Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A levels - How did you do?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
fatbadger said:
I didn't see 'typing' in her list of qualifications, did you?

Well done, BAG, by the way. Are you planning on Uni? Doing what? Where?

its only my as' at the moment, but im planning to go to nottingham to do a course in social and cultural studies that looks really interesting. And the night life is CLASS

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
bhafc4eva said:
Haven't you got a big head bag, accept your thicker than you thought with grace.

come on mate, is now really the time to try and get a rise out of someone? what a big brave man you are, idiot.

which is all besides the point cos Laura did WELL anyway just not as WELL as she maybe could have but still BBC is good i think. :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's only half time BAG so plenty of time to turn it around in the areas that need tightening.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
none of BAGS areas need tightening i thought :)

I didnt do A levels. Couldnt wait to escape from school. Had a job to goto even before I had taken my Gcse's.

Last edited:

Well, good luck with your next series of qualifications!

Nottingham or Nottingham Trent?

The former is a very good university, but one with a VC who seems hellbent on destroying it. In particular, he has been attempting to find ways to cut staff-student contact hours. Students are, due to the government's current funding structures, somewhat uneconomic for a uni like Nottingham - they need research money, so they need to find ways to make sure their staff don't waste time on such petty things as teaching (that's Campbell's management ethos speaking, by the way - not mine!). Having said that, the staff at Nottingham are, on the whole, very good, and are resisting Campbell's philistinism at all turns. It might mean that Nottingham will be particularly prone to strikes over the next few years, though.

Nottingham Trent is good, too.

And Nottingham is a great town if you're young!

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
bhafc4eva said:
Haven't you got a big head bag, accept your thicker than you thought with grace.

You SON are a ****

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
fatbadger said:
Well, good luck with your next series of qualifications!

Nottingham or Nottingham Trent?

The former is a very good university, but one with a VC who seems hellbent on destroying it. In particular, he has been attempting to find ways to cut staff-student contact hours. Students are, due to the government's current funding structures, somewhat uneconomic for a uni like Nottingham - they need research money, so they need to find ways to make sure their staff don't waste time on such petty things as teaching (that's Campbell's management ethos speaking, by the way - not mine!). Having said that, the staff at Nottingham are, on the whole, very good, and are resisting Campbell's philistinism at all turns. It might mean that Nottingham will be particularly prone to strikes over the next few years, though.

Nottingham Trent is good, too.

And Nottingham is a great town if you're young!

yeah its the main nottingham. thanks for saying that, i hadnt heard that before!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Don't know you personally BAG but I really would treat that rubbish with contempt it deserves.

carry on with what you are doing and ignore drivel such as that.

remember, people who mock others are simply desperate to cover up their own glaring inadequacies.

Live the dream!!

PS Nottingham is class. It is full of beautiful women. (And when I was there men)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
BAG: Don't go to Sunderland Uni ... it's crap.

My daughter Tan starts at Plymouth Uni next month. She was down yesterday sorting accommodation and rang to say it's fantastic!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nottingham is a blinding city to study in, I went there and came back with nothing but had a bloody good time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I sterted mine in Sept 1987 . . . .did about 2 months, got bored, left, got a proper job and did an apprentiship, and never looked back . . . one of the best decisions I ever made.

too many people are over qualified on paper and good for nothing in the workplace these days.

zefarelly said:
I sterted mine in Sept 1987 . . . .did about 2 months, got bored, left, got a proper job and did an apprentiship, and never looked back . . . one of the best decisions I ever made.

too many people are over qualified on paper and good for nothing in the workplace these days.

That's me, but I still get paid!

Well done BAG. Everything I here about Notts Uni is v.good.

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
Digweeds Trousers said:
Do not go to Goldsmiths. It is full of pseudo-trendly lefties who give you grief for not being a lesbian.

I'll be starting my second year at Goldsmiths in September. No one, as of yet, has given me grief for not being a lesbian (perhaps because I'm a bloke). It's certainly a weird place, but very relaxed and all of my tutors are pretty damn good at what they do.

Steph

Jul 26, 2004
Bognor
Seriously A levels mean f*@k all.
I got a C in Biology, E in Maths and failed History.
I am now doing my PhD in Biochemistry at Sussex university. It might take a little longer but you can still do what you wanted to, there are ways round it.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If it doesn't work out grades-wise you can always apply to the same university, but a different course, through clearing. Then once you're in your first term transfer accross to the one you originally wanted :thumbsup:

Last edited:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Don't go to Greenwich Uni. I did (for a bit) but got annoyed at having about 10% of lessons cancelled with no notice.

:angry:

Uni isn't the be all and end all anyway. Decide what you want to do with your life before collecting a £15,000 debt for a degree you might not really want/need.

There's no rush, and a degree won't guaruntee you the job you want anyway. Better to get work experience - cheaper and you make professional contacts.

Good luck!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
well done Bag - shame they weren't as you hoped but like DTG says sometimes these things are sent to motivate us on to bigger and better things...

I failed a subject at University and when I did the retake I got a High Distinction!! thats motivation for you...

:clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ezekiel Rowe said:
I'll be starting my second year at Goldsmiths in September. No one, as of yet, has given me grief for not being a lesbian (perhaps because I'm a bloke). It's certainly a weird place, but very relaxed and all of my tutors are pretty damn good at what they do.

Do you live in New Cross?

:drink:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
well done to everyone who passed stuff today,

bha4eva, what's your problem? From your posts you are obviously as thick as pig shit, but getting arsey just cos others are cleverer than you is f***ing childish aswell.

Have good night hanging round the bus shelter eh mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here