Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit of a shambles today

It's a long time since I've come away from a game that disappointed after winning a point :(

Thank heavens for two brilliant moments from Jarrett and CKR, and a lucky point. Aside from Carole and OGH who worked their arses off, very few other of our players distinguished themselves today.

I thought Coventry were two or three goals better than us, they controlled the game with their shape and pressure and in Dele Adebola had the game's outstanding influence.

Our central midfield was a defensive disaster and it led to our defenders having some of their own poorest games for some time. Adebola gave McShane a nightmarish game and Butters had his most limited influence for quite some while.

Up front, Robinson was poor. When Jarrett skinned two Cov players in the first minute and put the cross into the near post, I never thought I'd see an Albion player exhibit so little physical courage for the ball that they would turn their back on the cross :nono: Come on, Robinson, you are better than that.

Knight was dreadfully inconsistent, some good moments some poor moments, like Chippy and Reid.

A bit disheartened today. McGhee has to go back to the drawing board today and think long and hard about why we were so disorganised and had so little shape.

On the plus side, Albert Jarrett was outstanding and is growing as a player in great strides and CKR was excellent. Almost got goal of the season in the last 5 minutes.

C'mon someone cheer me up. Oh, and Ernest, shut it :lolol:

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Reid appears to be missing a left foot :angry:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
agree with that,mcshane has been different gravy all season but today adebola made him look very ordinary im afraid.still its another point

Downloaded Penguin said:
Reid appears to be missing a left foot :angry:

Yes, but that's too easy a comment. The fullbacks weren't great, although I thought OGH was decent, but look at the central defence and central midfield. Tissue paper at times.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointing result my expectations were 3 points :(

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
was it that bad?

Scotty M said:
was it that bad?

I don't know, that's want I want to know from others, maybe I'm just being a miserable bastard :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
I don't know, that's want I want to know from others, maybe I'm just being a miserable bastard :lolol:

if it was, im gutted i missed it. seems like it would have been the perfect match to moan at

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On paper and given the last two performances it looked a 3 pointer to us.

However we were not at the races for large parts of this game hence it was almost a lucky point.

Still if we perfomed and won every game it would be so boring.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Reports I'm hearing back from the game say yes, it was that bad.

Jake, unusually for him, had a poor game, and the central midfield and defence "awful" according to one of my mates who was there.

Still, look at it this way - we scored twice (again) and survived a game we probably should have lost performance wise. So it's another point in the bag, on an off-day. McGhee will bollock them, for sure.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
eastlondonseagull said:
Reports I'm hearing back from the game say yes, it was that bad.

Jake, unusually for him, had a poor game, and the central midfield and defence "awful" according to one of my mates who was there.

Still, look at it this way - we scored twice (again) and survived a game we probably should have lost performance wise. So it's another point in the bag, on an off-day. McGhee will bollock them, for sure.

i cant believe i missed it:(

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
Blayney 7
Reid 6
McShane 6
Butters 6
Hart 7
Carole 7
Carpenter 5
Hammond 6
Jarrett 8
Knight 7
Robinson 5
Carole 7

CKR 7
Frutos 6

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Blayney 7
Reid 6
McShane 5
Butters 5
Hart 6
Carole 7
Carpenter 6
Hammond 7
Jarrett 7
Knight 7
Robinson 4
Carole 7

CKR 8
Frutos 5

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I'm not sure it was as bad as most people are saying, it wasn't as good as our last few performaces, the central midfield and defence looked dodgey at times. We still looked good going foward though we often lacked the final ball, Robinson didn't really do a lot, but CKR look very good when he came on, Jarrett and Hart also had very good games.
The result was disappointing as I felt it was a game where we could have taken 3 points, but we wouldn't have got any points if Coventry had taken there chances.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Scotty M said:
if it was, im gutted i missed it. seems like it would have been the perfect match to moan at
CKR played well, you wouldn't have liked it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Silent Bob said:
CKR played well, you wouldn't have liked it.

it must have been bad if he managed to score:)

HampshireSeagulls said:
LI - where's the marks out of 10?

I'm hanging on waiting for other comments to find out whether I've turned into a manic depressive :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here