Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit late i know but (regarding last Sat)

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
Sorry for this being a bit late but its my first day back at work since the game against you lot on Saturday, i would just like to say how impressed i was by your support on Saturday to bring that many up was a credit to your club, we have played alot more supposed bigger clubs who have had alot less distance to travel and they brought not even half of what you lot did, as for the game i thought we totally controlled it and were never put under any real pressure, for people that went to the game i imagine you enjoyed watching little Julio Arca in action the boy is a class act, anyway my respect for your club grew alot last Saturday and i for one hope you do alot more than just survive in this division :)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
JulioArca said:
...anyway my respect for your club grew alot last Saturday and i for one hope you do alot more than just survive in this division :)

Thanks! And we will...

:clap2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Thanks,

I would in fact like to compliment your friendly lot too, not once did I come across any sly comments apart from a few young kids but that was quite funny!

Magnificent ground and great atmos!!

Well done one the win too Sunderland!

With Adam Virgo suspended, think MM set out the stall to stop and defend!

:clap:

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
The Northstander said:
Thanks,

I would in fact like to compliment your friendly lot too, not once did I come across any sly comments apart from a few young kids but that was quite funny!

Magnificent ground and great atmos!!

Well done one the win too Sunderland!

With Adam Virgo suspended, think MM set out the stall to stop and defend!

:clap:

Yeah you lot did well the first half and frustrated us alot which i guess was the game plan, i think class told in the end though and your lot tired a bit, the introduction of Bridges had a big effect his class is still there and he proved it on a few occasions

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Great weekend - considerably enhanced by the following:

- Very friendly and knowledgeable locals
- Great stadium
- Wonderful turnout from the Albion

All in all it was fabulous to spend time in a real football city. On the one hand I hope Sunderland go up - on the other, I hope they don't....I'd love another trip to the Stadium of Light.

(Assumption: We don't get relegated :)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Last Staurday is honestly up there in my top away games!! Fantastic day!!

When Myself and Le Prem/Cru were let into SOL to lay out the flag I just stood think in awe!! HUGE, felt like Russell Crowe going into unleash HELL!!

:lolol:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
JulioArca said:
Yeah you lot did well the first half and frustrated us alot which i guess was the game plan, i think class told in the end though and your lot tired a bit, the introduction of Bridges had a big effect his class is still there and he proved it on a few occasions
Also Mcghee bringing on an attacking player for a defensive one and going for the win didn't help either! :rolleyes:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Agree on Sunderland being a proper football town. The fans love their football and know what they are talking about!!

:clap2: :bowdown:

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
I will definitley be making an effort to get down to Brighton when we play you again and will be keeping a keen eye on your results in the future :clap2:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
JulioArca said:
I will definitley be making an effort to get down to Brighton when we play you again and will be keeping a keen eye on your results in the future :clap2:
You seem to have a good following (obvious for such a big club), couldn't make it on sat but happened to be at Plymouth v Sunderland earlier this season and you pretty much filled that away section and Plymouth is further than here!

JulioArca

Oct 29, 2004
Scarface said:
You seem to have a good following (obvious for such a big club), couldn't make it on sat but happened to be at Plymouth v Sunderland earlier this season and you pretty much filled that away section and Plymouth is further than here!

I honestly believe Sunderland have the best away support in the country i was there when we took 15,000 to Manchester City years back, we will defo fill any allocation you give us so should be a great day out :smokin:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
JulioArca said:
I honestly believe Sunderland have the best away support in the country i was there when we took 15,000 to Manchester City years back, we will defo fill any allocation you give us so should be a great day out :smokin:

welcome to Withdean :clap2: :clap2:

your allocation will be about 750

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
JulioArca said:
We will defo fill any allocation you give us so should be a great day out :smokin:

I don't mean this in a horrible way but that comment had in me in stitches. As if Julio had to re-assure us that Sunderland would sell every ticket of the 700 issued.

Thanks for the comments above Julio. They are appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here