Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A great way to support the Albion

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Have just got home , to find 4 e-mails addressed to me from the Club,
with the headline;........."A great way to support the Albion"

Following the various threads over the last few days regarding stewarding....and "appropriate" support, I thought that the club, was at last responding to these issues.

However, the e-mails actually relate to requests for MORE MONEY...!! (sponsoring the players home and away kit.....for only....£650.00..!)

f***ing unbelievable...!

Is this all the hierachy at the club care about..?? More money...more money...more money.

How about the club addressing the concerns of many, about stewarding first...?...before sending out the MORE MONEY e-mails.

As always, the timing of this begging letter is appalling.

What f***ing planet is Ken Brown on....?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I don't see the problem.

The Club probably have 20-30,000 email addresses - send one to everyone, costs nothing, might get one or two takers on the Shirt Sponsorship front.

If you don't want to do it, just ignore the email.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Following the various threads over the last few days regarding stewarding....and "appropriate" support, I thought that the club, was at last responding to these issues.

However, the e-mails actually relate to requests for MORE MONEY...!! (sponsoring the players home and away kit.....for only....£650.00..!)

f***ing unbelievable...!

Is this all the hierachy at the club care about..?? More money...more money...more money.

How about the club addressing the concerns of many, about stewarding first...?...before sending out the MORE MONEY e-mails.

Not a problem - some people on here would be the first to complain if they didn't explore all avenues for revenue generation. You can always ignore them if you're not interested.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Do you really think the clubs marketing strategy revolves around whatever the lastest moan-up is on NSC ?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
i am happy to get the emails, and if i had the money i would def do it. Sounds cool.

But i don't, so i just read the email, wish i had loads of cash, and then delete the email.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
i am happy to get the emails, and if i had the money i would def do it. Sounds cool.

But i don't, so i just read the email, wish i had loads of cash, and then delete the email.

exactly...I'd be upset if Palarse emailed me but have no problem with the Albion doing it.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
What is the issue about stewarding anyway?
The ones at Withdean are alright, affable enough, and if you don't do anti-social or illegal stuff they never bother ya.
Okay so some of them look like nerds and munters, but that's a cross section of the general public at large too ain't it?

While we talk about kit and £££ though - the nicest kit I've seen has to be what the training staff and youth players are wearing in the North stands..... but it's NOT for sale in the shop!!
That's something the club has to sort out - I don't WANT the bogstandard zip-top in black or blue, I want the white jacket with black or blue trim and NOTHING else.
GET with it Brown, if you want to get dosh in for the club - don't keep the best gear only for a couple of dozen club staff!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Do you really think the clubs marketing strategy revolves around whatever the lastest moan-up is on NSC ?

Really..? Just NSC then is unhappy with the stewards actions recently..?

A "marketing strategy" would surely incorporate the mood of the market they are targetting wouldn't they...?

I am not complaining solely about the club trying to "raise" (is that better for you..?) more revenue...more the fact, that they are oblivious to the concerns of many about the stewarding......and more importantly, that many (yourself included) are rapidly becoming diis-illusioned with "football supporting" today.

The mood of many recently, is the despair of watching football in todays sanitised atmosphere.

It seems to me, the club is far more interested in "raising" money alone........and NOT dealing with issues important, to the basic survival of the club.

i.e.......... resolve the issues regarding stewarding, before the great Brighton public vote with their feet.

Sep 1, 2010
Cannot expect the club not to try and pursue as much revenue as they can. Falmer will raise the bar and everyone wants better players, so if they did not do this there would be bigger questions asked. May as well get used to it.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

f***ing unbelievable...!

You need to calm down a bit.

Excellent marketing by the club. Opportunities to sponsor players are usually snapped up by previous sponsors so this is a great chance to get involved.

The dinner at the end of the season is a good night as well.

Top work by the club.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Had you sent an email to the club about stewarding issues? Had you expected a reply?

Yes I have. However, it was more a statement of my opinion , rather than requesting a reply spouting the "party-line".

So, I don't require, or expect a reply.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
While we talk about kit and £££ though - the nicest kit I've seen has to be what the training staff and youth players are wearing in the North stands..... but it's NOT for sale in the shop!!
That's something the club has to sort out - I don't WANT the bogstandard zip-top in black or blue, I want the white jacket with black or blue trim and NOTHING else.
GET with it Brown, if you want to get dosh in for the club - don't keep the best gear only for a couple of dozen club staff!!

Have you sent an e-mail to Ken Brown and the clubs marketing department asking the question? If you have, did you get a response?

If you haven't, stop f**king moaning about it, draft up a letter or e-mail and send it to the club explaining that perhaps they're missing out on a revenue opportunity and see what they have to say.

If they think you're a cock, then you can have a moan, but until then actions speak louder than words. Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

What on earth are you suggesting man!

If we can be bothered to post this shit, you'd think that TB,Gus or whoever would at least take the time to consider the well thought out views given FREELY on here and incorpoate them into the 5 year plan!

Among my favourites are:

Real ale tweed jackets and horse brasses in the Albion Superfans Bar!

A 300 foot high statue of Dick like that one of Saddam in Baghdad

Stands named after NSC posters pets who did'nt live to see Falmer

Individually hand decorated seats for each STH

A Tunnel from mile oak to Falmer for the children.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You could always unsubscribe..........

Sep 1, 2010
There is a £95 million pound stadium round the corner big corporate sponsorship and major changes at the club at every level, you cannot expect all of that to happen without a corporate approach to raising funds themselves. It has to be this way. The club cannot be run like a tin pot outfit anymore. There will be issues and mistakes made along the but it is equallly important to feed this back in the correct manner too.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
No problem with them sending those e-mails. Lots of people support the Albion in lots of different ways. Some buy a season ticket, some buy merchandise, some listen to the games on the radio and go when they can. So some will see sponsoring a player as an additional way they can be involved. Hell even NSC sponsor a player. If your gonna moan you have to pick your battles. This isn't one of them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
christ that is some rant. Got two but after a quick look and my lack of funds the magic delete button came into play. To some it seems the club can never do right

f***ing unbelievable...!

you want sucsess and the club to have a soul? its not our club anymore,is that not clear:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here