Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of thoughts after last night

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Morning all. I know I don't come on here much, but I thought I'd post this to amplify what I said last night. Like many of you, I'd been thinking it for a while and I just got one of those 'jump on the dugout and say it' moments that I've had a few times over the past 20 years, for right or wrong and for love of the Albion! Off the pitch we're finally on our way. But we watch the Albion ON the pitch, and it's not a pleasant sight right now.

Micky was - still is, for the memories, for what he achieved - an Albion hero. I was very pleased when his appointment was announced and thought: great, here really is the man to take us to Falmer. (I'm not going into the Wilkins issue here, on the point in hand it's a red herring.) Like many of you I have been shocked, truly shocked, by what has transpired. I put in my two pennorth yesterday - and this is what I HOPE.

I HOPE that after all this Micky will get angry, think 'I'll show these *******' and revert to the air-punching, never-say-die, no-holds-barred manager with fire in his belly whom we knew and loved, a man who built a team which, as we saw on a number of occasions, would literally fight for each other! That is the man I thought would lead us to Falmer!

I HOPE that on Saturday (perhaps with the aid of a new signing or two?!) we will see a fired-up team like Micky's used to be, ready to sweat blood for the shirt and take three vital points. I HOPE that the extra incentive of going to Leicester on Tuesday - where he has a point to prove - will at the very least inspire us to give the kind of performance we saw in the first game against them, and maybe against the odds get a result as well. I HOPE that we can come back next weekend and give a very poor Hartlepool side some more of what they got on Fans United Day.

I'm not bipolar. A couple of bad results don't phase me. But this is something else. I still want to believe, not just for old time's sake, that Micky can turn things round. But time is very, very short. See you at Cheltenham - let's really get behind the team and give it our best shot -
but, as the Stranglers put it...SOMETHING BETTER CHANGE.....

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
:bowdown:

What you said last night really needed saying - the best 3 minutes of Southern Counties coverage in a long time. I too hope that it provides the club with a much needed wake up call.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Your rant on the phone-in was top drawer, John. :thumbsup:

Adams should be sacked for the appalling football he's introduced. We're going down with him in charge, and that's a fact.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally I couldn't give a flying f*** who the manager is. The football is worse than last season, and on a par with two seasons ago.

I do however think the level of abuse levelled at everyone is over the top, Micky Adams has not raped my daughter, set fire to my house, or anything similar, yet from reading this board you would think that he has committed crimes similar to Fred West or Peter Sutcliffe. Similar for DK, he is the public mouthpiece of the board, the board were unhappy with certain aspects of Dean Wilkins performance, it was not to do with what took place on the pitch, but ultimately, as they are subsidising the club to the tune of £2-3 million each season, it doesn't make much difference what others think, as without them there would be no club.

In the many years of supporting the club, in most of those we have been a bit shit, some years very shit, and occasionally decent. But NOTHING will stop me supporting them, I'm Brighton til I die, and that is the end of it.

If people want a fist clenching manager why not appoint Barry Fry?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
On a serious note Attila, thank you for having the nerves to speak out, I am sure I can speak for most of the people on here, and we realise that it must have been a tough decision, adrenalin fueled or not, for you to go against those who employ you to entertain the crowd.

Once more my hat is lowered in your direction sir!:bowdown:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Personally I couldn't give a flying f*** who the manager is. The football is worse than last season, and on a par with two seasons ago.

I do however think the level of abuse levelled at everyone is over the top, Micky Adams has not raped my daughter, set fire to my house, or anything similar, yet from reading this board you would think that he has committed crimes similar to Fred West or Peter Sutcliffe. Similar for DK, he is the public mouthpiece of the board, the board were unhappy with certain aspects of Dean Wilkins performance, it was not to do with what took place on the pitch, but ultimately, as they are subsidising the club to the tune of £2-3 million each season, it doesn't make much difference what others think, as without them there would be no club.

In the many years of supporting the club, in most of those we have been a bit shit, some years very shit, and occasionally decent. But NOTHING will stop me supporting them, I'm Brighton til I die, and that is the end of it.

