Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9/11

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
My daughter was born a week after it happened so I do believe it's ten years!! She makes enough noise to constantly remind me it's nearly her birthday.

my little brother was due on sept 11th but he was late and was born 8 days later

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why can't people have their opinions without abuse and posturing? If Munch wants to have an alternative view let him!!! What makes one persons views correct and the others bullshit? Just agree to disagree instead of acting like 6 year olds in playground at break time. It's embarrassing to watch sometimes.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know there will be many programs on this subject but the one on ITV at the moment is engrossing.

I never appreciated that 200 people jumped.

Everyone was so taken aback that President Bush didn't even break his book class at a Florida school

Fascinating viewing. Watch it if you can!

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
Why can't people have their opinions without abuse and posturing? If Munch wants to have an alternative view let him!!! What makes one persons views correct and the others bullshit? Just agree to disagree instead of acting like 6 year olds in playground at break time. It's embarrassing to watch sometimes.
thanks edited my post now, but still have the same view about this.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
the one prog that gets me everytime, but is also compelling viewing is the film crew that were following a rookie firefighter that very day...... their film is so moving and talk about timing.
watched the prog this week where children of the victims were interviewed - jeez that was a toughy.
always think of robert eaton whenever anything at all is mentioned. is anyone in contact with his family? how are they doing?

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
the one prog that gets me everytime, but is also compelling viewing is the film crew that were following a rookie firefighter that very day...... their film is so moving and talk about timing.
watched the prog this week where children of the victims were interviewed - jeez that was a toughy.
always think of robert eaton whenever anything at all is mentioned. is anyone in contact with his family? how are they doing?

Who is Robert eaton?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who is Robert eaton?

Don't know where to start here. Robert Eaton was an NSCer who died in the twin towers on that date. Have a search on REMF (The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund).

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
What I find strange is how they were let on the plane in the first place if they were Al Quieda names...

And how come in the south tower they weren't let out even though the building right next to them had just been hit by a plane...

And why did this Italian school only teach them to fly, not land?

Questions... questions... I guess we will never know

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very sad day and very emotive however the USA has intervened, in my view, far too often in world affairs when they should not and this does leave you vulnerable.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I seem to recall that we played that evening at The Withdean and it was all a bit surreal.

As for people saying it's an inside job, yep you are allowed your opinions and all that, but you're talking 100% sh*te.

Yeah, Beach Hut, bloody Yanks, interfering in the 1st world war, the 2nd world war.........

Hating Americans - the only acceptable racism, eh? Garbage.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I seem to recall that we played that evening at The Withdean and it was all a bit surreal.

As for people saying it's an inside job, yep you are allowed your opinions and all that, but you're talking 100% sh*te.

Yeah, Beach Hut, bloody Yanks, interfering in the 1st world war, the 2nd world war.........

Hating Americans - the only acceptable racism, eh? Garbage.

We played Southampton and lost 3-0 in the League Cup.

I don't hate yanks at all but the reference is not to the two world wars more to do with Vietnam, Nicagua, the 1st Gulf War, Middle East etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Good.

Mmmm, this post looks very, very wrong without the original quote. Please ignore this.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This will be my 4th 9/11 in New York. Seeing the twin beams lighting up the Manhattan skyline always gets me. I believe it may be discontinued this year as the permanent memorial will be open

twin towers.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very interesting insight.

To start off with, they HAD to keep Bush away from Cheyney. You can't keep all the leaders together when you are not sure what is happening.

Also confirmed what I always felt about Rumsfeld.... Loose Cannon.

They couldn't locate him when it was kicking off. He was helping to carry a stretcher at the Pentagon!

When they had a meeting that evening (8:30), his first reaction was bomb Iraq! His advisors had to point out that Bin Laden et al were in Afganistan!

one final observation

It was a stressful for all concerned. President Bush and his wife retired to bed at 10pm (I checked on rewind) Holy crap, worst day in American history and the top boy turns in at 10 'o clock! Just know that our politicians (whichever party) would stay up all night!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
one final observation

It was a stressful for all concerned. President Bush and his wife retired to bed at 10pm (I checked on rewind) Holy crap, worst day in American history and the top boy turns in at 10 'o clock! Just know that our politicians (whichever party) would stay up all night!

does history tell us what time he got up though? he's from the world of business and a delegator, early to bed early to rise, and theres a top man on the job itself. why stay up when theres nothing to do and you can be reached at any moment? when you think about it, staying up is probably more show than positive responce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here