Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few facts for the fans that don't come to many games

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
1) It is not necessary to "SHOOT" every time we get within 35 yards of goal

2) Passing it around looking for an opening is not "showing a total lack of passion"

3) We do not need to "Send it" down the wing every time we pick the ball up in midfield

4) "About time we played some long ball" is not an appropriate comment for the North stand

and finally and most importantly

5) If you ever, ever, ever come and sit near me again and boo a team with SIX development players off the pitch after we draw with a decent conference side; having had plenty of shots and played the proper style of football that Gus wants us to, I will hunt you down and f***ing KILL YOU

:angry:

Apologies to all regular NSC'ers for the rant, and to all the ST holders who usually sit around me but decided not to come or sit elsewhere - freeing the seats for dickheads to occupy, I look forward to sitting with you for the next game and having a bit of normality back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

2) Passing it around looking for an opening is not "showing a total lack of passion"

3) We do not need to "Send it" down the wing every time we pick the ball up in midfield

4) "About time we played some long ball" is not an appropriate comment for the North stand

5) If you ever, ever, ever come and sit near me again and boo a team with SIX development players off the pitch after we draw with a decent conference side; having had plenty of shots and played the proper style of football that Gus wants us to, I will hunt you down and f***ing KILL YOU

Apologies to all regular NSC'ers for the rant, and to all the ST holders who usually sit around me but decided not to come or sit elsewhere - freeing the seats for dickheads to occupy, I look forward to sitting with you for the next game and having a bit of normality back.

:thumbsup:

The whingers on style definitely didn't see the Brighton passing game destroy League One last year, as well as great cup performances against superior opposition in the Poyet era (Portsmouth, Villa, Sunderland, LFC, & Watford).

If they want it direct, need to move up to Stoke.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Your rant is totally justified and thoroughly warranted!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
But does playing the proper style of football that Gus wants us to have long-term prospects of filling a 30,000 capacity stadium week in week out.

I'm all for possession football but we need to realise that other teams score a lot of goals on the counter-attack whereas we pass the ball around for a while to let them get re-organised. Also field position does count for something and the amount of times we have quality possession near their 18y box but insist on throwing it away and passing back to our keeper is very frustrating and is not very entertaining. If we are not entertaining the crowd they will eventually not turn up when the novelty of the new stadium has worn off.

Our wingers are direct if they get a chance but our midfield is so negative it's unbelievable. A lot of times our players have two options forwards or backwards and they always choose the latter. WTF is that all about!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We had absolutely no idea how to beat Wrexham today. When they equalised, that was it. Either they would win it, or we would draw it. If you think people are wrong for hoping to see us shoot, or wrong for wanting to see us not draw with non-league opposition at home, then it is YOU who is wrong. The performance was poor today. I'm not a booer, I wouldn't boo. People felt disappointed with a poor performance, I can understand that and frankly, having sat through it, I don't disagree with them. The development squad players can be happy with their performances, Navarro, Barnes and Calderon, however, shouldn't be.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

:lol: you aren't alone, had a random behind me talking to his mate about how well Adam was playing for us today.......

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We had absolutely no idea how to beat Wrexham today. When they equalised, that was it. Either they would win it, or we would draw it. If you think people are wrong for hoping to see us shoot, or wrong for wanting to see us not draw with non-league opposition at home, then it is YOU who is wrong. The performance was poor today. I'm not a booer, I wouldn't boo. People felt disappointed with a poor performance, I can understand that and frankly, having sat through it, I don't disagree with them. The development squad players can be happy with their performances, Navarro, Barnes and Calderon, however, shouldn't be.

This.

Theres passing with pupose and then theres passing it for the sake of passing.

Tactics all wrong today, gave Wrexham loads of space and they never looked worried when we had it apart from a few times Lua Lua and Buckley had it. Barnes was isolated much like CMS is most games.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I hope some of the first timers who came today enjoyed the experience and come back again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever way you slice it a draw against a team 3 league's lower is piss poor. Putting out a development squad shows a total lack of respect to Wrexham and it is one of my hates when Manure and the like field a reserve side in cup competions against lower opposition and expect to still walk it, or even worse, not give a shit if they win or lose. Poyet has shown a total lack of regard for all cup competitions and for me BHAFC should field a side to WIN every game they play. If we do the same again at Wrexham we deserve to lose.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
:lol: you aren't alone, had a random behind me talking to his mate about how well Adam was playing for us today.......

Jeez

As a comment to that and no disrespect, my first game missed today, but I could not see anywhere, Seagulls Player, Club Site or even NSC just what the starting eleven was, so, given our current situation if AEA was not starting, I think that would have been a mistake.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Once LuaLua was injured Poyet wasn't going to risk Buckley going the same way, but we still had control of the game. Wrexham are top of the conference because they are great in defence. Let's not get all arrogant and say 'We should be beating teams like Wrexham' There are lower league teams knocking Prem teams out on the 3rd round of the cup, and look how far Crawley went last year when in Wrexham's position.
Injuries and suspensions meant that we played a few development squad players and then a couple more got their chance. I thought they did well and I'm sure we'll win the replay. Booing youngsters is not a great idea for their development!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Fully agree the performance wasn't up to standard, it just the wankers that sat around me at this game that caused me to start the thread.

