Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit late i know but (regarding last Sat)

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Great people up there. All the Sunderland supporters were friendly and helpful. Had a few of their young kids giving my 10 year old large when we walked to the Metro but no bother really. Sunderland appreciated our effort and keeness for such a small club.

The only gripe was about getting in. Did not have tickets so went to the turnstiles that were not signed properly. Then told there were no concessions for kids at the turnstile so £23 each. So then had to go right round the ground to another building where Sunderland supporters were collecting their tickets. Then still paid £17 each for my kids for Away end whilst Sunderland paid £8 for theirs. Dearest I've paid but the time spend doing it meant we missed the boys coming out. Crap admin there. The club is too big and has an impersonal feel. Their supporters were great but seemed very pissed off with the board. Envied them their ground but made me realise how lucky we are to have such a intimate family club which we all feel part of.

Hope Sunderland do well this year.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Have to agree in that I also hope Sunderland do well this year!

:clap:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Northstander said:
Thanks,

I would in fact like to compliment your friendly lot too, not once did I come across any sly comments apart from a few young kids but that was quite funny!

Magnificent ground and great atmos!!

Well done on the win too Sunderland!

With Adam Virgo suspended, think MM set out the stall to stop and defend!

:clap:

What he said!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I thought the Sunderland fans were excellent, very vocal and supportive of their team during the game and very friendly and knowledgable when I met some of them afterwards.

The way the fans are seated, with the away fans surrounded on both sides makes it a really good atmosphere with home fans singing from all around you.

Whe you compare that with the "atmosphere" at Leicester, Watford etc it makes you realise where the most loyal and passionate support lies. Leicester didn't make that much noise at their place two years ago when they beat us to get promoted to the Premiership!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here