Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of positive things Nooney said this morning

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thank you for the update.

I'm not sure why you chose to include the part, where Gus took the piss out of your daft question, though.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
I think that Martin Samuel, Matt Dickinson, Oliver Holt and all the other top football reporters in the country are missing a trick by not referring to themselves constantly in articles by saying "I asked" when quoting

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I always look forward to your Thursday updates.

Your questions are so insightful yet you still seem to keep your ego in check. :lol::lol::lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wow thanks. When you say "I asked" do you mean you were actually there? You actually get to ask the questions yourself?

Why haven't you ever mentioned this before?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never keen on one sentence paragraphs and your fourth para re: kick-off times makes no actual sense although the gist of it is clear.

Think I would stick to the day job if I had one I'm afraid :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
your fourth para re: kick-off times makes no actual sense although the gist of it is clear.

Its pefectly clear:

Intrepid reporter "Will having a 3pm Saturday kick-off assist your preparations"

Gus (with eyes rolling to the heavens) "Oh yes absolutely. The players are only prepared for standard kick off times. I never bother getting them prepared if the kick-offs are moved"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I asked Gus if a rare Saturday 3pm kick off might help his preparation, he responded that he always gets the players to understand the importance of three o’clock on Saturday but never 7:45 on a Monday or Tuesday but doesn’t see the return to the traditional time causing any problems.

Was this bit lost in translation

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is it me or is Nooney giving a vote of confidence to Gus? If so, odd that he thought it necessary

Oct 6, 2010
Give the guy a break!
Ok, it isn't the best writing, and more than a little self-indulgent, but it's useful info to those of us not lucky enough to be at these things.
You all read the thread and blog after all, when clearly nobody forced you to.
There is a hint of jealousy in some of the digs me thinks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Earlier I asked Craig Noone to briefly summarise his year with the Albion. He told me it has been unbelievable to go up as champions and for the club to establish themselves in the Championship. He remarked that they had beaten some good teams this season. He believes he has come on so much as an individual player under Gus Poyet and is sure he can only get better under his current manager.'

What else would he say? :shrug:

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Give the guy a break!
Ok, it isn't the best writing, and more than a little self-indulgent, but it's useful info to those of us not lucky enough to be at these things.
You all read the thread and blog after all, when clearly nobody forced you to.
There is a hint of jealousy in some of the digs me thinks.

It isn't the best writing? That's a bit like saying that Colonel Gadaffi wasn't the most tolerant leader

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'Earlier I asked Craig Noone to briefly summarise his year with the Albion. He told me it has been unbelievable to go up as champions and for the club to establish themselves in the Championship. He remarked that they had beaten some good teams this season. He believes he has come on so much as an individual player under Gus Poyet and is sure he can only get better under his current manager.'

What else would he say? :shrug:

Agree. It's a shame there isnt some sort of Peep Show type thing so we can hear Gus' and Nooney's true thoughts as they're responsing to HBnB's inane questions.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
General feedback to the writer of that article. I am amazed he/she still has a job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here