Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8 out of 10 cats

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Anyone else watching? Jimmy Carr getting an absolute battering. It's Angus Deyton all over again. Mr Carr has made a few quips and just basically sat there all wide eyed and apologetic.
"i didnt appreciate what I was doing" MY ARSE. Before he realised the story would get so political, he was more or less bragging that he pays as little tax as possible. Cheeky sod

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Fully intend watching it on catch up later, looking forward to it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry for not replying sooner, I was watching 8 out of 10.
Jon Richardson acted like he's annoyed with Jimmy, and this won't be the last of it, but I'm concerned they'll let him get away with it. Angus Deyton had Hislop and Merton next to him, and they would never let it go, so Deyton was out. I doubt that'll happen with 8 out of 10, which is a shame. What Jimmy's done is inexcusable, and he shouldn't get away with it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great TV. It didnt let up until 10.18 and even then it was sniping for the rest of the show. Best Cats show ever.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I don't agree with what he did, but it is legal. Does that mean that the like of you and I that may put additional monies into a pension scheme such as salary sacrifice (as the Government have encouraged|) to save tax are also "tax dodgers"? If it is "wrong" then Cameron et al should make it illegal. Can't imagine that any of the Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet have been involved with similar schemes before......

Jon Richardson acted like he's annoyed with Jimmy, and this won't be the last of it, but I'm concerned they'll let him get away with it. Angus Deyton had Hislop and Merton next to him, and they would never let it go, so Deyton was out. I doubt that'll happen with 8 out of 10, which is a shame. What Jimmy's done is inexcusable, and he shouldn't get away with it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Totally agree with all of that.

Watched it also. The Deayton comparison was plain to see, though as others have said, due not having Hislop/Merton as panellists I think he has had/will have an easier time of it after this episode!

On the Deayton scandal, anyone know where I can find a version to watch online? Did a search of youtube where it's been in the past and couldn't find it. Only extracts of it I can see are on my "Best of HIGNFY" dvd.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
My Friday night is spent on NSC!! I have a daughter who is 7 on Sunday and I have her newly arrived free Pink & White BHA shirt courtesy of Gully's Gang neatly wrapped up for her to open on Sunday. Unfortunately I am more excited about it than her!

Don't let it worry you but I am now 46. When I hit 40 my back went, my knees went and I put on 2 stone in a year. Happy next birthday.....

Damn you for having a social life. I'm a sad 39 year old, that has a wife and 2 kids asleep in bed. All I have is red wine, the t.v and the distant memory Friday nights out in Brighton. But I'm ok with that, waaaaaaa sob sob sob sob

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't agree with what he did, but it is legal. Does that mean that the like of you and I that may put additional monies into a pension scheme such as salary sacrifice (as the Government have encouraged|) to save tax are also "tax dodgers"?
No, because to follow such a scheme we a) still pay a shed load of tax, and b) can't get at that money until after we retire, and that money then saves the government having to look after us in our retirement.

There's tax dodging and there's tax dodging. When rich people get away with paying 20 - 25%, that's irritating, but hey, they pay shit loads of tax, so never mind. But when someone that lives here earns over £3 million a year, and pays 1% tax, that literally makes me sick. I couldn't give a shit if it's legal. So if there's a country somewhere where the age of consent is 8, does that mean it's ok to fly over and fill your boots? Hey, it's legal. Legal f***ing shmegal, what he's done (and plenty of others by the sounds of it) is totally unacceptable. The only way I'd forgive him is if he handed his accounts in and paid his tax.

If it is "wrong" then Cameron et al should make it illegal.
Yes, they should. And if the population cares enough about it, they would.

Can't imagine that any of the Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet have been involved with similar schemes before......
They should name and shame all. They're loaning themselves money that they'll never pay back right? That should be deemed as tax evasion, and all that have done it should back pay their tax or go to prison.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
The point I was making and I think we agree on this, is that it is not "fair" what he did, but unless it is "illegal" it is going to happen. I would like to see Cameron make it "illegal" rather than pay lip service to it.

No, because to follow such a scheme we a) still pay a shed load of tax, and b) can't get at that money until after we retire, and that money then saves the government having to look after us in our retirement.

There's tax dodging and there's tax dodging. When rich people get away with paying 20 - 25%, that's irritating, but hey, they pay shit loads of tax, so never mind. But when someone that lives here earns over £3 million a year, and pays 1% tax, that literally makes me sick. I couldn't give a shit if it's legal. So if there's a country somewhere where the age of consent is 8, does that mean it's ok to fly over and fill your boots? Hey, it's legal. Legal f***ing shmegal, what he's done (and plenty of others by the sounds of it) is totally unacceptable. The only way I'd forgive him is if he handed his accounts in and paid his tax.

Yes, they should. And if the population cares enough about it, they would.

They should name and shame all. They're loaning themselves money that they'll never pay back right? That should be deemed as tax evasion, and all that have done it should back pay their tax or go to prison.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They should publish the names of everyone who takes out an ISA - name and shame the lot of them for being morally repugnant and using a legal tax avoidance scheme!!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
They should publish the names of everyone who takes out an ISA - name and shame the lot of them for being morally repugnant and using a legal tax avoidance scheme!!

spot on. Are people morally offended or jealous?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I watched it because it was going to be brilliant, and it was. Superb TV. He got a pasting but seemed to appreciate he's been an idiot and needed to build a bridge or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here