Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8m for a 9 goal striker...

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
He really isn't very good. Especially not £8m.

2007-8, 33 apps, 7 goals
2008-9, 29 apps, 10 goals
2009-0, 32 apps, 9 goals

In the Championship 4 years ago he scored 14 in 35 apps.
The season before he scored 4 in 34 apps.

I find it staggering!

Perhaps I shouldn't. Perhaps this sale alone sums up the Premiership.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Didn't realise he was only 25 to be fair, seems like he's been around for ages.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He really isn't very good. Especially not £8m.

2007-8, 33 apps, 7 goals
2008-9, 29 apps, 10 goals
2009-0, 32 apps, 9 goals

In the Championship 4 years ago he scored 14 in 35 apps.
The season before he scored 4 in 34 apps.

I find it staggering!

Perhaps I shouldn't. Perhaps this sale alone sums up the Premiership.

He does create a lot too...

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
There were times during his first season with us that he looked like a bargain at three times the £6m. we paid for him. I'm afraid he's rarely looked an £8m. player in the last two years. I expect he'll start well with The Potters but I wouldn't expect it to last. It's not quite the move to Liverpool or Spurs he was being linked with a year ago.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Not worth 8 million! But could cause other teams a load of problems with Delap's long throws i guess.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He will suit Stoke's anti football

But its effective though isnt it, if they'd have tried to play fancy football they'd have a) had to change pretty much the entire squad when they were promoted, and b) probably have been relegated by now like most others who've tried. Its Pulis' only option really, and i dont blame him one bit.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For me has a bit of touch and is quite menacing for a wardrobe-sized striker. Too much money, but only by a couple of million. Much more decisive, hit or miss, than Fuller clowning around up.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think most prem teams will shit themselves at a Fuller / K Jones partnership.

Stoke are in for Bellamy, Kovak, Rodellega & Weiss too - they are trying to change their style but were struggling to attract some players.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think last season Stoke started to have the basis of a decent team and played nowhere near as much hoofball as they are accredited to, I hope they will have a decent season. Saying anti football is just ridiculous Pulis has got the best out of the players and resources at his disposal.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Suppose stoke got to appease their fans. Hope we never get to that stage where we spunk 8 million on a ?

Think our fans would be outraged if we did unlike stoke, think their fans are happy blowing millions as long as they see signings.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He's a decent all round striker, they paid £5.5m for Kitson, he's a much better player than him.

However two years ago there rumours that Liverpool were going to or had bid £18m for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here