CCTV....

Dec 29, 2011
the 'libel warning' was posted as people were calling for a picture to be posted. posting a picture of someone whilst accusing them of theft would be libel.

Thanks for clearing it up, however if you had evidence they nicked the coat it's not libel, surely? (Such as the famous iPad stolen thread).

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a thoroughly shite state of affairs. I hope that scumbag gets nicked before you & your mates catch up with him (as you surely will at some point).

Bearing in mind you've identified the toe-rag on CCTV, what are the chances of him getting a visit from the local Constabulary? Presumably it'll depend on him having some 'previous' or being known for some other reason by the Cops?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Ack, I feel your pain as I've lost an entire rail of coats in clubs this year. Surely the best way is to give the security honchos at the stadium his picture and ask them to keep an eye out?

My chum reckoned he had a scarf he bought in the shop before the game pinched during the Chelsea match. I feel a bit bad for laughing at the idea now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's crap and a shitty thing to do.

But then again making yourself a target and not taking responsibility for your own actions is a little silly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You would think however that amongst fellow fans in bar at The 'Community' Stadium, people wouldn't feel the need to rob. Thieving bastard!
Totally agree.
But just because we all support the same team, doesn't mean we all have the same moral compass.

In all fairness I'd have probably done the same, but would have cursed my own stupidity, not come on here swinging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here