This probably sums up my feelings about the club at present, we all love our club and want them to do well. The good times are now within reach, DK, the board, us supporters and the management have got us this far so lets not wobble now. The players are good enough so lets get behind them even if things arn't as we want.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The 'fire in the belly' thing is so important. The first time Mickey was here he used to go bloody mental if we weren't on form. Now, he just sits there whilst Dean White fiddles with his clipboard, he should be off his seat, bellowing at the players, at least that way we'd see that he really does give a shit.

He looks nervous, reserved and a shadow of his former self at the moment.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Difficult to argue with any of that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The good times are now within reach, DK, the board, us supporters and the management have got us this far so lets not wobble now. The players are good enough so lets get behind them even if things arn't as we want.

The good times are slipping out of reach. It's like good times are at the top of a hill, we got near the top and since the start of the season we've been slipping back down the hill.

I believe the players are good enough. But something isn't gelling, and it isn't a matter of just perservering anymore.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Agreed. It has been over the top and I've been one who have held backl from losing my patience with MA up until today.

I think now is the time for MA to go but I certainly don't wish him any ill will.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Difficult to argue with any of that.
No it isn't. It's a shit rant coming from someone who has said some unwarranted viscious horseshit about some postors on here in recent times. In fact I think he's a f***ing hypocrite to be honest.

At the end of the day, the team Adams has installed is absolutely f***ing wank and people are rightly pissed off about it, especially those who shelled out on season tickets. What's wrong with people expressing that sort of opinion on here then?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The only time this season I thought we had the real Micky Adams here was when he was having a go at Nathan Jones live on air, Thats the micky Adams we all knew not the lost and dejected Micky Adams we've got now.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
On a serious note Attila, thank you for having the nerves to speak out, I am sure I can speak for most of the people on here, and we realise that it must have been a tough decision, adrenalin fueled or not, for you to go against those who employ you to entertain the crowd.

Once more my hat is lowered in your direction sir!:bowdown:

Just a point of clarification re the verb 'employ': I don't get paid for my PA /DJ duties, never have done, wouldn't want to be (neither does PS) and I buy a season ticket (so does PS)

It's a labour of love, part of my sacred duty to save the Withdean faithful from the depredations of Phil Collins and Coldplay! (Of course, I'm not responsible for the Gully's Girls music choices, I have asked if they can dance to The Clash, Rancid or Half Man Half Biscuit, but I'm not holding my breath..)

I will always say what I believe on Albion matters. I've been fairly quiet recently a) because I am broadly in full agreement with what DK et al have achieved and are doing and haven't got much to add at the moment (OK, I'd like a terrace at Falmer with Dark Star Hophead kiosks dotted round it a la St Pauli...but we all have to compromise!) and b) because my folks are really ill and Robina and I have our work cut out. DK asked me to be PA announcer in the 90s precisely BECAUSE of the stance I was taking and my passion for the club - what I said yesterday is a part of that.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think there's a little more to it than just getting Micky to go back to his clench fisting style.

The season has been littered with odd management decisions that are too many and too frequent to be down to bad luck.

They have been well documented on NSC, but include.
1. Players consistently out of position.
2. Uninspired substitutions.
3. An inability to turn games around at half time.
4. Poor tactics.
5. Poor set pieces and corners.
6. New players signed to make a difference, and then sat warming the bench.
7. Some players overweight and unfit.
etc etc

Its not been a good period for our Micky.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No it isn't. It's a shit rant coming from someone who has said some unwarranted viscious horseshit about some postors on here in recent times. In fact I think he's a f***ing hypocrite to be honest.

We're all f***ing hypocrites. People are happy to dish it out but can't take it.

The Albion are piss poor at present, and it's a piece of cake to lay all the blame at the door of Adams and Knight.

People post speculation as fact, and opinion as gospel, and NSC has descended into factions where the most important issue is 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' simply because they share the same views on a particular topic, be it the manager, board or the colour of the shorts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here