Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of questions re Saturdays game...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Have any of you got your tickets yet through the post? (non-STH)

Also what are the chances of getting the 17-06 back to Brighton? Would I need to leave before the end of the game to make sure I get on it?

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd recommend legging it on the final whistle.

Alternatively, relax, have another couple of pints in the North Stand concourse bar (it's where it's AT, post match), and stroll in a leisurely manner on to a half empty train at half six. It's a beautiful way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'd recommend legging it on the final whistle.

Alternatively, relax, have another couple of pints in the North Stand concourse bar (it's where it's AT, post match), and stroll in a leisurely manner on to a half empty train at half six. It's a beautiful way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

That is very tempting, but I need to get home by 7ish!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Have any of you got your tickets yet through the post? (non-STH)

Also what are the chances of getting the 17-06 back to Brighton? Would I need to leave before the end of the game to make sure I get on it?

My tickets turned up this morning. I assume they wanted to get the Sunderland game out of the way before sending out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I never leave before the final whistle and against Blackpool I managed to get the 17:02 to Ore ! :)
No chance of that after Donny ( 17:40 train ) and after Sunderland I got home at 01.30 thanks to a f**k up by Southern Rail at Eastbourne :rant:

So to summarise - unless there's loads of added on time, leg it at the final whistle and you should make the 17:06.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I never leave before the final whistle and against Blackpool I managed to get the 17:02 to Ore ! :)
No chance of that after Donny ( 17:40 train ) and after Sunderland I got home at 01.30 thanks to a f**k up by Southern Rail at Eastbourne :rant:

So to summarise - unless there's loads of added on time, leg it at the final whistle and you should make the 17:06.

Cool, I'm in the East so not so far to run!

I might have to call up the ticekt office tomorrow if my ticket doesn't turn up

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Where do you live ? even waiting 30 mins to say 17:20 makes a massive difference.

So I guess if I need to get the 17:34 from Brighton to Three Bridges, the 17:20 is also a possibility? Might have time for a swift pint then! :drink:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
East also and running with my 7 and 12 yr old too. Mind you, they're both faster than I am :lol:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
after Sunderland I got home at 01.30 thanks to a f**k up by Southern Rail at Eastbourne :rant:
Shitting hell, how did that happen? Thought post-Sunderland train was pretty good (got an earlier train to Lewes than I had at the Gills game) though had to leg it at the final whistle!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shitting hell, how did that happen? Thought post-Sunderland train was pretty good (got an earlier train to Lewes than I had at the Gills game) though had to leg it at the final whistle!

To cut a long story short - as the train we were on from Falmer to Eastbourne was held up at Lewes, literally just as we pulled into Eastbourne our train change to Hastings pulled out leaving loads of us stranded at Eastbourne to wait nearly an hour for the next and last train to Hastings leaving at 00:22. We got off at Hastings just before 1am and then walked home from there.

I don't blame the club, I blame Southern rail for total lack of common sense. Plenty of us stranded at Eastbourne share that view. All they needed to do was hold our link train back by just a couple of minutes to let us all change and everything would have been fine.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
To cut a long story short - as the train we were on from Falmer to Eastbourne was held up at Lewes, literally just as we pulled into Eastbourne our train change to Hastings pulled out leaving loads of us stranded at Eastbourne to wait nearly an hour for the next and last train to Hastings leaving at 00:22. We got off at Hastings just before 1am and then walked home from there.

I don't blame the club, I blame Southern rail for total lack of common sense. Plenty of us stranded at Eastbourne share that view. All they needed to do was hold our link train back by just a couple of minutes to let us all change and everything would have been fine.

Southern Rail are so poor, I remember the Withdean years when we'd get the train from Preston Park to Brighton and just as we got off the Brighton to Hastings train would be just leaving. Some things never change! Wouldn't relish a walk from Hastings to Ore at gone midnight either!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know it doesn't really help but we left just after the final whistle and got the 17:01 to Lewes last Saturday - we are in the north though and they did hold the train until it was full

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't mind the walk, used to it when nothing goes back to Ore after about 9ish anyway.
It's the simple lack of foresight from train companies that gets me. An arrogant Southern worker at Eastbourne told me, when I asked what was going on, that we should have got off at Hampden Park and got it there and then we wouldn't have missed it. Someone then points out that the train that just left and that we were all supposed to be on was the fast to Hastings that doesn't even stop at Hampden Park ! Southern workers response ?...brief silence as his brain kicks into gear before responding with an "oh yeah" and then walking off. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here