Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9/11 : Ten Years?!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One hundred million percent, THIS. It's unbelievable that so many people seem to fail to grasp this fact. By no means am I condoning what happened, but hundreds of years of mismanagement of the situation by the USA culminated in 9/11

I moved to the US in October 2001... plenty of empty seats flying over there I can tell you! Anyway after getting to know the locals after a few months in South Carolina, and after constant badgering about my views, I said much the same, that the Government had partially brought this about because of their foreign policy. I wasn't greeted with much support over my views!

Edit: meant to say partially

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Thats interesting, according to this only one Brit died working for Cantor Fitzgerald.
CNN.com - September 11 Memorial

I didn't study that site, but I can't explain that. I knew at least 7 personally very well, and I thought there were quite a few others. I don't recognise the name of the guy who is listed there.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I didn't study that site, but I can't explain that. I knew at least 7 personally very well, and I thought there were quite a few others. I don't recognise the name of the guy who is listed there.

Are they on this site. Any chance of mentioning any names of people you knew that died on 9/11.

Cantor Families Memorial

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Are they on this site. Any chance of mentioning any names of people you knew that died on 9/11.

Cantor Families Memorial

The couple that I checked, yes, they're there. I think I've seen that site before. And, of course, Rob Eaton was one - can't say I knew him, but I did know of him.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

I agree. I think that is in inaccurate report. I knew a couple who I thought worked for Cantors over there and neither are listed.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
As I've said before, I lost 658 friends and colleagues on that day - the company with the highest loss count.

I'd rather not go into the conspiracy theories, I don't believe it for a second. The only two things that concern me, the way tower 7 collapsed looked a little odd to me, but I'm not structural engineer (and neither are most people who think it was an inside job), and the 4th plane could well have been shot down - and I think they would have been well within their rights to do so (obviosuly you;re not going to feel that way if you were a relative of someone on board).

Did you know that the hypocritical two faced tosspots at cantors are suing united airlines for all the money that they reckon they lost and had to pay out to relatives of those killed, dont advertise that on charity day do they !

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Did you know that the hypocritical two faced tosspots at cantors are suing united airlines for all the money that they reckon they lost and had to pay out to relatives of those killed, dont advertise that on charity day do they !

I didn't, but as you know I'm not longer there, and don't really follow anything. I can't imagine what basis they have for suing UA exactly. They certainly are a ruthless bunch in my experience, so not realy surprised.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
May I ask where your persistent questioning of TD is leading to?

Over the years I've met quite a few people who say they knew someone who died in the Towers, but so far I've yet to be given a name that turns up on any of the memorials or obituaries.

After the Tania Head bullshit, I think the death toll has been over stated. It wouldn't surprise me if there were some fraudulant claims for the compensation pay outs.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Over the years I've met quite a few people who say they knew someone who died in the Towers, but so far I've yet to be given a name that turns up on any of the memorials or obituaries.

After the Tania Head bullshit, I think the death toll has been over stated. It wouldn't surprise me if there were some fraudulant claims for the compensation pay outs.

Well, I have no doubt that 658 was the death count of my friends and colleagues. Disbelieve it if you want, I really don't care.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was working/living in the USA at the time (Chicago) and my comments at the time to the Americans I knew was that they should look very closely at why it happened and what prompted terrorists to target the USA rather than some other country. Maybe, just maybe if the USA had taken a more even-handed approach to the Israel/Palestine problem and put pressure on Israel to reach agreement over the issue of a Palestinian state there would not have been such hatred of America in Muslim eyes.
I agree with your points about the US support of Israel, however I feel that your comments were insensitive in their timing, the americans you knew would have been entitled to enquire why you were there if you felt so strongly about it, and i feel that maybe, just maybe you were lucky someone didnt give you a right hander , smack on the jaw.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009

oh do piss off

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I didn't, but as you know I'm not longer there, and don't really follow anything. I can't imagine what basis they have for suing UA exactly. They certainly are a ruthless bunch in my experience, so not realy surprised.
They are horrible bastards and i have no compunction whatsoever in wishing that lutnick and co had been in the wtc when the plane hit, he's a vile piece of shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here