Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few facts for the fans that don't come to many games

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Setting out with the aim of controlling possession, regardless of how ponderous and negative that might make our play, creates a game of football with limited action at either end and a sense that if you nip out for 5 minutes you might well not miss very much.

Brighton had 8 shots on target and 9 off target, Wrexham had 5 on target and 2 off target. That isn't exactly limited action.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brighton had 8 shots on target and 9 off target, Wrexham had 5 on target and 2 off target. That isn't exactly limited action.
today was better than some others in that regard, agreed, but those shot statistics are quite misleading as most of them were from long range and didn't exactly set the pulse racing...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
today was better than some others in that regard, agreed, but those shot statistics are quite misleading as most of them were from long range and didn't exactly set the pulse racing...
I can remember at least 3 that make me go Ooohhh apart from the actual goal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two awful memories for me today, going to concourse at half-time and Tarquin turns ro Daddy and says a bit boring for my first ever game.

And small kid in front of me with a booster seat shouting total tosh at ear splitting sound, could have throttled him

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Two awful memories for me today, going to concourse at half-time and Tarquin turns ro Daddy and says a bit boring for my first ever game.

And small kid in front of me with a booster seat shouting total tosh at ear splitting sound, could have throttled him

You have to love him for that !

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Only if they have a basic understanding of football.The newbies around me a woman who wanted to know where the standing terrace was and why is it an all seated stadium,why is there no commentry on the game and best of all the group of lads behind me when the north started singing stand up if you hate Palace they asked whats the song about are they anti royal family that is the truth..

bollocks

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only if they have a basic understanding of football.The newbies around me a woman who wanted to know where the standing terrace was and why is it an all seated stadium,why is there no commentry on the game and best of all the group of lads behind me when the north started singing stand up if you hate Palace they asked whats the song about are they anti royal family that is the truth..

I had some bloke near me moaning that he wasn't allowed to take his pint to his seat to watch the game. Where has he been this last 20 years?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Ha Ha,that small kid will fit in well to NSC in a few years time!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I thought that the development squad players, for the most part, had decent matches. For me, playing so many DS players doesn't disrespect Wrexham, it more disrespects the cup. I suspect Gus would have done that against most clubs lower than us, and possibly a few around our level. That plus having a reply gives another chance for some DS players, and clears out Gordon Greer's suspension a bit better.

As for the muppets in the North Stand booing at the end... Jesus wept.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
YES YES and YES! Are you so blinkered or short sighted that you can't see that once Gus has built a side we will be moving forward. Also you might notice the new acadamy, this club is going through a huge transition, enjoy it!

You did realise we were playing effectively half our reserve team today didn't you.

I hope I am not alone in my thoughts on this is DEFINATELY the way to fill a football stadium.

No you are not. The fact that 18500 came to see a third round FA cup tie against non league opposition and every home league game is sold out suggests that what the club is doing on the field is indeed DEFINATELY the way to fill a football stadium!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No you are not. The fact that 18500 came to see a third round FA cup tie against non league opposition and every home league game is sold out suggests that what the club is doing on the field is indeed DEFINATELY the way to fill a football stadium!

I disagree. We filled the ground yesterday with a load of people who had come as their first experience of the Amex yesterday, that was evident everywhere you went. I have come to games this season with a lot of different friends who love football, used to play, watch it on Sky all the time etc etc.and they all share the same observations of the way we play.

I've come to virtually every home game and am starting to realise that I am coming more and more for the Amex experience rather than the quality of football. My worry is that once the atmosphere becomes less and less exciting as everything does eventually, what is left? If we are not playing attractive football, 30,000 capacity crowds week in week out will start dwindling.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
We put LuaLua in the team today and now he's out for 8 weeks. If CMS or El-Abd were also risked, then where would that leave us with league games?

The one player I was surprised at starting was LuaLua. We'd all seen him go off lame against Southampton 5 days before. Now he's out for 8 weeks!!!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
SOunds like you were sat near me!! Row P north stand close to the East. Some right frigging knobs around us today that obvious had not been before and so glad they are not going to be there next week, standing up swearing loudly, in fact screaming at one stage, "your f***ing shit" when we didnt shoot and once when JFC had a pass go astray, he shouted "overpaid waste of space" in the end even a steward came in with a video recorder and started filming his as his language was so bad.

For whay its worth I thought he kids did a great job today and showed great calmness on the ball and some great vision. The future of the club is in great hands and I am so for that. I no Vic Bragg personnally and he has raved about our kids for a while now and seeing them today I can see why.

Very close to you.

North stand row S just right of the aisle on the East stand side.

Perhaps we had the joys of the same people to listen to?

Agree the youth looked pretty decent in spells

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
1) It is not necessary to "SHOOT" every time we get within 35 yards of goal

2) Passing it around looking for an opening is not "showing a total lack of passion"

3) We do not need to "Send it" down the wing every time we pick the ball up in midfield

4) "About time we played some long ball" is not an appropriate comment for the North stand

and finally and most importantly

5) If you ever, ever, ever come and sit near me again and boo a team with SIX development players off the pitch after we draw with a decent conference side; having had plenty of shots and played the proper style of football that Gus wants us to, I will hunt you down and f***ing KILL YOU

:angry:

Apologies to all regular NSC'ers for the rant, and to all the ST holders who usually sit around me but decided not to come or sit elsewhere - freeing the seats for dickheads to occupy, I look forward to sitting with you for the next game and having a bit of normality back.

the club need the money and the new fan base....very short sighted of you and very pig headed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here