Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit cheeky or not?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
And what about if you'd purchased something about TWO days previously?

Oddly enough I did, on Saturday my boys shirt got ruined(I knew I shouldnt have let his Mum wash it) and as we were off on our Hols this week we all fly wearing something Albion so as BOGOF I thought id get him a new one and the free one a pink for my daughter as she has green and black one which boy sometimes wears aswell, anyway back to my point I brought them then saw anouncement and thought "oh fk it!!) I wish I had known that earlier what else could I do or say, i was pissed off but understand with the amount of people turning up on the day it needs some sort of system, let be honest how many of us Dads wouldve have (and some still probably have) taken the day off work and taken the kids to get their shirts, shorts, jackets, duvet cover, flags etc all signed if we thought we could, there would be fking loads of us, they have cut the number straight away by saying onlt bought on the day, showing their system obviously works or it would have been carnage especially (back to my original post) I would be more pissed off if I had brought one at the signing and not got it signed

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Cheeky... a little, but completely normal. I've had a few books signed in the past by authors I really liked or merchandise signed by a band or comedian after a gig. With the exception of Jimmy Carr (who is incredibly nice after his gigs and hangs around to talk or sign or take photos) everytime its had to be something bought there and then that's signed.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
It's stupid, I brought my new SECOND shirt last week with Vicente on it, my home shirt I brought last year has CMS on it, and so I've put over £100 into the club just from my shirts, plus all the other merch I've brought (loads). And now this means that somebody who has never brought anything before and decides to buy something because of the signing gets to get it signed just because they brought it on a certain day, sounds absurd to me.

And with the book signing thing, that's an individual product and they normally do it on/near release and announce the signing weeks/months in advance, rather than 4 days before it happens and once everybody has already bought the product.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've never understood why people want unreadable scribble on their £40 shirts anyway.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bit cheeky, considering a lot of people have probably already used the BOGOF offer. Can see why they are doing it though, to keep numbers down and to take even more money from fans.

Although trying to get fans to pay out money recently by the club has backfired - just look at the Chelsea friendly which isnt anywhere near a sell out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bloom's the one who's brought him in. Just saying...
I know. And I remember being underwhelmed when I was first told, because I take an interest in MLS and was well aware just how much he alienated Vancouver's fans. This sort of thing is his idea, no doubt in my mind.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What I keep telling myself to try and make myself feel better is that the club are just preparing us all for life in the Premiership...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And as by magic, i have just had a reply from the club.

You can get your shirt printed and then signed, even if you have already previously bought the shirt, it just needs to be clean. Whether that only patches as well i dont know. Also any item in the shop could be signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here