Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8m for a 9 goal striker...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
didn't he do a flying punch when we lost 2-0 there and won a penalty for handball, when it was himself who made the handball?? was like 5 years ago

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I look at this another way. Stoke have this years TV money burning a hole in their pocket, what else are they going to spend it on? The price is £8 mil because Sunderland also have this TV money in their pocket. It looks like alot for a below avarage player but if that's who pulis has identified as a main target and is happy with other positions in his team he might as well spend it all on Jones.

It seems like silly money to any club outside the prem because the TV revenue is so small.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think Sunderland paid £8M for him in the first place and Keaton is right that Liverpool were putting in bids up to 18M last season.

People want to get real if they think £8m in the prem is a lot. I know you can blame some of the overpricing on Man City but I think that £1M on players to get you in the championship is about right.

Look at Burnley, Blackpool & w Brom they didn't spend and unless they perform miracles like Hull did in their first 10 games will / went down.

Much as people don't like Pulis and his style of play it was perfect to survive till they got the money to spend. They are one of the few clubs that had mainly Uk players too and they certainly captured the market on goalkeeepers.

Begovic is being trailed by Chelsea and Sorenson by arsenal. They even robbed Carlo Nash from Everton. Even Ben Foster started at Stoke and they were after Hart & James last season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd expect Kenwyn Jones to score 11-13 goals for Stoke in the Prem which, with his height and pace, represents good value for money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here