Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 inches over the line !!!!

downsclown

Jan 1, 2012
Funny how the linesman fails to see a Saints effort go over the line but the referee looking the other way see's enough to be able to send off Rickie Lambert.
Anyway, Saints well in control for 50 mins, two really good chances spurned (again). Lallana and Cork very good, Connolly nowhere near fit, and we really missed Schniderlein. After the sending off there was only one team on the pitch. Well done Brighton, thought Caskey was brilliant, Lualua returned to his earlier form and you had a keeper in that could actually save shots. Enjoyed the stadium, would rather had buried my head in my hands with Saints fans, but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Think you'll find that the ref was looking straight at the incident for Lamberts sending off, Oh and by the way for what it's worth, I think the ball was over as well and i had a very good view :smile:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I had a great view, looked over the line but I couldn't give a f*** :lolol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I know something else which is 9 inches :moo: Any guesses???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Do the lines matter though? The markings of the penalty area didn't matter at St Mary's, and the goalline at the end didn't matter either. Well, until the second half.

If Lambert hadn't been wound up by the game's finest wind-up merchant, who knows what would have happened. But he was, and by the time your guy managed to piss off Greer enough to get a clap around the ear, we had strolled into a 3-0 lead. Lovely.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My friend in the North said not over. But there you go. A fine line and if the officials don't see it they can't give it. At last we got a ref that seemed to be able to cope.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Also you were on top for about the last 20 minutes of the 1st half but rest of the time before the sending off it was pretty even

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm not convinced it was over the line but I don't really care.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
was as far over the line as their dodgy penalty was outside the box at St Marys. Evens its self out :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm right behind the lino.
Absolutely couldn't see the ball, due to the bodies, in the way.

But it definitely 'felt' like the last man behind the line was the one to clear.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well over the line. But what goes around cones around. Terrible redding at St Mary's came back today!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just because your mummy told you that your penis is nine inches long she was just being kind. Anyway, what's nine inches against the five yards outside of the penalty box.

Tell me, more vinegar with those grapes ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here