Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message to the plastics

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This will be self policed, I cant imagine anyone being that stupid just because it's new brickwork it does not mean the laws of football change, I'm not a violent person but this would tip me over the edge

I suggest any non Albion shirtwearers in the WSU are tipped over the edge.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Years ago a group of about 15 to 20 odd fans gathered in the North Stand,every game they were there,always in the same place,they were the biggest set of plastics i'd ever come across-they would always,and i hasten to add, shamelessly,and at the top of their collective voices sang........

Eastbourne ners la la la........ Eastbourne ners la la la........ Eastbourne ners la la la........ Eastbourne ners la la la........

We're at Brighton i chuckled:jester:

That's true I grant you, but in fairness to them, we all did it. I was part of the Portslade gang and we used to sing about Portslade. But we all supported the Albion, both us and the Eastbourne crew. It was just a laugh.

But back to Butterballs original post, No body should be admitted wearing any other league clubs shirt. I have no problem with International shirts though.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
This was a celebration of ending 14 years without a dedicated home , travelling to Gilingham an withdean with this day in mind .Why cant other fans clebrate with us as i have said before as long as they pay the entrance fee i could not care less what they wear

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Should not be allowed to enter the stadium.

We are Brighton, and we have an identity.

f*** Man U, f*** Man City, f*** Chelsea, f*** Arsenal, f*** em' all.

Seagulls shit on em' all.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
But back to Butterballs original post, No body should be admitted wearing any other league clubs shirt. I have no problem with International shirts though.

I would agree with this to a degree...foreign league teams are OK in my opinion, if they are blue and white stripes then all the better, or an international shirt paying homage to an Albion player...though personally I wouldn't wear international colours for anyone I wasn't qualified to play for.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's true I grant you, but in fairness to them, we all did it. I was part of the Portslade gang and we used to sing about Portslade. But we all supported the Albion, both us and the Eastbourne crew. It was just a laugh.

Hence the Jester-your forgot to mention Hayward's Heath & Lancing-still given there history between them, best keep them apart i say.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I agree but be cautious.

Yesterday I could see the guy in front off me was wearing his jeans down to his knees. I hate that but this time I hated it even more as I swear he was wearing palace pants. So I followed him to the toilets and peered over the cubical. When I returned to my seat I had 3 stewards waiting for me and I was ejected from the crowd. Funny thing was i wasn't wearing any pants.

Last edited:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I would agree with this to a degree...foreign league teams are OK in my opinion, if they are blue and white stripes then all the better, or an international shirt paying homage to an Albion player...though personally I wouldn't wear international colours for anyone I wasn't qualified to play for.

British League Club shirts should be banned outright. Foreign ones not so sure, I've never really been tempted to wear my AEL shirt to a Brighton game, or a Brighton shirt to an AEL game for that matter (although the latter would be really silly given that their local rivals Apollon also wear blue and white!).

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
British League Club shirts should be banned outright. Foreign ones not so sure, I've never really been tempted to wear my AEL shirt to a Brighton game, or a Brighton shirt to an AEL game for that matter (although the latter would be really silly given that their local rivals Apollon also wear blue and white!).

How about a Porto shirt, they play in blue and white stripes. I have definitely worn a Western Province rugby shirt to an Albion game, although the stripes go the other way and I don't even like rugby, I only bought it because it was blue and white!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Community stadium? that said i agree with the OP.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Again Why ?

It's just not in keeping with good etiquette really. It shows a lack of respect and is rather impudent.

Being a football fan, to me, is being part of a community. Much the same as any collective; work, school, mods or rockers. If you wear clothing that goes against any given collective, you are usually going to ruffle a few feathers.

This idea that Fans United is similar is wrong. That was a day organised by the football world showing support to the Albion. These silly individuals that were in attendance yesterday were obviously not there to support us. By all means, come to the AMEX and enjoy your non-Chelsea day out, but don't be a dickhead a wear a shirt that has NO place in our home!

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
It's just not in keeping with good etiquette really. It shows a lack of respect and is rather impudent.

Being a football fan, to me, is being part of a community. Much the same as any collective; work, school, mods or rockers. If you wear clothing that goes against any given collective, you are usually going to ruffle a few feathers.

This idea that Fans United is similar is wrong. That was a day organised by the football world showing support to the Albion. These silly individuals that were in attendance yesterday were obviously not there to support us. By all means, come to the AMEX and enjoy your non-Chelsea day out, but don't be a dickhead a wear a shirt that has NO place in our home!

Good reply well explained without resorting to abuse . Thankyou

So it was Ok for fans united when we were in the sh*t but now we are big time charlies we no longer welcome other supporters to our ground ,as they are all "Plastics" ,,, Knob

Fans United was a one off, it was an organised event so supporters of all clubs everywhere could come together to show the Boards of ALL clubs, not just ours, that as supporters we were not going to just sit idly by and watch the money men destroy parts of peoples lives.

And yes supporters of other clubs are welcome at our home, no other club has gone to the legnths we have to accomodate them.

Wearing another clubs colours in the home areas is not the done thing, it displays a lack of respect and intelligence.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fans United was a one off, it was an organised event so supporters of all clubs everywhere could come together to show the Boards of ALL clubs, not just ours, that as supporters we were not going to just sit idly by and watch the money men destroy parts of peoples lives.

Fair point, I didn't make our fans united game due to being several thousand miles away, but did go to a similar event in aid of Clydebank a year or so later. However, travelling to and from a game in Dumbarton from my home in Edinburgh resplendant in the stripes was something of an achievement...I did get a few strange looks but fortunately nothing too threatening!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here