Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A levels - How did you do?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Well, I'll guess at either St Andrews or Edinburgh, but I'm guessing you're not gonna tell me. I appreciate what you mean regarding history's competitiveness, especially when (sorry if I sound really arrogant here, but I'm merely using myself as an example to make my point) someone can get 7 A*s at GSCE and only get two university offers a little over a year later.

I think many students in a situation similar to mine recognise that they will get a top quality education wherever they go so try to base their decision more on other factors such as the location and just how the place feels to them

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Notters said:
"Secondly, it's in Preston. The first bypass built in the UK was built around Preston, and that basically says it all. "

I don't think that's true... the M6 preston bypass was the first MOTORWAY in Britain, opening in about 1968.

Indeed you are totally correct Notters, the Preston by-pass, now the M6 was the original motorway.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
"The former is a very good university, but one with a VC who seems hellbent on destroying it. In particular, he has been attempting to find ways to cut staff-student contact hours. Students are, due to the government's current funding structures, somewhat uneconomic for a uni like Nottingham - they need research money, so they need to find ways to make sure their staff don't waste time on such petty things as teaching (that's Campbell's management ethos speaking, by the way - not mine!). Having said that, the staff at Nottingham are, on the whole, very good, and are resisting Campbell's philistinism at all turns. It might mean that Nottingham will be particularly prone to strikes over the next few years, though."

Tell me about it... just graduated from there. 5 hours of lectures a week was a joke, but I had a great time! Beautiful campus, probably the 3rd best City in England (after Brighton and London, of course). There was a strike before easter, for a while they thought our graduation was going to be postponed!!! Anyway, hopefully I'll go back there to do my masters next year.

As well as Rock City, don't miss the Rescue Rooms and the Cookie Club :clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fatbadger said:
Lammy & Steph.

A-levels don't mean f*** all. They meant f*** all for what happened in your lives, but they have got other people into Uni. For them, A-levels meant a lot.

Sorry I must have missed the bit where I said they meant f*** all?

All I was saying is that there are always other options available if things don't quite turn out how you would like them.

Now please climb down off that very tall horse...

Lammy said:
Sorry I must have missed the bit where I said they meant f*** all?

All I was saying is that there are always other options available if things don't quite turn out how you would like them.

Now please climb down off that very tall horse...

Apologies if I sounded like I was on a high horse! No offence intended.

I supposed I was confused by your posting in which you quoted Steph saying 'Seriously A levels mean f*** all' and then wrote 'very true'. ;)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ben andrews girlfriend said:
arent you a twat of the highest order. just do us all a favour ytou wanker and f*** off

I'm with you here BAG, very well put.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fatbadger said:
Apologies if I sounded like I was on a high horse! No offence intended.

I supposed I was confused by your posting in which you quoted Steph saying 'Seriously A levels mean f*** all' and then wrote 'very true'. ;)

Sorry again.

I was saying very true to the fact that there are other options. Not to the f*** all bit. This wasn't clear from my original post.

Carry on...

:dunce:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Congrats to all who got their results today.

Samparish you will love Exeter. I spent 3 of the best years of my life at Uni there. Had loads of friends who did History there and they all spoke very highly of the department.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
arent you a twat of the highest order. just do us all a favour ytou wanker and f*** off

Well put BAG.
I've never done A levels, but I suffered alongside my four kids while they were doing theirs, so I know from experience how much blood sweat and tears are involved. So, congrats to you and everyone on NSC who got their results today.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yep students spend to much time being lazy and getting into debt and pissed up all the time.Yeah great qualifications really do mean a great job in the future NOT???

To many people spend 5-7 years pissing around not knowing what they want to do.Trainee in there 20s really funny that is.

Anyway i hope some of you do make it to the promise land,but far many more will not.:)

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Jesus what a day!! Just got in from getting my results this morning and spending about 5 hours in the pub, got 2 c's in English and Business studies and then a d in history (just a tad pissed off about) and a d in my psychology AS that I took this year, which gave ne about 250 UCAS points and my sports journalism course I needed 300 points anyway they're still letting me on the course!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
bhafc4eva said:
Haven't you got a big head bag, accept your thicker than you thought with grace.

To$$er, who are you to talk ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
zefarelly said:
you can do the sex drugs and rock and roll while you work as well you dont have to be a lazy sponging burden to society

No you bloody well can't - we are subject to random drug testing at work, a practice taken up quite alot these days in private industry.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
B english (deserved an a)
B General studies (subject doesnt count for shit)
C German (again deserved an a)
E french (shit teachers that i didnt get on with)

:angry:

Well done BAG good results,take no notice of the dickhead trying to wind you up.I know exactly what you mean about not getting on with teachers,they are such hard people to get on with go all educational.I couldn't get on with any of mine,some wouldn't let me in their classes to even try the subject.
You only have to look at Wilko as far as teachers go.Now what pupil could ever get on with him.Unless you're about 16 good looking,ok you might qualify on that score but you're female.

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Well done to everyone who took A levels this year. Hope you get the courses/places that you want.:wave:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Bobby's Gull said:
Jesus what a day!! Just got in from getting my results this morning and spending about 5 hours in the pub, got 2 c's in English and Business studies and then a d in history (just a tad pissed off about) and a d in my psychology AS that I took this year, which gave ne about 250 UCAS points and my sports journalism course I needed 300 points anyway they're still letting me on the course!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!

Well Done BG. I might even buy you a drink to celebrate!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Del Boy said:
I failed AS level. Anyone get an a?

No one gives a f*** how you did in your A levels (except maybe your parents).

I got 2 B's and a C in 1987 and they were tonnes harder then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here