Also agree with US that we showed a bit of a lack or respect to Wrexham

It's just the manner of the idiots sat around me that incensed me.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
This.

Theres passing with pupose and then theres passing it for the sake of passing.

Tactics all wrong today, gave Wrexham loads of space and they never looked worried when we had it apart from a few times Lua Lua and Buckley had it. Barnes was isolated much like CMS is most games.

Spot on.

I keep coming back to it, but Ray Wilkins commented that Swansea play football with the attitude "possesion with a purpose". That's how it's successful. Passing the ball back to the defence every time we get into the opposition half is not how you win games, it allows opposition teams to get behind the ball and organise their defence. Our chances come from when Lua Lua and Buckley get beyond their man and put the ball in the box, that's a fact.
Look how many times Sparrow, Rogers, Caskey, Adgestein and co looked to thread balls through the Wrexham defence in the last 20 minutes, not one reached our player, because our build-up was so slow. Coventry was another prime example, we gave them so much time to get behind the ball we never created a chance. Our guilt edge chance fell to CMS, one on one after a ball through with Coventry playing a high defensive line. CMS against Burnley terrorised them in the last few minutes chasing balls over the top.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Spot on.

I keep coming back to it, but Ray Wilkins commented that Swansea play football with the attitude "possesion with a purpose". That's how it's successful. Passing the ball back to the defence every time we get into the opposition half is not how you win games, it allows opposition teams to get behind the ball and organise their defence. Our chances come from when Lua Lua and Buckley get beyond their man and put the ball in the box, that's a fact.
Look how many times Sparrow, Rogers, Caskey, Adgestein and co looked to thread balls through the Wrexham defence in the last 20 minutes, not one reached our player, because our build-up was so slow. Coventry was another prime example, we gave them so much time to get behind the ball we never created a chance. Our guilt edge chance fell to CMS, one on one after a ball through with Coventry playing a high defensive line. CMS against Burnley terrorised them in the last few minutes chasing balls over the top.

Against Southampton a few balls were played behind the defence for Lua-Lua to chase and whip a cross in. I'd love to see that as a variant on playing the ball to Lua Lua's feet.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Whatever way you slice it a draw against a team 3 league's lower is piss poor. Putting out a development squad shows a total lack of respect to Wrexham and it is one of my hates when Manure and the like field a reserve side in cup competions against lower opposition and expect to still walk it, or even worse, not give a shit if they win or lose. Poyet has shown a total lack of regard for all cup competitions and for me BHAFC should field a side to WIN every game they play. If we do the same again at Wrexham we deserve to lose.

But we DO have a depleted squad through injury and he didn't want to risk more players than he needed to. That is not showing disrespect to Wrexham that is taking a sensible approach to our current situation. Do you really believe that Wrexham would have preferred to play a full strength Albion side giving less opportunity of making the next round?

We need to stay in the Championship and if that means giving a run out to the development squad in cup ties then I am all for that

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But we DO have a depleted squad through injury and he didn't want to risk more players than he needed to. That is not showing disrespect to Wrexham that is taking a sensible approach to our current situation. Do you really believe that Wrexham would have preferred to play a full strength Albion side giving less opportunity of making the next round?

We need to stay in the Championship and if that means giving a run out to the development squad in cup ties then I am all for that

I don't know but whenever BHAFC have played a team from a higher league I have always wanted the other side to put out their strongest possible team or the win seems cheap and hollow.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Although I agree with your general sentiment it did get to the stage at the end where no one wanted to shoot, there is no harm in having a crack from outside the box if the opportunity arises. We do seem to have gone down the Arsenal route of wanting to walk the ball in the net, don't get me wrong I completely agree with the passing game I'm just saying if an opportunity comes up take it we seem to stick to the script too rigidly.
For the record I thought today's game was awful but it is a sacrifice I am will to make as long as we moving in the right direction.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008

bit harsh on Calde hes just come back from injury so hes not fully fit yet, but your right about barnes and navs though

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
But does playing the proper style of football that Gus wants us to have long-term prospects of filling a 30,000 capacity stadium week in week out.

YES YES and YES! Are you so blinkered or short sighted that you can't see that once Gus has built a side we will be moving forward. Also you might notice the new acadamy, this club is going through a huge transition, enjoy it!

You did realise we were playing effectively half our reserve team today didn't you.

I hope I am not alone in my thoughts on this is DEFINATELY the way to fill a football stadium.

Last edited:

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing

Some would say after our fairly mediocre performances of late, that fielding our best eleven available players and absolutely going out to wipe Wrexham off the park with quick incisive passing like we managed to play last season might actually give the team a belief that we can win again regularly.
A CMS Hat-trick today would have been a real boost before Bristol City next saturday.
I don't think we are likely to see the likes of Kasim,Rodgers or probably Agdestein again this season, so why build up their confidence in preference to CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here