Cristian Baz - Away Kit
Gary Dicker - Away Kit
Agustin Battipiedi - Home & Away Kit
Jamie Smith - Home & Away Kit
Chris Holroyd - Home & Away Kit
Michael Poke - Home & Away Kit
Andrew Whing - Home & Away Kit
Peter Bresovan - Away Kit

Some cracking names still looking for sponsorship!!! Holroyd, Poke, Whing anyone?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Have just got home , to find 4 e-mails addressed to me from the Club,
with the headline;........."A great way to support the Albion"

Following the various threads over the last few days regarding stewarding....and "appropriate" support, I thought that the club, was at last responding to these issues.

However, the e-mails actually relate to requests for MORE MONEY...!! (sponsoring the players home and away kit.....for only....£650.00..!)

f***ing unbelievable...!

Is this all the hierachy at the club care about..?? More money...more money...more money.

How about the club addressing the concerns of many, about stewarding first...?...before sending out the MORE MONEY e-mails.

As always, the timing of this begging letter is appalling.

What f***ing planet is Ken Brown on....?

I think you're mixing up the Sales and Marketing function with the Operations function. You really can't expect Marketing to stop just because a few dozen fans have complained about the stewarding.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Really..? Just NSC then is unhappy with the stewards actions recently..?

A "marketing strategy" would surely incorporate the mood of the market they are targetting wouldn't they...?

I am not complaining solely about the club trying to "raise" (is that better for you..?) more revenue...more the fact, that they are oblivious to the concerns of many about the stewarding......and more importantly, that many (yourself included) are rapidly becoming diis-illusioned with "football supporting" today.

The mood of many recently, is the despair of watching football in todays sanitised atmosphere.

It seems to me, the club is far more interested in "raising" money alone........and NOT dealing with issues important, to the basic survival of the club.

i.e.......... resolve the issues regarding stewarding, before the great Brighton public vote with their feet.

A handful of people on here have had a grizzle about the stewarding, and you think the club should drop everything, put the brakes on the player sponsorship marketing emails, and channel their efforts exclusively to appeasing a few fans who have grievances about some of the stewards ?

Yes, I DO get pissed off with the sanitised atmosphere at all-seater grounds. And I think the guy who got a 2 match ban seemingly for standing up and shouting a few more times than the people around him has been treated disgracefully. But I don't see how you can immediately link that with the club hawking players shirt sponsorships via email - a marketing ploy which has been used for DONKEYS years (and on a few donkeys for that matter), and bemoan it as "appalling timing".

Its a totally separate issue, and a bit of a strange one to choose to go off on one.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
may i refer the gentleman to the thread some months ago about the lack of marketing initiatives coming from the Albion.

the lack of visbility from the marketing department as far as reaching out to supporters.

Granted - few of us have the dough to so something like this but I ahve no issues in with it being circulated......

i would like to help.

I cannot help - so delete and move on.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How about the club addressing the concerns of many, about stewarding first...?...before sending out the MORE MONEY e-mails.

..?

As far as I can tell there are around 10, 20, maybe 30 people who seem to have problems with the stewards (a tiny percentage of the typical home crowd). The rest of us don't experience the problems, although we do see things going on with the stewards, I imagine with the tiny minority. Frankly, it ain't my problem as they never seem to 'pick' on me, so what gives?

It really isn't a 'many' as you put it, it is a tiny 'minority'. If those people have such problems then they should address them with the club. But really it isn't a matter for bleating on about in response to the club asking if anyone wants to sponsor a player.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Have you sent an e-mail to Ken Brown and the clubs marketing department asking the question? If you have, did you get a response?

If you haven't, stop f**king moaning about it, draft up a letter or e-mail and send it to the club explaining that perhaps they're missing out on a revenue opportunity and see what they have to say.

If they think you're a cock, then you can have a moan, but until then actions speak louder than words. Have a nice day. :thumbsup:

SINCE I only went into the club shop YESTERDAY I haven't had the chance to speak with Ken Brown about it - and I intend to have a word when I can, either in person or drop a note. I don't "f***king moan" as you put it, and then avoid ignore the people with the power to do summat about it.
PLUS I do believe "the club's marketing department" are likely to either READ this stuff talking about them, or at least get wind of it.
Fact is, they ARE missing an opportunity to sell better gear and be better represented by Albion-fashionable fans modeling it!

SINCE this IS also a place to voice opinions, I don't see a problem voicing it on here as well, and maybe getting some momentum from others as well.
You have a nice day too. :wave:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
What on earth are you suggesting man!

If we can be bothered to post this shit, you'd think that TB,Gus or whoever would at least take the time to consider the well thought out views given FREELY on here and incorpoate them into the 5 year plan!

Among my favourites are:

Real ale tweed jackets and horse brasses in the Albion Superfans Bar!

A 300 foot high statue of Dick like that one of Saddam in Baghdad

Stands named after NSC posters pets who did'nt live to see Falmer

Individually hand decorated seats for each STH

A Tunnel from mile oak to Falmer for the children.

:lolol: :clap:

Thanks for those larfs :thumbsup:

(you were serious?? :ohmy: ..... :wink: )

D

Deleted User X18H

The club is based within one of the wealthiest conurbations in the UK.

They know from the 1901 take up Albion fans and the business community has money to burn.

I have these Emails also mine is accompanied by a picture of Kishishev. Sadly his kit has gone though. Holroyd ans Smith still available though. They have spelt Brezovan with an S!!!

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fran Sedanza - Home & Away Kit
Torbjorn Agdestein - Home & Away Kit
Cristian Baz - Away Kit
Gary Dicker - Away Kit
Agustin Battipiedi - Home & Away Kit
Jamie Smith - Home & Away Kit
Chris Holroyd - Home & Away Kit
Michael Poke - Home & Away Kit
Andrew Whing - Home & Away Kit
Peter Bresovan - Away Kit

Some cracking names still looking for sponsorship!!! Holroyd, Poke, Whing anyone?

It would be nice if they could at least be professional enough to do a spot of proof-reading and spell our own players names correctly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here