Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Liverpool Ticket Quandry

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
ok - here's the situation...I have 1 Adult and 1 Under 18 season ticket.

I have 2 sons (aged 10 & 12) who share the Under 18 season ticket.

Because son 2 shares the season ticket with son 1, he has no loyalty points.

I bought 1 season ticket, not because I'm a tightwad, but because I couldn't afford to spend an extra £10 per month - which I now regret.

I rung the ticket office to be told that I could either wait until all tickets go on general sale and buy 3 tickets or buy 2 tickets as per my STH entitlement and then 1 for my 10 year old when they go on general sale but with no guarantee that he would be sitting in the same stand as me.

For info, my 10 year old has missed just 1 game this season as he has shared with my eldest and then borrowed a friends Under 10's ticket...

I just wanted opinions on this...I realise that STH's should get priority over those who've never been to the Amex. But in this circumstance, I feel slightly aggrieved that there is no flexibility for parents with children who share season tickets.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Easy - just take your favourite one :wink:

(I have similar in that my son can't make every match, so when he can't i take my father. They arm-wrestled for the Liverpool game and my 17 year old son beat my 84 year old father !)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I bought 1 season ticket, not because I'm a tightwad, but because I couldn't afford to spend an extra £10 per month - which I now regret.

I rung the ticket office to be told that I could either wait until all tickets go on general sale and buy 3 tickets or buy 2 tickets as per my STH entitlement and then 1 for my 10 year old when they go on general sale but with no guarantee that he would be sitting in the same stand as me.

For info, my 10 year old has missed just 1 game this season as he has shared with my eldest and then borrowed a friends Under 10's ticket...

I just wanted opinions on this...I realise that STH's should get priority over those who've never been to the Amex. But in this circumstance, I feel slightly aggrieved that there is no flexibility for parents with children who share season tickets.

How could there be? How do they know that your '1 child' is really 2 children sharing? This same situation applies to hundreds of people. I have 1 Adult and 2 U-16s for our family. Sometimes the Adult is me, sometimes its my wife. Should they magic up an extra Adult ticket for us, too?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
How could there be? How do they know that your '1 child' is really 2 children sharing? This same situation applies to hundreds of people. I have 1 Adult and 2 U-16s for our family. Sometimes the Adult is me, sometimes its my wife. Should they magic up an extra Adult ticket for us, too?

Chill out - I only asked for an opinion not an argument...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, the club are right.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I cannot see why you are upset - you have two season tickets, why should that entitle you priority for three seats.

Anyway, I would ring the club up on Friday as they should be able to tell you the uptake in STH seats, if its low your area then take the risk, if its not accept one son may get a special present for missing the game.

Its a school night so I would guess there will be a few tickets left in that section, especially being on tv and with Leeds on the Friday night.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chill out - I only asked for an opinion not an argument...

Sorry.. that probably came over more aggresively in print, than it was intended!

You asked for opinions though. Did you only want ones that you agreed with?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hi, I can't go the Liverpool game and have 70 loyalty points. If the OP, or anyone else who has posted on this thread wants to wait until they go on sale to those with 60 points or more, PM me your fan number, surname, postcode and I'll add you to my Friends and Family :thumbsup: I'll take you off again when you've got the ticket. It will be a full-price adult ticket of course.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Just explain to them (or one of them, possibly an easier sell to the older one) that as a Brighton fan, Palace is a much bigger game, so he should be happy to sacrifice Liverpool to see that one the following week. :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's still the next round, or the FA cup, maybe risk it now, on the understanding that if one of them miss out on this game, they will get the next big game.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
HarryHill_fight.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Game of Russian Roulette ;)

It's a dilemma , given it's a possible late night one - which of them has the less important focus in the morning school wise?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'd buy your ST entitlement, then on general sale go for either 1 near you (assuming the boys could probably sit together with you close by), or try to get 3 together and see if anyone then wants your ST seats, bound to be some takers, friends, family etc.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
OR buy a massive coat and have one sit on the others shoulders to get in?

or a massive shirt and claims they are Siamese twins?

or..

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Don't take any of them, sell it and make some money to add to a 3rd season ticket:whistle:

hp1991

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
It is tricky now with the loyalty scheme but I guess its fair...I do think (as have other fans I have spoken to) that STH's should be able to purchase another 2 tickets for friends/family...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is tricky now with the loyalty scheme but I guess its fair...I do think (as have other fans I have spoken to) that STH's should be able to purchase another 2 tickets for friends/family...

But there are 18,000 season ticket holders, and only 2,000 spare seats! I'm not sure you've thought that through...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here