Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A message to the plastics

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually that's a valid point. Technically it wasn't a 'Brighton' game yesterday, we just happened to reach the final.

Exactly.

I rather enjoyed a JCL in the WSU talking to his mate that Brighton will really struggle in the championship playing this style of football with these players.

I kindly pointed out it was our reserve team (which seemed to surprise him) and we won League one playing passing football

See above, it wasn't a Brighton home game, it was a county final. Many of the people in there wouldn't have been fans of either clubs, so the person you're referring to was quite right, our reserves would struggle in the Championship...

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Went with a couple of German mates to Southend away 10 or so years back, and they were wearing their Werder Bremen tops. Didn't even think it would be an issue at the time, and in fact not one person seemed to mind.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Exactly.

See above, it wasn't a Brighton home game, it was a county final. Many of the people in there wouldn't have been fans of either clubs, so the person you're referring to was quite right, our reserves would struggle in the Championship...

Yeah I know but he seemed completely oblivious that it was a reserve game and he was a "fan" as he was commenting on how good his season ticket seats were

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I cannot understand why anybody (with the exception of away supporters, obviously) would turn up at The Amex wearing another teams colours whether or not they are JCL's, JCB's or long standing fans FFS!

Surely common sense should prevail when you are getting dressed in the morning for crying out loud!

Would you turn up for duty wearing army gear when you are in the RAF?

Would you turn up for work wearing a Unigate uniform whilst being employed by the CO-OP?

Or for the younger fans...

Would you turn up at your school wearing the uniform of another school?

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT? :rant::rant::rant: over!!!

DanielT

If you're wearing another team's shirt to wind people up, you'll probably do more than just stand/sit there. Makes me think of the Cracker episode where ... what's his name... trainspotting nutcase... anyway.. he was in the manc end wearing a liverpool top singing his scouse songs. Nut job

The photographer on Saturday in the palace shirt who hid it once he had the photo taken, he didn't want to start anything, he just wanted bragging rights to his mates later. again, nut job (on a lesser scale)

If you're wearing it and don't realise why it might make others confused when they see you, then you'll hopefully work it out soon. nut job, in a medical sense

Kids wearing other colours is their parent's fault, and child abuse is illegal, and these parents should be facing a criminal charge

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There used to be a ballboy at the Goldstone who wore a Portsmouth shirt. That made me quite cross.
Also, some twat turned up at Withdean towards the end of last season in a Liverpool away shirt with Cole on the back. Surely arrestable behaviour.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I cannot understand why anybody (with the exception of away supporters, obviously) would turn up at The Amex wearing another teams colours whether or not they are JCL's, JCB's or long standing fans FFS!

Surely common sense should prevail when you are getting dressed in the morning for crying out loud!

Would you turn up for work wearing a Unigate uniform whilst being employed by the CO-OP?

Some might argue that they aren't "showing up for duty/work/school"...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think they should be outed. Whenver you see one at the AMEX take a photo and post it on this thread. And then we can ridicule them, find out where they live, and shit through their letterbox.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Am i a plastic as i used to support a different club, that said im not really fussed what people call me.

You're only plastic if you turn at the AMEX with your Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Man Utd/Spurs shirt on. If you've converted to the Albion then good on you, but don't still cling on to the premiership shirt.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
You're only plastic if you turn at the AMEX with your Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Man Utd/Spurs shirt on. If you've converted to the Albion then good on you, but don't still cling on to the premiership shirt.

This!

As far as I am concerned there is absolutely no reason/excuse for wearing any other teams colours on a matchday at The Amex.....Simples, end of thread, end of discussion!

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
MP and DK are SAS trained snipers - simply they will shoot at sight from the West anybody approaching the hallowed ground and be within their rights. Justifiable grounds since TB has spent £100m to make it all happen. A few shootings of chavvy nomark twats is small beer in comparison and definately within the law.
The judges vedict - no less than tresspass and they had no right to be there.
I would happilly man the West Stand ramparts with an AK 47 and deter any unwelcome invaders in alien shirts.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

Im in the RAF and ive spent 50% of my career in 'Army Greens' as appose to 'RAF Blues' so possibly not the greatest example.

Moving on though, turning up at Falmer from Aug 6th onwards in any other replica kit other then ours is completely unacceptable.

Id be inclined to let the SSC go in all fairness due to the nature of the game but once the serious stuff starts then this surely needs to be monitored.

sammy g

I can honestly say that apart from "Fans United" i do not remember seeing any other shirts at The Goldstone.

Where were they in the ground?

I do. I remember an Albion fan (former Stringer pupil) wrote an article in When Saturday Comes about the issue in the early nineties, obviously this is not just an Albion problem but he wrote specifically about the problem at The Goldstone.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If you are going to come to 'support' us, please at least have the respect not to wear a Spurs or Liverpool shirt or any other replica for that matter. I saw two of these yesterday in the home fans :censored:

Sitting in my beautiful shiny new season ticket seat in the North Stand on Saturday, three young lads came and sat smack in front of me one wearing a Liverpool shirt and one wearing a Chelsea shirt and tracksuit top ! The other a crap stripey jumper which i can forgive (just)
Bugger off to Stamford Bridge or Anfield and let someone else who's a real Brighton fan have your seats (not that it was full admittedly) i do detest these " well Brighton are my second team" after Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd type of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here